Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-11-2020, 11:22 AM   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to Iamdrdream
How are you all handling water.....

We are full timers. Usual schedule is new city every 3-7 days ( we do sound healing events)...Got our 2020 HT 334 RLOK at the end of March and have been in lockdown, living in it, at a hot springs in Truth or Consequences,NM, since then. Great break-in period! Water purity is a big deal for us. Prior to COVID-19, we would find water stores wherever we traveled and fill our 16 gallons of containers. With the lockdown, it would be challenging to also find water. We got a 3-stage water filter for outside and a water ionizer for inside. We fill the 5 gallon jug for the under the sink pump, Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5679.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	465.4 KB
ID:	58668
with high ph alkaline water for the ice maker and fridge spigot. Works great. No more hassle stocking water. What do you all do?Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5678.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	310.8 KB
ID:	58669
Iamdrdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 12:40 PM   #2

Open tap, fill tanks and drink period. I grew up drinking out of a hose, house and barn both had lead paint, we drank milk right from the bulk tank, ate right from the fields and slaughtered our own meat…not about to change now for no one. Don’t get me started on this organic fad either!

Glad y’all found something that works for you.
Old 05-11-2020, 12:41 PM   #3

Hook a hose to the spigot and let'er rip. Pressure regulator inline with the hose and hook directly to the connection on the camper. Or fill the tanks when I get to the campground.

Ron
Wyldink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 01:17 PM   #4

I have a two stage sediment/carbon filter. Other than that, I hookup to whatever water is available at home or the CG and go with it.
morleyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 02:18 PM   #5

We are full time and do have a portable water softener with a filter before and after it. We have stayed at CG's that had water so hard that it would coat your plumbing and clog aerators in a heartbeat. It would even leave hard water spots on your skin!! It's more of a preventive maintenance move rather than wanting purified water.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 03:00 PM   #6

Your setup makes a definite improvement for summer time drinks, pasta (as in making it and dry cooking it), soups, rice, dried beans, lentils and I could go on but you get the idea of it’s importance in cooking & drinks. Blanching of vegetables & boiling shrimp in seasoned water, even smoothies all taste better with a good quality water.
I think your setup is worth the $$$ and effort for what comes out of it.
Old 05-12-2020, 05:58 AM   #7

When full timers we used a water softener and three stage cleaner like yours. Works great. Never bought water in plastic bottles from stores. Now part time with two stAge water filter no water softener. Also works very good. Filters are way cheaper than buying bottled water. Also for safety I carry a water bottle with bleach mix to sanitize hose ends prior to hooking up. Never a problem and drink tanked water for years. Take care.

Enjoy the journey
Trapper2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 06:38 AM   #8

Like Colorado said, I also grew up drinking water from a hose. When we go to my nieces campground (WELL WATER) we do use the Clear Source 3 stage water filtration, (Sediment / Rust, followed by a .5 micron Carbon filter followed by a .2 micron Bacteria filter. WE also use it in Ohio as we have seen some really rusty water out there. Never carried bottled water nor do we use it!

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 08:49 AM   #9
RPR

Campground with well water is 100 times better than the “city” water with all the crap they put in it because government regulations. When daughter sold her place with three acres with well water North of Atlanta well inspector said her water was ten times better than the water people in Atlanta were drinking.
RPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 09:55 AM   #10
Lost in the Woods

When getting ready to leave on a trip, hook up the exterior garden hose to the rig, and fill the tank.

When hooking up at the campground, give a the hose bib a quick flushing, slap on a blue Camco external filter, and hookup the water line to the rig... and away we go....
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 10:08 AM   #11

Remember that before you hook up your hose to sanitize the water spigot because the last person who used it just rinsed off his hands from handling the sewer hose. As you know many people never wear gloves so always use that spray bottle 1st. ( bleach & water mix).