Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-14-2019, 09:41 AM   #21

I would definitely pass on the hand pump.

I debated whether to get a battery powered pump or an AC powered pump. AC won out, because 95% of the time we'll be near an AC outlet. If we're not, the 2000 watt generator that we bring with us (strapped in the rear of the pickup bed) will provide the power.

We have an inexpensive Campbell Hausfeld AC compressor. That, and a nice pressure gauge with a dial readout. Non-electric, because I don't want to discover the battery is dead when we're ready to hit the road. We take our tire pressures seriously.
Siamese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 09:51 AM   #22

You might also look into the TPMS on amazon for 39.00 it monitors tire pressure and temp. On a solar powered and chargeable little wireless monitor. I didnt want to spent 300.00 on one so bought the one on amazon and it works great.
tileguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 10:55 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopopsy View Post
I’m going to get that Kobalt jobbie.
You might want to read through all the reviews of the Ryobi first. I almost bought one for on the road and decided to go with a Viair 88p for less than $70. It is a high quality machine and I am very happy I didn’t get the cheap Ryobi. I use a 3gal. hotdog compressor at home.
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 11:00 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyDuck View Post
You might want to read through all the reviews of the Ryobi first. I almost bought one for on the road and decided to go with a Viair 88p for less than $70. It is a high quality machine and I am very happy I didn’t get the cheap Ryobi. I use a 3gal. hotdog compressor at home.
Kobalt Inflator

Seems to check out pretty good; 4.5 stars and 572 reviews ... ???

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 06:23 PM   #25

Quote:
Kobalt Inflator

Yeah but there were some patterns to the complaints I read — plastic gears stripping and the 12v plug not fitting all cig lighter/power ports. More than one said they ripped out the port in their vehicle as it was too tight. Sounds like the newer pumps are not as good quality as some of the older ones and Lowe’s wasn’t too good about taking them back after a certain period. I was set to get one but after reading 40 or 50 of the recent reviews I went with the Viair. It’s quiet and pumps as good as my hot dog compressor. It clamps to the TV battery rather than cig lighter with a 20 amp max. It is just a high quality machine.
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
Old 08-16-2019, 08:28 PM   #26

I’m really starting to like that M12 inflator. Reasonable on/rest windows, seems quick, and it is compact with a 3 year warranty for $80 bucks.

I’m pretty sure the M12 hammer drill will have no issues spinning the scissor jacks down, so maybe it’s time to jump into a new system.

Now if we can just get a good Labor Day sale ...

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 08:36 PM   #27

Quote:
Kobalt Inflator

Jopopsy — sorry, I just realized I referred to “Ryobi” rather than Kobalt reviews. I meant the latter, of course. Brain fart!

Tags
inflation, tires