Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-22-2021, 04:52 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad View Post
Having a similar problem because of length.
Site length is "usually" measured from the tire bumper to the street, you back your tires into tje tire bumper when backing up, if your unit sits higher than the tire bumper you can hang about 4 to 6 feet over the tire bumper allowing for a bit longer unit. If your unit is 37 feet - 6 feet then really your unit could slide into a 31 or 32 foot site by hanging 4 feet over bumper...😎
22.5 tire may have more chance for that. How about 19.5 tire?
brightsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 11:41 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightsky View Post
How difficult to book a camp site for 37 feet RV? For RV this long, I think it is difficult to get into parks (national or state).

How about thousand Trail membership? only a few sites in a campground are reserved for thousand trail members?
We have a 37' 5th wheel. Never had a problem finding sites in state parks as long as you book early. We really wanted to stay around 32' but could not find a floor plan we liked as well as our 37'. Also wife noticed a big difference in quality of a 32' verse 37'.
camjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 02:29 PM   #23

We have a 42' Pinnacle. We don't have an issue with most state parks so far in IN, KY, VA, and TN. I say most because there are a few in IN that don't have sites to accommodate the length. I also recommend if you are not familiar with the park, you should find google earth views and check out the parks road system and you site orientation especially if it wooded. We used to have a 35' TT and even though site length was fine, the width of the road and how close trees and underbrush is along the side of the road can be challenging. There are places were I wouldn't be able to back my Pinnacle because the lack of wiggle room on the road. I do not have issues at private and commercial campgrounds where they tend to be more big rig friendly.

RVing all my life......1st Jayco
ETCrockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 03:44 PM   #24

Out here in California, it seems to be more difficult finding available sites no matter the type and length of your rig. There are so many more people here on the west coast in RV's, that decently priced campground sites are a premium.

However if I want to camp at an RV resort and pay $130 per night (which I don't!), I can find just about any site I want
Old 01-30-2021, 06:34 PM   #25

In Florida it is Dam near impossible to get a site in a State Park if you are over the length of 32 ft.
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote