Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-16-2015, 04:12 PM   #1

Hershey

Well if you can't find what you want at this show, they don't make it.....that being said Jayco didn't bring the whitehawk 25BHS. The one I really wanted to see.
But there's a ton of other stuff. One thing I noticed though, I think at least half of the TT dealers here are Camping World franchises. Found several that I like, prices are ok but not great. I'm Leery of buying from them as I've heard only horror stories about their service. I'm of the opinion short of a major catastrophe the warranty is not going to be used. Most are only for a year anyway (except for Jayco). I'll just eat any repairs. But I can get it delivered out of my local Camping World. Not bad since I don't have my truck. So now a lot of thinking and talking with the wife tonight to see if I want to bring one home. I have beat the price on one model I was looking at last month, But only by 500 bucks. It'll cost 200 in gas to get it home as opposed to local dealer. The one I really liked is 1500 outside our budget and he won't budge, although he waived all the "extra" fees and it comes with about 2k worth of upgrades. If I bring one home it'll be that one. Too many decisions, to many toys.
tugboat95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 04:24 PM   #2

Get an eyeful for me while you're there. Wanted to go but just too much other stuff going on to make it happen this year. I've already told the missus where we'll be this time next year.
SparkDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 04:26 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tugboat95 View Post
Well if you can't find what you want at this show, they don't make it.....that being said Jayco didn't bring the whitehawk 25BHS. The one I really wanted to see.
Was the new DESIGNER FW there?
Old 09-16-2015, 05:28 PM   #4

Sorry I don't know. I wasn't looking for that. They had 2 Pinnacles which my Dad is looking for. But they priced about 10k higher than NC show last month.
Old 09-16-2015, 05:45 PM   #5
BJR

We were thinking about going this weekend. I'm not sure I can stomach paying $20 admission so they can market to us.

Would like to compare all of the 26' Bunkhouse campers and it seems like a good place to do it.
BJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 05:54 PM   #6

That's why I went. It's just me so it's only 10 bucks. But I compared the same two floor Plans I'm interested in about 4 or 5 manufacturers. Right now I'm leaning towards a Heartland Prowler Lynx 25lx but that pesky lack of money problem is raising it's ugly head. I love a Jayco and I think they are among the best built out there, but I just can't do a new one.
Old 09-16-2015, 06:57 PM   #7

Yea, I went last year looking to see my 29QBS before I bought it. None of the dealers brought one... We are leaving tomorrow afternoon for Gifford Pinchot State Park and 2 days at Hershey. My 2 year old daughter LOVES going to the shows and looking at all the campers, so away we go!
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 07:33 PM   #8

Check out Rhone's Travel Trailer they are a great family owned business and we had excellent buying experience when we bought our North Point 375 from them last month.

2017 Ford F-350 Lariat Ultimate 6.7 CCSB
2016 Jayco North Point 375BHFS
EricRom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 08:30 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tugboat95 View Post
But there's a ton of other stuff. One thing I noticed though, I think at least half of the TT dealers here are Camping World franchises. Found several that I like, prices are ok but not great. I'm Leery of buying from them as I've heard only horror stories about their service. I'm of the opinion short of a major catastrophe the warranty is not going to be used. Most are only for a year anyway (except for Jayco). I'll just eat any repairs. But I can get it delivered out of my local Camping World. Not bad since I don't have my truck. So now a lot of thinking and talking with the wife tonight to see if I want to bring one home. I have beat the price on one model I was looking at last month, But only by 500 bucks. It'll cost 200 in gas to get it home as opposed to local dealer. The one I really liked is 1500 outside our budget and he won't budge, although he waived all the "extra" fees and it comes with about 2k worth of upgrades. If I bring one home it'll be that one. Too many decisions, to many toys.
We just took delivery of the new 25BHS last week. Taking it out this weekend for the first voyage. If you have any questions about it I'd be happy to try to answer them.

We really liked the layout and the build quality vs other lightweights we shopped.
Zoony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 09:59 AM   #10

Send a message via MSN to alvinator
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricRom View Post
Check out Rhone's Travel Trailer they are a great family owned business and we had excellent buying experience when we bought our North Point 375 from them last month.
I agree. I have bought many units from Rhone's through the years. They are a first class operation. My wife and I just ordered a 2016 Jayco 29 MV Class C with all the goodies including full body paint.
alvinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 07:32 AM   #11

When you go to the show how about wearing a GoPro cam so those of us in the West can see what is going on. you would post it to You Tube for us.. ;-))
93/2020,157/2019219/2018 206/2017,215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 08:12 AM   #12

