Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-16-2015, 05:12 PM   #1

Hershey

Well if you can't find what you want at this show, they don't make it.....that being said Jayco didn't bring the whitehawk 25BHS. The one I really wanted to see.
But there's a ton of other stuff. One thing I noticed though, I think at least half of the TT dealers here are Camping World franchises. Found several that I like, prices are ok but not great. I'm Leery of buying from them as I've heard only horror stories about their service. I'm of the opinion short of a major catastrophe the warranty is not going to be used. Most are only for a year anyway (except for Jayco). I'll just eat any repairs. But I can get it delivered out of my local Camping World. Not bad since I don't have my truck. So now a lot of thinking and talking with the wife tonight to see if I want to bring one home. I have beat the price on one model I was looking at last month, But only by 500 bucks. It'll cost 200 in gas to get it home as opposed to local dealer. The one I really liked is 1500 outside our budget and he won't budge, although he waived all the "extra" fees and it comes with about 2k worth of upgrades. If I bring one home it'll be that one. Too many decisions, to many toys.

tugboat95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 05:24 PM   #2

Get an eyeful for me while you're there. Wanted to go but just too much other stuff going on to make it happen this year. I've already told the missus where we'll be this time next year.

SparkDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 05:26 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tugboat95 View Post
Well if you can't find what you want at this show, they don't make it.....that being said Jayco didn't bring the whitehawk 25BHS. The one I really wanted to see.
Was the new DESIGNER FW there?
Old 09-16-2015, 06:28 PM   #4

Sorry I don't know. I wasn't looking for that. They had 2 Pinnacles which my Dad is looking for. But they priced about 10k higher than NC show last month.
Old 09-16-2015, 06:45 PM   #5
BJR

We were thinking about going this weekend. I'm not sure I can stomach paying $20 admission so they can market to us.

Would like to compare all of the 26' Bunkhouse campers and it seems like a good place to do it.
BJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 06:54 PM   #6

That's why I went. It's just me so it's only 10 bucks. But I compared the same two floor Plans I'm interested in about 4 or 5 manufacturers. Right now I'm leaning towards a Heartland Prowler Lynx 25lx but that pesky lack of money problem is raising it's ugly head. I love a Jayco and I think they are among the best built out there, but I just can't do a new one.
Old 09-16-2015, 07:57 PM   #7

Yea, I went last year looking to see my 29QBS before I bought it. None of the dealers brought one... We are leaving tomorrow afternoon for Gifford Pinchot State Park and 2 days at Hershey. My 2 year old daughter LOVES going to the shows and looking at all the campers, so away we go!
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 08:33 PM   #8

Check out Rhone's Travel Trailer they are a great family owned business and we had excellent buying experience when we bought our North Point 375 from them last month.

2017 Ford F-350 Lariat Ultimate 6.7 CCSB
2016 Jayco North Point 375BHFS
EricRom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 09:30 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tugboat95 View Post
But there's a ton of other stuff. One thing I noticed though, I think at least half of the TT dealers here are Camping World franchises. Found several that I like, prices are ok but not great. I'm Leery of buying from them as I've heard only horror stories about their service. I'm of the opinion short of a major catastrophe the warranty is not going to be used. Most are only for a year anyway (except for Jayco). I'll just eat any repairs. But I can get it delivered out of my local Camping World. Not bad since I don't have my truck. So now a lot of thinking and talking with the wife tonight to see if I want to bring one home. I have beat the price on one model I was looking at last month, But only by 500 bucks. It'll cost 200 in gas to get it home as opposed to local dealer. The one I really liked is 1500 outside our budget and he won't budge, although he waived all the "extra" fees and it comes with about 2k worth of upgrades. If I bring one home it'll be that one. Too many decisions, to many toys.
We just took delivery of the new 25BHS last week. Taking it out this weekend for the first voyage. If you have any questions about it I'd be happy to try to answer them.

We really liked the layout and the build quality vs other lightweights we shopped.
Zoony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 10:59 AM   #10

Send a message via AIM to alvinator Send a message via MSN to alvinator
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricRom View Post
Check out Rhone's Travel Trailer they are a great family owned business and we had excellent buying experience when we bought our North Point 375 from them last month.
I agree. I have bought many units from Rhone's through the years. They are a first class operation. My wife and I just ordered a 2016 Jayco 29 MV Class C with all the goodies including full body paint.

alvinator is offline   Reply With Quote