Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-11-2021, 11:51 AM   #1

Health Ins?

Hi, I am a full timer under the age of 65....I finally found what I am told is supplemental ins that will cover me all over the country. It has decent coverage for $150 month. I am wondering if any of you have this ins or heard of it??
I think it is an extended PPO type ins.

It is through Philadelphia American Health Value Gold Plan
Providers are in the PHCS network -
PHCS Network = The PHCS Health Directions is an extended network which also provides the lowest cost and is intended to provide health care coverage for members traveling outside their service area.

Thanks!

My Smoker Adventure:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BSZsmP5X78
Use code SPdiscount to buy on Amazon
Spower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 02:09 PM   #2

Please research where PCHS covers, including any favorite or potential camping areas. Also check if they have any overseas coverage if you want to cruise when things open up. Many plans only have no coverage at all, especially Medicare and supplement plans, for outside the USA.
I was lucky in that I had the choice of retaining my employee plan after retirement.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 03:29 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerR View Post
Please research where PCHS covers, including any favorite or potential camping areas. Also check if they have any overseas coverage if you want to cruise when things open up. Many plans only have no coverage at all, especially Medicare and supplement plans, for outside the USA.
I was lucky in that I had the choice of retaining my employee plan after retirement.
I should check mine. My insurance supplement is from my old employer also I pay 98 a month and that is extra because I took the vision and dental. I never checked for out of state coverage. Or out of US coverage. Thanks I look into that
Bill Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 04:18 PM   #4
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spower View Post
Hi, I am a full timer under the age of 65....I finally found what I am told is supplemental ins that will cover me all over the country. It has decent coverage for $150 month. I am wondering if any of you have this ins or heard of it??
I think it is an extended PPO type ins.

It is through Philadelphia American Health Value Gold Plan
Providers are in the PHCS network -
PHCS Network = The PHCS Health Directions is an extended network which also provides the lowest cost and is intended to provide health care coverage for members traveling outside their service area.

Thanks!

I strongly suggest contacting an insurance broker. There are many out there that do that work for free and have access to many different companies. In some cases places like Costco have services available.

Making a wrong move with this can leave you SOL for coverage in someplace that does not have the care you need or leave you with a very large out of network payment if your insurance does not cover it.

And this is not the place to ask for this type of information and be assured that you are getting "expert" information. While there are very nice and informed people here would you ask about a major medical issue here and hope the advice did not kill you?

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 04:56 PM   #5

This is through an agent!

I'm just asking if anybody has any experience with this particular ins.!

Thanks for the advice but not what I am asking for!
Old 11-11-2021, 05:09 PM   #6
CAG

Quote:
This is through an agent!

I'm just asking if anybody has any experience with this particular ins.!

Thanks for the advice but not what I am asking for!

You did not say it was through an agent and you asked for advice and got it. You may not like it but it is advice.

Old 11-11-2021, 05:51 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
You did not say it was through an agent and you asked for advice and got it. You may not like it but it is advice.
Where in my op am I asking for advice?

Asking if you have had experience with a certain ins company is not asking for advice 🙄 🤦*♀️
Old 11-11-2021, 05:55 PM   #8
CAG

Quote:
Where in my op am I asking for advice?

Asking if you have had experience with a certain ins company is not asking for advice 🙄 🤦*♀️

Not sure what else you would call your request but since you seem more than a little hostile we shall end this with Good Luck!

Old 11-11-2021, 08:28 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
Not sure what else you would call your request but since you seem more than a little hostile we shall end this with Good Luck!

You see my comment as being "more then a little hostile??? Hahaha that is funny!! Thanks for the laugh!
Old 11-12-2021, 08:51 AM   #10

Since 2013, I have been having to get my own insurance plan and the #1 thing I look for is if it has coverage in all 50 states, I could care less for out of country coverage. I always choose a PPO plan too.
Old 11-12-2021, 09:47 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16WhiteColly View Post
Since 2013, I have been having to get my own insurance plan and the #1 thing I look for is if it has coverage in all 50 states, I could care less for out of country coverage. I always choose a PPO plan too.
Yup, exactly what I am doing. What insurance co do you/have you used?

My Smoker Adventure:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BSZsmP5X78
Use code SPdiscount to buy on Amazon
Old 11-12-2021, 10:47 AM   #12

Just called my secondary insurance and they said I'm covered in all states and any country affiliated with the United States. I asked about other countries, they said I'm covered if it's considered life threating. So if I have a cut finger in Poland I'll have to pay for that myself
Bill Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 11:04 AM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
I also have a PPO plan. Our employer offers several with the PPO being the most expensive option. However, we have used it all over the country without issue. Same copays and prescription drug costs no matter where we travel.

The last time I used it was at an urgent care in St. Augustine FL, we are from PA, and we were in and out just like we were at home.

Quote:

Mine is through Highmark BCBS. They are big here in PA. But, I am not sure what presence they have outside of the state.
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 02:48 PM   #14

X2 on Blue Cross. I have Blue of Florida, prior had Blue in Illinois. I have had to use them in Denver while traveling and Canada due to a burn. No problems. They are recognized everywhere.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 07:55 PM   #15

Quote:
Aetna Medicare Value PPO Plan, nothing else the last 6 years. It’s an Advantage Plan, all inclusive.
Old 11-17-2021, 02:29 PM   #16

went through this myself. Only travel 6-8 weeks a year. Medicare Supplemental will cover you any where in the country. It would cost twice as much as a Medicare advantage plan which you have to have a dedicated primary car doctor in network. I found Advantage would cover me for urgent care and emergencies, not Doctors other then my primary care. Medicare Advantage works for me. If I was full time I would go with supplemental. Talk to a Insurance broker. Make sure they are not dedicated to certain plan.
jmurri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 02:39 PM   #17

Also, Medicare Supplemental does not cover part D prescription. So in addition to to the cost of supplemental Part D is, I think $42.00. Advantage includes prescriptions.
Old 11-17-2021, 05:42 PM   #18

Most Advantage Plans Cover, hospitalization, Dr. visits, Rx drugs, some vision, some hearing, some dental, Silver Sneakers fitness, but you have to pay the Original Medicare Part B premium, along with any premium for the Advantage Plan you chose. I like it, it’s all inclusive, no other supplement plan or drug plan.
Old 11-17-2021, 05:59 PM   #19

Quote:
Most Advantage Plans Cover, hospitalization, Dr. visits, Rx drugs, some vision, some hearing, some dental, Silver Sneakers fitness, but you have to pay the Original Medicare Part B premium, along with any premium for the Advantage Plan you chose. I like it, it’s all inclusive, no other supplement plan or drug plan.

However, you must see your assigned primary care doctor. If you are traveling full time they will not cover seeing another doctor out of plan.
Old 11-17-2021, 06:20 PM   #20
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurri View Post
However, you must see your assigned primary care doctor. If you are traveling full time they will not cover seeing another doctor out of plan.
Mine does. UHC Advantage
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote