Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-29-2020, 02:26 PM   #41

I have had trouble with the low oil sensor on honda engines before. The sensor grounds the magneto and kills the spark. You can disconnect it after you ensure that you have enough oil in the engine. I had a similar problem with a pressure washer engine. It ran for a few minutes and shut down. Honda should cover it under warranty. The engine has to be disassembled to replace the sensor, not the best design.
jghflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 07:42 PM   #42

I agree on the jetting, I have jets for 3 to 6 K and 6 to 10 K for my Etrailer inverter unit.
joe w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 08:30 PM   #43

Most generators are returnable Within the warranty Return period, however, once there’s oil and gas in it they will reduce the amount of refund you will receive. This is harbor freights policy.
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 08:19 AM   #44

You are not overloading your generator based on what you said you were using. There is nothing magical about ECO mode either. It’s just throttles back the idle speed when it’s not under a load. So this should power everything you’ve mentioned in both modes. Definitely reach out to Honda Customer Support. As someone else said previously, it’s covered under a factory warranty. I doubt Camping World is an authorized Honda repair facility. They are probably just an authorized sales outlet. If a repair center can’t identify the issue and get it back to operating normally, then Honda will authorize a full warranty replacement. I know it’s a hassle but don’t give up on Honda, it might be something simple.

K Holbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 01:29 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamyb01 View Post
Oil level is good. I changed it after a 10 hr run and again at 50.
Air filter is clean
Always run fresh non ethanol gas with stabil.
What has me puzzled is that it has run flawless for 3 weekends on eco with A/c fridge, lights and T.v but now it won't with only the A/c on. I've got a hard start capacitor ordered to see if that will help. I figure that would be a cheap way to see if the A/c by chance is starting harder than normal.
I doubt a hard stay capacitor will help. Only an electronic box like the Micro-air Easy Start work well with the Honda running ACs on rvs.

Also suggest Hutch Mountains propane adapter.
I bought both units and have no troubles.

Back to your original problem. Bad gas?
If CW is going to continue to give you fits, go to any Honda dealer. Even many Honda motorcycle dealers work on the generator. Worth a call.
BTW, My CW dealer did the original set up on my little Honda generator. The tech said 1 qt oil. I said NO... Read the manual. He said no. He put in 1 qt.
I got home and opened the oil fill to check, and got oil all over my garage floor. You don't want to know what I called the manager to his face after that. I was hot!

Grrr...
videoarizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 08:02 AM   #46

Too much oil will shut it down as well as too little.
redshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 07:53 AM   #47

Ok well the Honda is fixed!!! I guess I had trash in the carb.I ran some seafoam through it fixed it.It will now run everything in eco mode without any issues.
Jamyb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 08:00 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamyb01 View Post
Ok well the Honda is fixed!!! I guess I had trash in the carb.I ran some seafoam through it fixed it.It will now run everything in eco mode without any issues.
Nice! I just figure every experience like this just makes us smarter and next time if it happens you know where to begin
430 amp/hr 6v battery bank
1000w Renogy hard wired inverter
2011 F350 Lariat, DWR 4x4, 6.7 turbo diesel
2017 Open Range, Mesa Ridge 374BHS
Screwby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 08:16 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwby View Post
Nice! I just figure every experience like this just makes us smarter and next time if it happens you know where to begin
Yeah I guess I didn't think it was possible since I had brand new cans and fresh gas but I guess I was wrong. Guess I'll have to start straining the gas before it goes in with paint strainers lol
Old 08-24-2020, 08:25 AM   #50

Preventive maintenance may require that you put injector/carb cleaner every so often and perhaps stabilizer if you don’t run it enough.
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 08:31 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnynorthland View Post
Preventive maintenance may require that you put injector/carb cleaner every so often and perhaps stabilizer if you don’t run it enough.
Every tank has had stabile added but I think I'm gonna switch to sea foam instead.
Old 08-24-2020, 02:17 PM   #52

thanks for getting back to us
hummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 02:43 PM   #53

I only run ethenol-free fuel in ours, otherwise you're asking for a carburetor bowl half full of water in a small engine.....

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ome-41831.html
01tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 03:09 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01tundra View Post
I only run ethenol-free fuel in ours, otherwise you're asking for a carburetor bowl half full of water in a small engine.....
Yeah that is all I run
Old 08-24-2020, 04:35 PM   #55

Straining won't help.
The issue is the oxygenated fuel today. In order to keep the corn Farmers happy, Congress says we need ethanol in our fuels. Big mistake. Today's modern engines burn very clearly, thank you.
So we are stuck wity fuel that goes bad within 3 to 4 weeks. Clogging tiny carbs and making life miserable for most of us.

Seriously....use Sta-bil. No more issues.
Old 08-24-2020, 04:46 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoarizona View Post
Straining won't help.
The issue is the oxygenated fuel today. In order to keep the corn Farmers happy, Congress says we need ethanol in our fuels. Big mistake. Today's modern engines burn very clearly, thank you.
So we are stuck wity fuel that goes bad within 3 to 4 weeks. Clogging tiny carbs and making life miserable for most of us.

Seriously....use Sta-bil. No more issues.
Thats what I was using when I started having the problems.Had to give it a good cleaning with some sea foam to straighten it out..
Old 08-24-2020, 05:26 PM   #57

Then continue to use Seafoam. That is my"go-to" chemical for normal maintenance.
I use Sta-bil only for storage or non-use longer than a couple of weeks.

BTW, Techron is a better cleaner than Seafoam, but I use it sparingly.

If you pored the gas that clogged the Honda from a gas can, suggest you clean that can before using again. Cause now it does sound like a tiny particle did get into the carb and clogged the idle jet.
Anyway, glad you are up and running. Do like those Honda's!
Old 08-24-2020, 05:37 PM   #58

I use only non-ethanol fuel in my Etrailer 2000 start/1600 run unit. It starts and runs my 13.5 Dometic AC unit (soft start equipped) without a problem.
joe w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 05:41 PM   #59

Yep. I use the MicroAir unit so I can run my 13.5 AC with my Honda 2200i.