Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-20-2022, 07:32 PM   #21

We purchased the extended warranty for our trailer. Saved us several hundred dollars when our refrigerator stopped working right after the factory 2-year warranty was up. For me, it's cheap insurance for other possible major trailer repairs.
Old 07-20-2022, 08:08 PM   #22

Had one for each RV we have owned. Just renewed with EasyCare of another 4 years. Found them great to deal with but a lot has to do with the Service Center you use and how they word the repair issues. We currently have a jack issue and two awning arms that were damaged and EasyCare is covering both. Before we had seal issue on the axel which cause brake issue. Both covered. Just remember an RV is a house on wheels, each time you transport its subjected to Hearicane winds an a Earth quake!!!!
NorthpointWhitelighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 08:18 AM   #23

I will start out with this is from a trailer perspective not a motorhome (which could be somewhat different).

Unfortunately RV warranties are not like cars where the car MFG has “extended” warranties offered. They are all either bartered through the dealer or independent warranty companies. From my exp even the MFG warranty can be questionable if the dealer is unwilling to submit a claim. I recently had to deal with that and thankfully came out ok as Jayco was awesome and tried to contact the dealer for me but even their hands were tied as the dealer wouldn’t submit it. So Jayco offered to contact Lippert for me and after a few emails and pictures we has an approved warranty claim. That I took back to the dealer. So this time the standard warranty worked out. But it showed to me that the extended warranty I purchased through the dealer was worthless! I canceled it the day I brought it back in for the claim I had approved. Got $1800 of $2000 back.

Now unfortunately they also cancelled my gap ins so not sure where I stand on that of the trailer is totaled. So trying to work that out any suggestions would be helpful?

As for nondealer extended warranties I got a couple quotes but they were twice the money that the dealer had charged. Unfortunately at twice the money it does. It mean they will work or help when/if needed. So I took our refund and ran! At this point unless a wall falls off I’m the warranty and repair person. YouTube is a great teacher and the systems in theses things are similar to homes but less complicated just tighter spaces.

We’ve put over 10,000 mile on our trailer in under a year now and had a couple things go wrong but over all not horrible to fix or correct.

On a motorhome I would suspect that there is some warranties there that might be through the chassis MFG but not sure.
Old 07-21-2022, 08:26 AM   #24

RV Air Conditioning Repair Cost: $ 7,337.00

Cleaning out my email and found an ad this morning for Good Sam's Extended Service Plan and they claim that an RV AC repair costs this amount, with an asterisk...
"* Illustrated repair costs come from claims filed with the Good Sam Extended Service Plan Claims Department"

In any case, I don't get a good feeling that what they are claiming is accurate, and with that I have a hard time trusting anything else they say. Has anyone here paid that amount for a new A/C, maybe I am just behind the times with repair costs? ~CA
Old 07-21-2022, 07:41 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigav View Post
Cleaning out my email and found an ad this morning for Good Sam's Extended Service Plan and they claim that an RV AC repair costs this amount, with an asterisk...
"* Illustrated repair costs come from claims filed with the Good Sam Extended Service Plan Claims Department"

In any case, I don't get a good feeling that what they are claiming is accurate, and with that I have a hard time trusting anything else they say. Has anyone here paid that amount for a new A/C, maybe I am just behind the times with repair costs? ~CA
most of those warranty's stipulate that repairs will be attempted and if not possible replacement will be made.. Things like microwaves and built in appliances most likely would be replaced with the same 'junk' they installed in the first place.. i've already replaced my Furion factory microwave with a Whirlpool myself, because the junk they put in did not heat very well. Also replaced the junk Furion TV with a Samsung smart TV. The only things i worry about that the extended warranty would cover is the AC units and the Hot Water tank. Both of which i can replace myself for a lot less then what they sell their money making warranties for... Also,, i believe i've read on this forum that Camping World owns Good Sam... And i wouldn't trust CW as far as i can throw 'Nancy' a bone.
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote