Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-29-2022, 08:35 PM   #1

I need a Recommendations for a new Jackknife

I’ve had it with my jackknife sofa in my 2019 Redhawk 25R. I have a bad back and can’t sit directly on the sofa without having the support braces killing my but and back! I have to sit on my gel seat cushion that I use for hard surfaces.

I wanted to change out the foam but it’s hog ringed to the frame. So I’m thinking of replacing it with another jackknife because my wife sometimes sleeps on it. Does anyone have a recommendation for one that is both comfortable for sitting and sleeping? Would like to match the taupe color of the dinette, (which I’m re-foaming), and would like to utilize the full 72” width with an armless design.

Or has anyone been able to successfully their jackknife with new foam, successfully?
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 08:54 PM   #2

If you’re replacing the sofa why not get a pull out sleeper sofa? I’ve got one in my trailer and it’s comfortable to sit and sleep on.
Weimaraner Duke
MichaelO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 09:49 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelO View Post
If you’re replacing the sofa why not get a pull out sleeper sofa? I’ve got one in my trailer and it’s comfortable to sit and sleep on.
I don’t have the room for a pull out.
Old 04-30-2022, 10:39 AM   #4

Have you completely ruled out replacing it with a dual recliner? I have found that I can sleep quite well on my dual recliner and it is very helpful for my back issues (especially when compared to what I got rid of). ~CA
Old 04-30-2022, 10:50 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigav View Post
Have you completely ruled out replacing it with a dual recliner? I have found that I can sleep quite well on my dual recliner and it is very helpful for my back issues (especially when compared to what I got rid of). ~CA

Still considering recliners, but under my jackknife is also a little bit of storage that we use. We would loose that with recliners.

I might just try and re-stuff ours, if I fail, I’ll just buy a new one with no arms, so I can take advantage of the full 72” space I have for the length. I just need a comfortable one if I replace it.
Old 04-30-2022, 12:21 PM   #6

When Jayco builds a camper, they often pick furniture available from RecPro. RecPro makes several models and the one in your camper was likely picked based upon availability, weight and cost.
Check out RecPro's website and you might find one you like better.
PullRite #4452 OE Adapter & #2700 SuperGlide Hitch
Stan&Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 01:06 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan&Sharon View Post
When Jayco builds a camper, they often pick furniture available from RecPro. RecPro makes several models and the one in your camper was likely picked based upon availability, weight and cost.
Check out RecPro's website and you might find one you like better.
Thank you. Unless I get a rave review from someone, I don’t want to order it online without trying it first.
Old 04-30-2022, 01:28 PM   #8

Just replaced my trifold sofa with 58" loveseat dual power recliners from Recpro. Previously I had ordered their swatch sample. Both items came in a timely manner. Love the dual electric recliner. This was actually my third attempt for something that worked in that space. My original sofa was a jackknife sofa. Hated that, so went with the trifold. It wasn't much better so replaced it with recliners. They are the absolute best. Recliners work very well and only require a 4" clearance from the wall. They first slide forward while the footrest comes up and then they lean back as far as you want them which is almost flat.
Old 04-30-2022, 02:49 PM   #9

Thanks Don. Much to consider. I’m going to tackle changing out the dinette foam cushions first, this summer, then I’ll make a decision on the sofa. This is our 3rd RV. And after full timing for a year in this one, I realize how bad the furniture really is! Funny how It’s always so comfortable on the showroom floor!