Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-26-2022, 07:13 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Casselberry
Posts: 284
How to set heat warning in a tire monitor.

I will have a 23í Jayco Micro 199 mbs.
This is a trailer with only one axle.
So I really only have two tires and the spare to monitor. This is my first time doing this so I ordered a tire monitor kit.
I will have to set it to highs and low thresholds in pressure as well as temperature. Iím in Florida and like the rest of the country we have had 4-5 days pushing 100 degrees( feels like to 112).
What should I set the high temp threshold?
In other words even in the Florida heat at what temperature on my tire monitor should I set the alarm to come on where itís becoming unsafe and I should pull off the road?
Larry Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 08:34 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
AKRUEBBE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Natalbany Creek Campground, Amite City, LA
Posts: 3,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Mac View Post
I will have a 23í Jayco Micro 199 mbs.
This is a trailer with only one axle.
So I really only have two tires and the spare to monitor. This is my first time doing this so I ordered a tire monitor kit.
I will have to set it to highs and low thresholds in pressure as well as temperature. Iím in Florida and like the rest of the country we have had 4-5 days pushing 100 degrees( feels like to 112).
What should I set the high temp threshold?
In other words even in the Florida heat at what temperature on my tire monitor should I set the alarm to come on where itís becoming unsafe and I should pull off the road?
I have mine set for 120. I think the highest I've seen my tires go was 110.
__________________
AL & JANET KRUEBBE
2019 PINNACLE 37RLWS
2018 NORTH POINT 315RLTS (TRADED)
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 02:41 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Casselberry
Posts: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
I have mine set for 120. I think the highest I've seen my tires go was 110.
It would seem if the asphalt is 130-140 and you are on the road for over an hour, the temps would be much higher than 120.
Again Iím speaking as someone that lives in Florida.

On a side note, I wonder if nitrogen inflated tires are affected less by temperature than standard air?
Larry Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 03:03 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
ttavasc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 1,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Mac View Post
It would seem if the asphalt is 130-140 and you are on the road for over an hour, the temps would be much higher than 120.
Again Iím speaking as someone that lives in Florida.

On a side note, I wonder if nitrogen inflated tires are affected less by temperature than standard air?
The manual for my EEZRV TPMS system shows that it comes from the factory with high temperature alert set to 158F. They state that should be fine for all tires so I've left that one alone.
__________________
TT: 2019 ORV Timber Ridge 23DBS, Blue Ox SwayPro 15K/1500
TV: 2019 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab LB, 6.2L, 4.30/e-locker, 4x4, 164" WB, 3216 payload
TV: 2014 RAM 1500 Big Horn CC (Traded in)
TT: 2015 Jay Flight SLX 195RB Baja Edition, Andersen No-Sway (Traded in)
ttavasc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Jayco, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.