Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-14-2021, 07:10 AM   #1

Heating system

We ust bought our Jayco Eagle HT27rs. We just had our walk through. The heat was on, When we got to the bedroom there was cold air coming out the vents in the bedroom. (the small round vents, you can turn in any direction) I asked the guy why is cold air coming out and not hotair, He said "these vents are to move the air around. ????? I'm not buying it. Does anyone know if this is correct.
Meister2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 07:26 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister2 View Post
We ust bought our Jayco Eagle HT27rs. We just had our walk through. The heat was on, When we got to the bedroom there was cold air coming out the vents in the bedroom. (the small round vents, you can turn in any direction) I asked the guy why is cold air coming out and not hotair, He said "these vents are to move the air around. ????? I'm not buying it. Does anyone know if this is correct.
In the ceiling? He is correct since some rigs have the a/c fan programmed to come on with the furnace to help circulate the air.

In or at the floor, then the furnace didn't fire up or was shutting down. I will continue to run and can produce some cool air.
Old 02-14-2021, 10:08 AM   #3

new unit with bmpro android tablet system?

Few articles recently on it. AC fans (ceiling) are on when heat is on. Can't turn them off unless you pull a breaker. Supposed to be an update coming to allow you to turn them off.

Furnace should be blowing hot air out the vents in/near floor.

Others with same question:
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...fan-81182.html
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ons-83826.html
Old 02-20-2021, 08:06 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
In the ceiling? He is correct since some rigs have the a/c fan programmed to come on with the furnace to help circulate the air.

In or at the floor, then the furnace didn't fire up or was shutting down. I will continue to run and can produce some cool air.
This is how our 287 BHS is. There are no heat vents in the Bedroom so the AC is able to run and suck warm air from the Living Room area and blow it through the RV.
DUX4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 07:25 PM   #5

That's what I was told too!!! I also told them not buying it. I just found a post in the forum labeled heat... Which I can't find again. It said to do an update at the command system in the trailer. I just googled how to do update for command jayco. It gives descriptive instructions I
That I will try tomorrow
Meister2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cold air, heat