Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-03-2021, 04:52 PM   #1

How do I mount curtains for front-cab bunk

I’m making a set of curtains to be installed in the over-cab bunk area to separate this sleeping space from the living area. Per hubby, a rod situation that requires installing screws in the wall or ceiling is not an option as it can cause issues. What other options do I have? I’d like to be able to pull them open or closed, so was not really interested in sticky velcro. Ideas please?

2019 Jayco Redhawk 29XK
+ camping crew: hubby, 1 anxious dog, 1 sneezy cat & 3 spoiled rats
Rozensky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 05:33 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozensky View Post
I’m making a set of curtains to be installed in the over-cab bunk area to separate this sleeping space from the living area. Per hubby, a rod situation that requires installing screws in the wall or ceiling is not an option as it can cause issues. What other options do I have? I’d like to be able to pull them open or closed, so was not really interested in sticky velcro. Ideas please?
JAYCO would do it the way Hubby doesn't want you to. They would install a curtain track screwed to the ceiling. Had that in our 08 SENECA and I think they still do that in the GREYHAWK and SENECA. I don't know of any other way to do it.
Old 02-04-2021, 05:18 AM   #3

Is there a trim piece that spans the width of your motor home covering the seam from the transition between the ceiling and the bunk ceiling? If so, do what I did and remove that trim piece, install this track directly to trim piece, and then re-install. You will need the companion curtain tab strip as well.

Had some custom blackout curtains made that go from floor to ceiling to block off cab and bunk.
JaytheDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 02:54 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaytheDJ View Post
Is there a trim piece that spans the width of your motor home covering the seam from the transition between the ceiling and the bunk ceiling? If so, do what I did and remove that trim piece, install this track directly to trim piece, and then re-install. You will need the companion curtain tab strip as well.

Had some custom blackout curtains made that go from floor to ceiling to block off cab and bunk.
That’s a good idea. Hadn’t thought about using the removable trim piece as an anchor. Definitely do-able. Thanks!

2019 Jayco Redhawk 29XK
+ camping crew: hubby, 1 anxious dog, 1 sneezy cat & 3 spoiled rats
Rozensky is offline   Reply With Quote