Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-14-2011, 04:20 AM   #1

Hershey rv show

With this being my rookie year of owning a TT, I was very excited to hear about the world largest RV show in Hershey PA. I guess they have been doing this for years, but I never paid any attention to it before. I am only about 20 minutes away from Hershey, so the wife and kids,and I will be heading over this Thursday to see whats out there and hopefully make a wish list. The wife doesn't seem too eager to go, but I feel like a kid on Christmas eve. I will let you know what I thought of the show when I get back.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:45 AM   #2

I will try to make it there as well. You really need a full day or two to spend any quality time there for sure.

Tow Vehicle. '10 Ram 3500 SRW Mega Cab Auto 6.7 Cummins Diesel 4X4 with 3.73 gears
MegaWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 03:51 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by familybonding View Post
With this being my rookie year of owning a TT, I was very excited to hear about the world largest RV show in Hershey PA. I guess they have been doing this for years, but I never paid any attention to it before. I am only about 20 minutes away from Hershey, so the wife and kids,and I will be heading over this Thursday to see whats out there and hopefully make a wish list. The wife doesn't seem too eager to go, but I feel like a kid on Christmas eve. I will let you know what I thought of the show when I get back.
Be careful, you just might buy something!
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 04:54 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
Be careful, you just might buy something!
You say that like it's a bad thing.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:46 AM   #5

Prior to buying our Jay Feather , my wife and I went to about 6 RV shows. It's interesting to see how the industry changes over the space of a few years. The shelving units now all come out further, outside kitchen, and several other upgrades the manufactures seem to adopt en mass. The amount of stair climbing at these events will surprise you.
Happily married and father of
two university students.
Cancer survivor
Murphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 04:42 AM   #6

Stupid Rain!!!!! I am so sick of it raining all the time! I was gonna go to the show yesterday, but the weather scared my wife off. Gonna try to go on Saturday, but I'm sure it is going to be packed since the weather is going to be sunny and mid 60's. I guess I shouldn't complain about that, I'm just mad that I didn't get to go on Thursday. I'll let you know if I make it on Saturday. Keeping my fingers crossed
Old 09-20-2011, 02:23 PM   #7

Well, I finally got to the RV show on Saturday afternoon. The wife and kids loved it. The kids were awe struck by all the different bunk beds, fireplaces, and big flat screen televisions in the Rv's. My wife loved all the room that slideouts add to a camper.(Guess our next TT will have a slideout, or two or three) I loved looking in all the Jayco's that we could possibly move up to, and I also liked looking in the Jayco's that I would never be able to afford, but it was nice to dream. I thought the show was well worth the $5 admission fee and will gladly go again next year to see all the beautiful RV's. If you ever get the chance to attend this show, DO IT!
Old 09-20-2011, 02:46 PM   #8
Site Team

Yeah, Ive been to boat shows before where I could look and admire but that`s about it. Now they are pricey animals.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote