Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-15-2017, 06:24 PM   #41

After working for the WV Div, of Highways for 35 and a half years, I have developed in intense dislike of any cold snowy weather. Having to repair or refurbish snow equipment for 8 to 9 months a year makes one not very fond of any kind of winter weather.
Mitch S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 06:57 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by toklas View Post
although i do enjoy a good 4 seasons, I do appreciate being able to head outside all year long. kind of nice being able to head out into joshua tree in november and it be 78 degrees outside. just sayin.
We are outdoor people as well. Nothing nicer than going cross-country skiing on a sunny crisp Winter day. If there were no snow to shovel I'd get fat.....LOL.
If its cloudy, plenty of inside projects that need to be completed before Spring. If its REALLY bad, reserve a half price cabin on a cruise and fly to Ft. Lauderdale.
gypsmjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 07:03 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsmjim View Post
We are outdoor people as well. Nothing nicer than going cross-country skiing on a sunny crisp Winter day. If there were no snow to shovel I'd get fat.....LOL.
If its cloudy, plenty of inside projects that need to be completed before Spring. If its REALLY bad, reserve a half price cabin on a cruise and fly to Ft. Lauderdale.
hehe, don't get me wrong i love the snow just not when it's at my doorstep. I head up into the mountains (big bear, wrightwood) frequently and up to mammoth when I can.
Old 11-15-2017, 07:13 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by toklas View Post
hehe, don't get me wrong i love the snow just not when it's at my doorstep. I head up into the mountains (big bear, wrightwood) frequently and up to mammoth when I can.
Funny story about doorstep....

We lived in Buffalo, NY during their infamous 1977 blizzard. It was very windy and the way my driveway was situated the wind blew it 100% clean throughout the storm. Now my street was inundated and my next door neighbor had snow up to the second floor window, but we were fine. I had virtually no shoveling to do.

My only problem was a small drift at my back doorstep. I had to merely go out and open the door every few hours and the snow blew away.

We were stuck in the house for 3 days. We had a stocked freezer and I had 4 cases of Budweiser on hand for a planned upcoming party.

My son was born 9 months later.

I just love Winter...
gypsmjim is offline   Reply With Quote