Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-01-2011, 07:23 PM   #1
Site Team

I need some help with my water system

I'm in a campground without full hookups. Every time I try and out water in the gravity fill water hole it just leaks out the overflow hose. What am I doing wrong?

If it matters I'm in a 19h hybrid and this is my first trip I this camper. I had a dealer dewinterize....

2007 Jayco Feather 19H
2008 Ford Explorer SportTrac
Snake Plissken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:51 PM   #2

It would do that if your tank was full. What does your tank sensor say?

2019 Airstream Flying Cloud 27FB
2012 321RLTS Eagle (sold)
2011 F350 CC SB
dzwiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:03 AM   #3
Site Team

If you have full hookups you should be using the city water fill connection, not the gravity fill which goes to your fresh water tank. As said when the tank is full it will overflow. With the city water connection you do not need your fresh tank or the water pump. The pressure from the campground water supply will act as your pump.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 12:06 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzwiss View Post
It would do that if your tank was full. What does your tank sensor say?
It reads empty and is empty

2007 Jayco Feather 19H
Old 07-02-2011, 12:31 PM   #5

Snake,

Are you sure it's leaking from the overflow hose? Perhaps it's leaking from the water tank drains? Perhaps the drain valves (usually under the sink) are open.
Ray364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 01:02 PM   #6

If your able to get access to the fresh tank where the hose attaches, you may be able to move the hose a little. I wonder if there is a kink in your hose? See if you can snake a smaller flexible hose back up to the fill spout.
Hope this helps. I don't know why Jayco chose not to put the fill spout behind a lockable access door?

Richard
Murphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 01:58 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray364 View Post
Snake,

Are you sure it's leaking from the overflow hose? Perhaps it's leaking from the water tank drains? Perhaps the drain valves (usually under the sink) are open.
Let me look at that when I get back to the site.

2007 Jayco Feather 19H
Old 07-02-2011, 05:02 PM   #8

My drain valve is right on the water tank under the camper, sure it's not draining there.

2007 1500 Silverado
2010 28bhs Jayflight
joefresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 02:05 AM   #9

When I read your post , I was under the impression that the water was coming out the the small whole next to your fill spout. If that is not the case , chances are (as mentioned above) after having the unit dewinterized, the drain valve for the fresh water tank was not closed, ergo empty tank with water coming out. Your manual should help you locate the valve.

Richard
Old 07-03-2011, 04:53 AM   #10
Site Team

Sorry, I read your post wrong. I thought it said WITH full hookups but now see it says without full hookups meaning my reply was no help at all! Once again, apologies, I will blame it on fatigue.......
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:22 PM   #11
Site Team

Oddly enough the tank WAS full of water....the company that de-winterized it left it full but they forgot to turn the valve on so no water was pumped to the faucets. The meter also doesn't read correctly.

I understand the meter isn't completely accurate but should it read empty when the tank is full? Can I replace the meter myself?

2007 Jayco Feather 19H
Old 07-05-2011, 11:14 PM   #12

Snake,

You need to turn the pump on at the control panel in order to pressurize your water lines. This will solve the water part of the problem. While your at the control panel, if your not familiar with how to energize the circuit to check your tank levels, you been to put pressure with your finger on the elongated oval to find out what your tank levels are. The LEDs will light up showing your levels.

I'm sorry if i'm telling you something you may already know, but I am trying to be helpful. From what I have read so far it seems you may not be familiar with how some of these systems work. We all started at some point in time.
Let us know how you are doing.

Richard
Old 07-05-2011, 11:36 PM   #13

I just noticed that your trailer is not new. Sorry for jumping to conclusions. It just seemed to me that most people here have new RVs. I thought you may have not been shown the ins and outs of how these systems word.

If your tank is not reading right you have several options. I would try and fix the existing one before spending money on it. When you get home flush your tank out a few times. Put a bucket of ice into the tank through the outside inlet and take your trailer for a drive. The ice may clean off the sensors and if that doesn't work post again because there are several other remedies. Your trailer is not that old and your fresh water sensor should be good for a lot longer.

Richard
Old 07-06-2011, 07:16 PM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphie View Post
I just noticed that your trailer is not new. Sorry for jumping to conclusions. It just seemed to me that most people here have new RVs. I thought you may have not been shown the ins and outs of how these systems word.

If your tank is not reading right you have several options. I would try and fix the existing one before spending money on it. When you get home flush your tank out a few times. Put a bucket of ice into the tank through the outside inlet and take your trailer for a drive. The ice may clean off the sensors and if that doesn't work post again because there are several other remedies. Your trailer is not that old and your fresh water sensor should be good for a lot longer.

Richard
I'll give this a try.

Thanks!

Tom

2007 Jayco Feather 19H