Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-08-2015, 08:30 AM   #1

Houston RV show

The Bride and I visited the RV show yesterday to check out the shiny toys. I'm happy to say that I didn't see anything that I like better than what I have now. The new TT's are showing some interesting trends. Most notable is the use of residential fridge's (mostly the French door models) that most units had that were in excess of 30'. A Jayco factory guy who was there told me that they have an inverter to power them and with 2 deep-cycle batt's you will get about 18hr of use. I'm not sure I buy into that. Stainless is the order of the day for appliances. Wood plank vinyl flooring seems to be the standard now.
On several of the 5th's (non-Jayco) I saw LED night lights that illuminate the stairway to the nose. I've surfed the inter-web for something similar and am coming up empty. I'm gonna find something similar for our 5th but nothing yet. I saw a couple of styles but neglected to take a pic of the one I like best but did get one of another type.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2756.JPG
Views:	13
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	16664
Turn your head 90 deg to the left. ???
If you see something like this of know of a source let me know.

Show was great and was well attended. The dealers looked to be making quite a few sales and it seemed that the toy-haulers may be the most popular style.
When's spring again?

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 08:40 AM   #2

My DW and I went to the show also. We were not looking for a new rig, we were looking for new accessories. I'm sad to say, that the show was VERY disappointing in that respect - very few accessory vendors were there. Oh well, back to Amazon!

2014 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew cab with 6.2L and max tow package
2015 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 329BHU
2020 Starcraft Autumn Ridge Outfitter 182RB
Cypress, TX
pawpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 09:02 AM   #3

That's right, Paw. Very few vendors.
Another new trend is roller shades instead of the pleated pull-downs that have been a standard for who knows how many years. Red likes! But it will be $$$ to convert. Maybe I'll buy my first lottery ticket and it will be a winner.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 11:12 AM   #4

Well the one we bought last year was the one I liked best at the show even over the higher dollar ones. I am very satisfied after camping for a season in it.. Main things I want to add are a 2nd ac unit which is already prewired for, the ottoman we already have, 2 small side storage and cup holders for bed that are already made and waiting for me to get the unit back from warranty work to install, and a small table that folds down for storage to put between the recliners for drinks and snacks and maybe a book. The one thing I have noticed about a lot of the travel trailers is lack of side tables for anything, guessing because of space premium when slides are in, so I am taking care of that myself.
Paintinfool3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 10:44 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawpaw View Post
My DW and I went to the show also. We were not looking for a new rig, we were looking for new accessories. I'm sad to say, that the show was VERY disappointing in that respect - very few accessory vendors were there. Oh well, back to Amazon!
The show in San Antonio was disappointing on the accessory vendor side as well. Camping World wasn't even there this year, they decided to have their own separate "event".

As far as the night light, take a look at these or something like them:

http://www.amazon.com/TH-Marine-LED-...ourtesy+lights

Edit: I have something like this installed in my control center that comes on when the little door opens. It provides the perfect amount of light for small areas like that.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 05:51 PM   #6

Vegas was the same... 1 vendor selling CW products only.

Any man can treat a lady right for one night, but it takes a great man to treat her right for the rest of her life.
GrayHawk51 is offline   Reply With Quote