That wouldn't have been a bad idea. However I'm home now. Did a lot of internet cruising and I found the 2 particular models I was liking at for the pretty much the same price in lots of places. There were no great "show" deals. Matter of fact the exact same Pinnacle my father is looking at was 6 grand more than our local Jayco dealer. However this was the first day. Tried the gambit I'll take it home you don't have to (to save dealer money) but nobody did that. They all said pick up next weekend. That being said show opened at 9am. By noon I saw at least a dozen sold signs on various units. Hershey show is a great place to see lots of models floor Plans and quality of build. Across the board the show prices were 28-30% off MSRP. I can find that all day long at much closer to home dealers. But now I know what I want and what I can afford. I do think for the style TT I'm looking for Jayco builds the best quality for the price. Just look at the cabinetry and counter tops and you can see it is another step up.
Old 09-18-2015, 08:21 AM   #13

I feel the same way about show "deals". They count on spur of the moment buyers most of the time. I got a WAY better deal from my local dealer than any quote I received at a show. When I was in the market I used the shows to compare brands and compare features and finalize a floor plan... not to strike a deal.
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 10:54 AM   #14
BJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon059 View Post
I feel the same way about show "deals". They count on spur of the moment buyers most of the time. I got a WAY better deal from my local dealer than any quote I received at a show. When I was in the market I used the shows to compare brands and compare features and finalize a floor plan... not to strike a deal.
My first rodeo but we bought after the show last year and they still had 'show pricing' at the dealership. We did better by threatening to go to rvdirect.com, however.

We're looking to go to A) get nauseous from the high end models but also B) compare the same floorplans across the manufacturers, and even maybe find one we had not considered.
BJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 04:45 PM   #15

Just got back from the Hershey show and found Prices slightly higher. But every vendor & dealer say they would sharpen their pencils and really negotiate. Use the Show deal as the starting point, then start negotiating.
We went to view similar 5th wheels that we are looking at across the various Manufacturers. What a variety in weight, quality, fit & finish, & Price point! Even using our focused method, our heads started to spin. Need to review tonight as we are taking DD & SIL back tomorrow. Also spent time with the various Fiver Hitch companies discussing their Products. Good information out there.

Sorry, never thought about wearing a Go-Pro for the rest of the country.

015 Ford F250 Lariat SD
2015 Jayco WhiteHawk 27DSRL (Sold)
2017 KZ Durango D281RLT.
RSerendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 08:05 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSerendipity View Post
Just got back from the Hershey show and found Prices slightly higher. But every vendor & dealer say they would sharpen their pencils and really negotiate. Use the Show deal as the starting point, then start negotiating.
We went to view similar 5th wheels that we are looking at across the various Manufacturers. What a variety in weight, quality, fit & finish, & Price point! Even using our focused method, our heads started to spin. Need to review tonight as we are taking DD & SIL back tomorrow. Also spent time with the various Fiver Hitch companies discussing their Products. Good information out there.

Sorry, never thought about wearing a Go-Pro for the rest of the country.
My head is still spinning. Turns out I've just found a used Summerland with the zinger floor plan I fell in love with at the show just 90 minutes away. And the price is right. Can't go tomorrow but road trip on Monday.
Old 09-22-2015, 06:00 PM   #17

Spent Saturday re-looking at the 4-5 models we narrowed it down to Friday night. What a crowd on Saturday!!!
Bad news is the Jayco Eagle 5vers fell to the bottom of the heap. Liked the fit and finish for the most part but couple design flaws moved them lower. Not one Eagle had a usable Medicine Cabinet, 1" furring strips is not a Cabinet. The Island and some cabinetry in every model looked like a inexpensive version of the old 'This End Up' furniture. Also as per my DW, too much Black in those areas that contrasted with the Wood tones. I really wanted the 28.5RSTS but there is barely 9" between the top of the Burners on the stove & the fan. Normally cook outside anyway but that severely limits any type of indoor cooking, especially on the back burner.

Did find two completing models that are functionally better. That is what this Show is all about.

015 Ford F250 Lariat SD
2015 Jayco WhiteHawk 27DSRL (Sold)
2017 KZ Durango D281RLT.
RSerendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 07:18 AM   #18

Just read your post & I am looking for that model (2016 25BHS) Now that you have had it for a short while any comments pro & con?? Any options that you would think should be included. I am looking for 2-4 people sleeping & for the wife & myself an extended 3-4 month trip coast to coast. I did notice some great price inflation by dealers. Jayco's website shows MSRP $32,909. I'm thinking 30% off that bringing it to the $23,000 rangewould be a great deal. Seems impossible to find right now. The only ones I see for sale are at MSRP or more? I am looking to get one by July this year.
robert9999 is offline   Reply With Quote