Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-06-2014, 09:44 AM   #21

You mentioned your unit is on a seasonal site and it sounds like it hasn't been moved for a long time. Wondering what would be involved in hooking it up to a TV and giving it a run down the Hwy for a few miles. Might give you a chance to clean out the site under the RV and also check out the road worthness of your unit. Since its new to you, it might give you some useful info about your new to you RV. Running 25 miles or so down the road with 20 lbs of ice cubes dumped down the toilet will give your tank a good scrub.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 03:23 PM   #22

You mentioned that you are going to purchase a Flush King. If that is the clear elbow with a hose attachment that fits on the dump valve, I'm not sure that will help that much. We have used a wand-type apparatus that we bought at WalMart for about $7. It is a 3 foot (approximately) long piece of PVC with holes on one end and a connector on the other end in order to connect it to a standard garden hose. On our fiver we have a black tank washer that we can hook up from the outside but have found that this "wand" from WalMart works even better. For $7 bucks you can't go wrong

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 10:28 AM   #23

One thing I do that most don't seem to do. If I'm at a full hook up. My black tank gets filled to approximately 2/3 full before using. Then dump when full.
rider438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 02:53 PM   #24

Rider,thats a great suggestion!
thecampingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 08:50 PM   #25

Our poor little 197 hasn't caused any trouble, mostly I think because it is usually used for long runs. This last one was 3500 miles. I do make sure that lots of water gets in, and sometimes will scoop the dishwater into the toilet. I use el cheapo liquid laundry soap quite liberally. After dumping, I usually pour in a couple of gallons of water and maybe a cupful of two of soap. Also, I think there is a baffle sitting right under the bomb door, helps mix things up.
kjohn73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 02:17 AM   #26

I fill up the tank and use Rid-X about halfway through the season and once when I'm done. Bacteria and microbes can get to all the places my hose and black tank sprayer can't.