Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-18-2015, 08:32 AM   #11

When you go to the show how about wearing a GoPro cam so those of us in the West can see what is going on. you would post it to You Tube for us.. ;-))

215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 09:12 AM   #12

That wouldn't have been a bad idea. However I'm home now. Did a lot of internet cruising and I found the 2 particular models I was liking at for the pretty much the same price in lots of places. There were no great "show" deals. Matter of fact the exact same Pinnacle my father is looking at was 6 grand more than our local Jayco dealer. However this was the first day. Tried the gambit I'll take it home you don't have to (to save dealer money) but nobody did that. They all said pick up next weekend. That being said show opened at 9am. By noon I saw at least a dozen sold signs on various units. Hershey show is a great place to see lots of models floor Plans and quality of build. Across the board the show prices were 28-30% off MSRP. I can find that all day long at much closer to home dealers. But now I know what I want and what I can afford. I do think for the style TT I'm looking for Jayco builds the best quality for the price. Just look at the cabinetry and counter tops and you can see it is another step up.

tugboat95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 09:21 AM   #13

I feel the same way about show "deals". They count on spur of the moment buyers most of the time. I got a WAY better deal from my local dealer than any quote I received at a show. When I was in the market I used the shows to compare brands and compare features and finalize a floor plan... not to strike a deal.
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 11:54 AM   #14
BJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon059 View Post
I feel the same way about show "deals". They count on spur of the moment buyers most of the time. I got a WAY better deal from my local dealer than any quote I received at a show. When I was in the market I used the shows to compare brands and compare features and finalize a floor plan... not to strike a deal.
My first rodeo but we bought after the show last year and they still had 'show pricing' at the dealership. We did better by threatening to go to rvdirect.com, however.

We're looking to go to A) get nauseous from the high end models but also B) compare the same floorplans across the manufacturers, and even maybe find one we had not considered.
BJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 05:45 PM   #15

Just got back from the Hershey show and found Prices slightly higher. But every vendor & dealer say they would sharpen their pencils and really negotiate. Use the Show deal as the starting point, then start negotiating.
We went to view similar 5th wheels that we are looking at across the various Manufacturers. What a variety in weight, quality, fit & finish, & Price point! Even using our focused method, our heads started to spin. Need to review tonight as we are taking DD & SIL back tomorrow. Also spent time with the various Fiver Hitch companies discussing their Products. Good information out there.

Sorry, never thought about wearing a Go-Pro for the rest of the country.
RSerendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 09:05 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSerendipity View Post
Just got back from the Hershey show and found Prices slightly higher. But every vendor & dealer say they would sharpen their pencils and really negotiate. Use the Show deal as the starting point, then start negotiating.
We went to view similar 5th wheels that we are looking at across the various Manufacturers. What a variety in weight, quality, fit & finish, & Price point! Even using our focused method, our heads started to spin. Need to review tonight as we are taking DD & SIL back tomorrow. Also spent time with the various Fiver Hitch companies discussing their Products. Good information out there.

Sorry, never thought about wearing a Go-Pro for the rest of the country.
My head is still spinning. Turns out I've just found a used Summerland with the zinger floor plan I fell in love with at the show just 90 minutes away. And the price is right. Can't go tomorrow but road trip on Monday.
tugboat95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 07:00 PM   #17

Spent Saturday re-looking at the 4-5 models we narrowed it down to Friday night. What a crowd on Saturday!!!
Bad news is the Jayco Eagle 5vers fell to the bottom of the heap. Liked the fit and finish for the most part but couple design flaws moved them lower. Not one Eagle had a usable Medicine Cabinet, 1" furring strips is not a Cabinet. The Island and some cabinetry in every model looked like a inexpensive version of the old 'This End Up' furniture. Also as per my DW, too much Black in those areas that contrasted with the Wood tones. I really wanted the 28.5RSTS but there is barely 9" between the top of the Burners on the stove & the fan. Normally cook outside anyway but that severely limits any type of indoor cooking, especially on the back burner.

Did find two completing models that are functionally better. That is what this Show is all about.
RSerendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 07:18 AM   #18

Just read your post & I am looking for that model (2016 25BHS) Now that you have had it for a short while any comments pro & con?? Any options that you would think should be included. I am looking for 2-4 people sleeping & for the wife & myself an extended 3-4 month trip coast to coast. I did notice some great price inflation by dealers. Jayco's website shows MSRP $32,909. I'm thinking 30% off that bringing it to the $23,000 rangewould be a great deal. Seems impossible to find right now. The only ones I see for sale are at MSRP or more? I am looking to get one by July this year.

robert9999 is offline   Reply With Quote