Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-29-2012, 07:34 PM   #1

If You're Shopping For Bunk Beds & Outdoor Kitchen....

We currently have the x17z hybrid but are seriously considering upgrading to a larger unit. We'd rather not have a hybrid anymore because we do a lot of camping on campgrounds at the beach and the wind could be a problem, especially when sleeping. We don't have a vehicle that can tow more then 5,000 but are looking into used trucks or SUV's.

I spent a lot of time today going through the Jayco site to select trailers we like. I only selected trailers that have the master bedroom up front, kitchen/living room in the middle and bunk beds in the back. I also wanted to have at the very least a fridge you can access from outside. An outdoor sink is just a bonus.

The attachement to this thread has every trailer that fits this criteria. It has 8 TT's and only one fiver. If anyone is looking for the same things then the attachment is a great chart for comparison. The x17z in the chart doesn't have the criteria, that's our current trailer and I just put it in the chart for comparison to the larger trailers.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Trailer Price List1.zip (9.5 KB, 108 views)

2012 Jayco X17Z SOLD!:Beerchug:
LongIslandCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:44 AM   #2

We have a Starcraft (owned by Jayco) Autumn Ridge 309BHL. Here is a link to some pics of one http://www.scenicviewrv.net/inventor...ge-309BHL.aspx (this is just a random RV dealer with some pics of one). This is an awesome unit and we love it. The weight on ours is 7323 lbs so you will need an different TV but the quality on this unit is top notch. If you have any other questions let me know.
2004 Ford F150 Supercrew 4x4 5.4 Triton
10000lb Equal-i-zer WDH with 4pt sway control
lunatech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:15 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunatech View Post
We have a Starcraft (owned by Jayco) Autumn Ridge 309BHL. .
That is a very nice TT. It seems some models/makes are regional. I don't remember seeing this brand while looking for ours.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:33 AM   #4

29l

Quote:
Originally Posted by cm11599ps View Post
I spent a lot of time today going through the Jayco site to select trailers we like. I only selected trailers that have the master bedroom up front, kitchen/living room in the middle and bunk beds in the back. I also wanted to have at the very least a fridge you can access from outside. An outdoor sink is just a bonus.
We just purchased a 2011 29L (w/outside kitchen) in February and have camped 4 times already with 3 more trips already scheduled. We really love the layout of our 29L. After blogging and receiving tons of feedback, we put the outside kitchen on our 'must have' list. Having used it now, we don't regret spending the extra money for this option as it frees up the inside to 'live' in (we have 3 children) and allows me to take the 'mess' of cooking outside...I'd highly recommend an outside kitchen. It's also very nice to have the extra refrigerator. This TT is long but with a little patience and perseverance, I'm getting the hang of parking it, etc.

We pull out TT with a Ford F150 5.4L and have no problems maintaining 60-65mph on the flats, but if you live in a mountainous area (or plan to camp allot in the mountains), you might want to consider a TV larger than an F150.
Honda EU2000i Generator
5arnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:36 AM   #5

We have a 29l as well with outdoor kitchen. It tows great and the outdoor kitchen is great. We have never cooked inside in ovea year. It tows very well and is a solid lightweight trailer. I do pull with a 3/4 ton now but pulled with my f150 until it gave its last breath. I do recommend a good sway setup since it is a long trailer.
ebis63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:51 AM   #6
Lost in the Woods

i think the brand is very regional, though i am not much interested in it. but still its good and reliable. the looks and the equipments in the kitchen are good enough to attract but the models and design still needs an modern touch.
drakelouis29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:50 PM   #7

Those with the 29L, it seems to be shorter overall than other rigs and I found myself "stooping" under the kitchen cover. Does it seem to be at a useable height? Any thing else you like/dislike about the 29L?

I have a Jayflight 26BH and am looking to upgrade to bunkhouse plus outside kitchen. The Eagle 304BHS is top of my list, I would look at a Jayflight 29QBH, but no outside kitchen (and none announced for 2013). I may have to look at Keystones...
WA State
AndrewClay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:14 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewClay View Post
Those with the 29L, it seems to be shorter overall than other rigs and I found myself "stooping" under the kitchen cover. Does it seem to be at a useable height? Any thing else you like/dislike about the 29L?

I have a Jayflight 26BH and am looking to upgrade to bunkhouse plus outside kitchen. The Eagle 304BHS is top of my list, I would look at a Jayflight 29QBH, but no outside kitchen (and none announced for 2013). I may have to look at Keystones...
Being my wife and I are 5' 8" and 5' 6" respectively, the height of the outdoor kitchen door when in its open position is hardly an issue but I can certainly understand how it would be for taller folks. Granted, the ground level at many of our camping sites has not been level and, in some cases, it has given us extra clearance under the door allowing 6+ people to stand under the door.

As far as other things we like/dislike about the 29L...

- the outside kitchen...we hardly ever use the inside kitchen...keeps the 'mess' outside.

- Bunks (actually 3 beds since we have the outside kitchen). We still feel it was worth giving up 1 bed for the outside kitchen.

Dislike
(bad engineering) The pull down shade at the table window hits the table when you try to pull it down. It can be pulled down all the way but we have to lift the table out of 1 of the sockets to allow for the shade to be drawn down all the way.

All in all, we love our 29L. There have been no surprises.
Honda EU2000i Generator
5arnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:22 PM   #9

We have had our 29l for about a year now and have used it a lot. We have never cooked inside, and I am 6' and do not have issues with outdoor kitchen. I did add doors to the front room for privacy, but we feel it is a solid trailer and good value.
ebis63 is offline   Reply With Quote