Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-30-2024, 08:29 PM   #1

How much is too much to pay for a RV site

Fellow forum members, Iím considering building a RV park with a fee fishing lake stocked with 1-2 pound catfish. Need some input from you all, on what is considered a decent fee for a pad with full service. How much is too much? Goal is no shortage of repeat customers and a great experience catching fish.
Gregory N Whitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 08:38 PM   #2
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregory N Whitis View Post
Fellow forum members, Iím considering building a RV park with a fee fishing lake stocked with 1-2 pound catfish. Need some input from you all, on what is considered a decent fee for a pad with full service. How much is too much? Goal is no shortage of repeat customers and a great experience catching fish.

Your feedback is going to be all over the place.

Do some research on other fishing for fee lakes and locations, look for organizations that have done the research. Putting a question like this on a site like this is going to get you nothing that will help you begin a business such as this. Sorry but your are not asking experts with this one.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 08:51 PM   #3

Thanks for the advice. I’ve actually managed fee fishing lakes but have never tied one to a RV park. I realize camp fees are all over the spectrum given what they charge in south Florida vs rural Alabama. My lender might ask the same question so I was just trying to anticipate that one. You may be spot on. Could be an absurd ask.
Old 04-30-2024, 09:29 PM   #4

We are in Ontario Canada and pay $1,000/month for our seasonal site. No fishing but we have a large lot with all new top notch infrastructure and great neighbours.
tnka trk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 06:06 AM   #5

Thanks for reply. Can you provide an address for the park so I could Goggle Earth it?
Old 05-01-2024, 06:46 AM   #6

I agree in prices will be all over.
A couple questions to ask yourself as you pursue this.
Are you primarily looking for seasonal or 1-2 nighters? How far off a major highway will you be?
For seasonal do you plan to put metered electric at the sites?
Are you going to have a small store? Ice and beer?

All the above in my opinion will affect your pricing.

2021 GMC half ton T/V
2022 Jayfeather 25RB
Anderson WDH
Markb5900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 06:58 AM   #7

First off, location, location, location is the rule of thumb when considering rates. Of course your return on investment normally creates site fees and stretches what you might end up charging when looking at any business plans for financing.. But when you have an open pond on the property, its quite possible that your insurance rates will add an invisible surcharge to your price that you need to end up charging for a renter.

Of course there are rv resorts and rv campgrounds. So related amenities that you wish to start out with will play a part into your rates.
Old 05-01-2024, 09:41 AM   #8

When it costs as much as a hotel.
Old and soft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 11:20 AM   #9

Not everyone will want to fish. Alot depends. Is this a parking lot with a picnic table and a small pond or is it in Trees, FHU, level slab, play ground, pickel ball, store, maybe a pool other nice amenities
Old 05-17-2024, 11:17 PM   #10

Plain full hook up, pull thru site in a park with no amenities except fee fishing my top would be $60/ night. Add amenities like playground, pool, splash pad, swimming area with beach and the price I'm willing to pay goes up. I would advise connecting with an online reservation system as well. Personally I will skip a park that I have to call or email for reservations if there is one nearby that offers online booking, just an issue of convenience for me.
johnsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2024, 07:27 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregory N Whitis View Post
Fellow forum members, I’m considering building a RV park with a fee fishing lake stocked with 1-2 pound catfish. Need some input from you all, on what is considered a decent fee for a pad with full service. How much is too much? Goal is no shortage of repeat customers and a great experience catching fish.
I'd stay at a place with a simple pond etc. I'm not interested in campgrounds with lots of amenities for kids, since I do not have grandkids or little ones. I'm not a hiker. I like to hang for short periods at the beach or just sit outside and enjoy the day. Of course, puttering and doing tasks is my favorite relaxation. BUT, if I could camp at a place with hookups and has catfish nearby, that I could catch and eat? Yeah...I'd do that. I'd pay max $80/night? But I'd hope for more than a simple parking space without any type of pleasant view. I don't have a lot of experience yet with fees...so if that's too much, you'd be able to reel me in, anyway.

Mmmmm..I love catfish. I've never fished for them, though. I live in CT and never really thought about them being here. I just googled and it looks like they started stocking several CT rivers in 2007.

Whoah. https://youtu.be/M8FH7KJw-1Y?si=2TJKsV2q7cJX7YMU
2023 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 2.7L EcoBoost, 4x4, 3.73 axle, #1900 payload #10,100 tow capacity.
JKyle is offline   Reply With Quote