Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-03-2018, 02:09 PM   #1

Hot Water Tank Problem

Hi,

I am having a problem with the water heater in my 2018 Jayco 264BHW. Heater has worked fine until last night...

The tank is an Atwood 6 gallon - propane only DSI.

Woke up and the red light on the control panel was on - thought I was out of propane - verified propane supply is good.

Things I have tried:

1. Unhooked all connectors on circuit board and cleaned - all were good as far as I could tell.

2. Checked 2amp fuse on circuit board. Looks good.

3. When I use the switch to turn the unit on, it cycles three times and then locks out.

4. I do have gas when unit cycles - you can hear it open and smell the propane - I do not have spark.

5. Also, on the control board there appears to be two small lights - I don't think either light was on.

Part number on the circuit is 91349. Manual says part is 93865.

I am at a seasonal site so hauling trailer to dealer is not an option. I did remove the circuit board. Camping World has a replacement for $275. I'll call Atwood in the morning but the dealer is closed through Wednesday for the holiday.

My thoughts are the circuit board or spark probe. Spark probe is a lot cheaper but I'm concerned that since neither of the lights on the circuit board lit up it might be that...

Suggestions?
shawnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 03:00 PM   #2

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f7/hot-water-heater-help-60233.html

Here’s a chat about it. The lights should be blinking when it is trying to fire.
damammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 04:18 PM   #3

There have been several similar posts lately and the circuit board has been the cause. Many have used the board from Amazon with great success. Not sure if yours is a board issue or not but if it is this may get you going again...

https://www.amazon.com/Dinosaur-Elec...pop_d_pd_title
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote