Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-30-2018, 10:52 AM   #1

Important Warranty Info!

After 2 1/2 years of uncompleted warranty we have reached the point of contracting an attorney!What we did not know when your 24 months are up. You have 6 additional months to make a legal claim against Jayco.And are RV dealer had a waiver of purchasers to sue arbitration agreement!This attorney has several claims pending against against Jayco.They claim Jayco is trying to time you out on claims against them!Hope this is helpful.
Attached Thumbnails
White Spar 4-18.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 11:03 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
After 2 1/2 years of uncompleted warranty we have reached the point of contracting an attorney!What we did not know when your 24 months are up. You have 6 additional months to make a legal claim against Jayco.And are RV dealer had a waiver of purchasers to sue arbitration agreement!This attorney has several claims pending against against Jayco.They claim Jayco is trying to time you out on claims against them!Hope this is helpful.
The question to ask him, is, how many claims has he successfully completed? Then get names and speak with those that he "won". Typically an attorney will tell you what you want to hear, and deliver much less. Thus throwing good money after bad.

Your history is not the experience of most owners thank heavens.

Good Luck.

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 11:16 AM   #3

Sad isn't it?
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 11:52 AM   #4

Quote:
As has been posted many many times it's probably your dealer, not JAYCO.

And as was said "Good luck"..
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 01:03 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
As has been posted many many times it's probably your dealer, not JAYCO.

And as was said "Good luck"..
When I dealt with Jayco directly, I thought things were handled promptly.
Several times I would take my trailer to get warranty work done (unfortunately it was a Camping World 5 minutes away, my dealer is over an hour)
I would call to see if it was done yet, CW would say they were waiting on Jayco to send them parts. After calling Jayco directly, Jayco would tell me parts were sent 2 weeks earlier, Then I would go to camping world, tell them what Jayco said and they would go look. Guess what..... all of a sudden they must have just got the part. (Yeah, sure)
After that. Every time I went to CW for warranty work and CW said they ordered parts, zi would give it a week, then call Jayco. Jayco always sent parts out pretty quick. It was CW that always stalled.

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 06:33 PM   #6

My local dealer wants my trailer for a week to perform a ten minute fix. Testing, waiting for part from Jayco, ... It's a factory recall involving installing a fuse and surge protector. Why cant they just order the part ahead of time? I could drive up, let them install the part, and drive away. A week!!! If the part wasn't needed they could put it in their inventory or send it back to Jayco. I may even be inclined to pay the postage and/or price of part to avoid loss of trailer for a week.
YakimaSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 07:13 PM   #7

Quote:
Sad isn't it?

I don't buy Jayco is trying to time out your warranty. But I was in the same boat with the dealer and camping world just like you. My warranty was up in Dec. But I kept close contact with Jayco during the whole time. I'm picking my unit next week after 6 weeks at Jayco. Two pages of warranty issues which they said everyone single one has be completely properly. Sure it was a hassle hauling back and forth between dealers, camping world then having to take it from Tampa to Indianna (Jayco). But Jayco has been treating us real good so far. Also the unit is going to be prepped since we leaving on a trip from there. Sure it's been a lot of aggravation for 2 years, but it is what it is and you have to make the best of what you have.

2014 Ram Dually 6.7 Diesel
2016 North Point 375BHFS
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 07:27 PM   #8

A manufacturer cannot 'time you out' on a warranty claim that has been properly filed before the warranty period is up. They can delay things, not ship items in a timely manner, etc, etc, but, once notified of the warranty issue they are on the hook to deny or honor it. And, if they initially deny it and you win the arguement that it is covered, then the fact that you made the claim within the warranty period is the key date. Not when adjudicated or when the work is actually done.
Maggie, Old English Sheepdog
vcbice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 07:03 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcbice View Post
A manufacturer cannot 'time you out' on a warranty claim that has been properly filed before the warranty period is up. They can delay things, not ship items in a timely manner, etc, etc, but, once notified of the warranty issue they are on the hook to deny or honor it. And, if they initially deny it and you win the arguement that it is covered, then the fact that you made the claim within the warranty period is the key date. Not when adjudicated or when the work is actually done.
This was my thinking also. As long as you notify them of the warranty issue during the warranty period they are responsible to fix it even if the fix comes after the warranty period is over.

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 08:06 AM   #10

You have a bad dealer...spend the attorney money on gas and like Grumpy said find a new dealer!
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote