Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

View Poll Results: Initial quality poll as delivered.
Quality level 1 (Terrible) 24 3.70%
Quality level 2 20 3.08%
Quality level 3 31 4.78%
Quality level 4 33 5.08%
Quality level 5 67 10.32%
Quality level 6 30 4.62%
Quality level 7 107 16.49%
Quality level 8 173 26.66%
Quality level 9 124 19.11%
Quality level 10 (Outstanding) 40 6.16%
Voters: 649. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-15-2015, 12:39 AM   #41

We had a few issues right after purchase. Some ere Jayco's some not. The major ones were the front cap faded, water pump didn't work, awning lights came loose, and the microwave quit working. All things we have had an issue with have been fixed promptly.
2013 GMC Sierra 2500 CC SB 4x4 Duramax
skijlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 08:43 PM   #42

Had a few small issues with ours. I fixed them myself because the dealers location and my free time is slim. Mainly piddly things that make ya think, "Dang couldn't they have took 10 seconds longer and done it right."

I would buy another one today if I had to.
Old 10-19-2015, 05:52 AM   #43

No major flaws. Just a bunch of little things the dealer should have caught. Things I should have caught during delivery but somehow missed. Loose trim work, poorly aligned drawer fronts, etc.
micron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 02:34 AM   #44

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
After initial inspection and after 1st camping trip no mechanical or significant cosmetic issues encountered, no return trip to dealer for warranty work. I did have to pop a few decal bubbles with a pin, but that was the end of that, no bubbles to this day.
Same here just small bubbles in decals, and broken Zip screws holding the propane bracket to the frame

2011 GMC Serria Ext Cab LB
2012 Jayflight 22FB
edowsfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 08:52 PM   #45

This is our second season and I can truly say we have had no problems. One trip back to dealer for minor cosmetic concern.
ZooSax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 07:12 PM   #46
Site Team

After 100 votes a rating of 7 or better has over 78% of the vote.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 02:31 PM   #47

We have a 2016 Jay Feather 16XRB Hybrid. Going over the initial walk through at the dealers the fuse blew out when he showed us the power awning.... no problem he went and got a new one and it worked fine. At home we hooked the hose up and the kitchen faucet spout was leaking. (Did not leak when the pump was used) Called and they ordered us a new one. They told us we would have to remove the whole faucet system and bring that in to have it covered under warranty. (we have had the trailer for 2 days now) When it came in I just unscrewed the spout and the person working that day (Saturday) gave us the new one from the new set ordered and we were on our way - he knew no different from what I was told. I didn't want to undo all the plumbing etc when it was only the faucet spout leaking. Works fine now. The cupboards do not shut evenly and where a few screws go into the walls the wood is chipped all around them.
Our first camping trip out the fuse for the awning went again. After changing it we had no problem. We have used it twice now for 2 weekends this fall. I also recaulked around the shower stall because between the bathroom cupboard and shower enclosure there was a 5 inch strip of no caulking near the bottom.
I love our trailer. It is perfect for my husband and I. I gave the rating an 8. We will see how our spring trip to the Grand Canyon goes - we are stocked up on fuses of all amps.
rx_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 05:59 AM   #48

Well, I have been waiting to post this until I had some answers from my dealer/Jayco. There were many things wrong when I picked up my 293RKDS on 08/18/2015. I agreed to have them done post camping season, as we had scheduled trips and none of the issues would keep us from using our rig. Figured we would be able to shake it out and get everything fixed at once. Refer died right out the box, dealer/Norcold sent a new unit and was replaced the following week after delivery. Below is the list I sent to the dealer for repairs needed, after our season ended.

Stove Front – Two Indentations Looks like someone pried on it with a screwdriver
Paneling Seam Bulging – At Top of Stairs
Bathroom Door Warped/Does not Fit Flush in Jamb
Red Decal on Main Slide is Torn
Main Slide, Rear Trim Piece Scratched, 34” Up from Bottom
Main Slide Topper Brackets Not Secured, screws pulled out of bottom bracket holes and damaged fabric. Removed slide topper before delivery
Door Side Front Rim Damaged - Maxxis upgrade, so paid more money.
Main Slide Operates “Rough” and Noisy, Also Seems to Twist When "Seating" in Closed Position
Awning Tube is Dented, Above Info Sticker, Also, Scratched About in Center
Dinette Rear Drawer, Needs to be Replaced?
Kitchen Flooring Damaged from Screw in Rear Drawer
Main Refrigerator Outside Vent Cover Scratched
Front Docking Light, Door Side, not Working
Leveling System Error Every Time When Trying to Auto Level
Check Entry Door for “Bulge”, Hinge Side, Lower
Entry Door, Outside Trim Misaligned and Missing Screw
TV Antenna has a “Catch” When Raising and Lowering, Also When Turning.
Check Roof Caulk for “Splits”
Paneling Seam on Outside Wall, Left of Bedroom Slide Out
Bathroom Shower Base Cracked, both back corners. Last trip out this happened
Add Door on Cabinet over Microwave, Saw it on Unit At Hershey Show
Shower Faucet Nut Broken
Recall Notice for Remote Relay Panel

Spoke with a Jayco representative at Hershey show and he agreed to there was way more issues with this 5th wheel than there should have been. He asked for all the information about my camper and was going to share the with the manufacturing team, not sure what good this did, but he seemed sincere with his apology.

After the camper was at the dealer for almost three weeks, I had to call Jayco to get any answers about the repairs. Jayco contacted dealer and I finally got a call saying they are working on it now. Going to be a few weeks to get parts and have their flooring installers look at the floor about repairs. Confidence in their ability to fix everything correctly and the first time is low, we will see I guess.

Sorry for the long post, but this is only part of my frustration. I guess I had to get the apparently one of a few pieces of junk they sent out
ExChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 04:25 PM   #49

So far we are very happy with our dealer. We had some issues that prevented us from picking the unit up when it was ready and they took care of their end pronto.
The PDI on our little RB195 took over two hours. The rep kept asking us if we had questions. When we said we were too dumb now to have questions but would course call later he said he would be there. Its a small dealership in Maine( Call of the Wild) that cannot do the best prices but the employees have all been there for years. They are close and that is what mattered to us. The other Jayco dealers are hundreds of miles away. There are few RV dealers in Maine.

We wanted a brake controller for our TV and they did the install concurrently with the PDI. We did not know a brake controller existed but after they described what it would do we wanted one. No appointment for future date.. they did it now.

They reiterated time and time again for us to call if there were any issues and to use their water and dump facility. Oh and winter storage for a mere hundred bucks the season . Maine winters are long.

We bought a lock( a ten dollar part) from them for the coupler and it jammed at home.. It was five pm. We called and they were going to send someone out in the am if we continued to have no luck

It finally unlocked. Now I am afraid to lock it again!

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 09:40 AM   #50

vinyl seals around entry door loose, porch light not working. Unit is so new we haven't spent a night in it yet.
1 Shizu, 1 Havanese
Dreamgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 09:46 PM   #51

Well, I returned my WH to the dealership for warranty work to do
1- Soft floor, pretty soon the linoleum will crack Im sure
2- Water leaks at slide out exterior seal moulding+a few screw
3- Water leaks a heater vent
4- No heat in batroom
5- Trim around front door coming out ( rubber strip )
6- Shower faucet very hard to turn
7- Water coming in through window weep hole while travelling through rain storm

All that and more after one year, I am blessed to have an excellent dealer, if they touch something they will fix it right the first time. While walking with the service advisor I've asked him if its common to see such a low workmanship quality and is look said it all......is in the business for over 20 years and he truly beleive that the quality is going downhill...and the hill wasnt really high to start with.....he is now selling only Jayco.....and he beleive that the unit stays way too long in the prep bay dur to the lack of initial quality...anyway the pool seems to say otherwise :-) but I tend to beleive him especially with my experience....I consider myself lucky that Jayco stand by their product and warranty tough, its a serious company compared to some others...but there is a lots of room for improvement

Ford F 150 Ecoboost Tow Max 3.73 2014

Equalizer hitch 1000/10000
homer1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 05:55 PM   #52

I'll consider myself lucky.
It's been an exceptionally wet spring here.
No leaks. Slide in or out.
No plumbing issues. Even the drain plug in the bathroom works properly.

Only thing I'm contemplating is the queen bed platform.
It does feel a bit flimsy.

I see more design issues than I do craftsmanship issues.

Heater vent locations. (The foot of the bed on my side gets way too warm)
Antennae locations. (The tv antenna hits the radio antenna if I rotate 90°)

2016 28rls.
Purchased in February.
Around 20 nights in it so far.
Vaquero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 06:18 PM   #53

Overall I'd have to say my 2016 23RLSW is pretty good. One piece of poor workmanship with the bedroom paneling, and a loose nut on a vanity faucet. So far, so good.

TV 2010 Ford F-150 Supercab
TT 2016 Jay Feather 23RLSW
rkresge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 07:09 PM   #54

I am quite pleased with the quality thus far. Everything works as it should, no leaks, handling is good, happy with fuel economy. Only minor issues at delivery and they seem to be more dealer-related than Jayco; missing second ignition key, one missing and one damaged screen, missing pole in shower. My brother had a Jayco prior to his current Montana and told me he would buy another Jayco in a heartbeat.
Old 05-09-2016, 07:47 PM   #55

We're pretty happy with the quality. There are some heat issues - we live in Arizona - but the dealer is good about fixing things like warped cupboard doors (which are now fine, 'cause the new ones had time to acclimatize). We are doing some mods, of course, but we're happy.
Jim-n-Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 04:11 PM   #56

Slide issue after forst trip

I would rate our initial quality check upon receipt a 7.

1. Missing leg on hide a bed. Dealer had to go find one.

All other items APPEARED to be ok on the 1 hour walk-thru.

Picked up unit at dealer in Indiana not far from Jayco. Drove from GA.

2016 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE

Purchased on April 21, 2016

On our way home we stopped to experience our first camping outing at a campground. We stayed for 2 days. When pulling in slide to leave noticed it was pulling the rubber seal off of the side window on right rear side of slide. In addition noticed a hole the size of about a quarter in the rubber seal going down the side of the unit for the slide. It was at the very top. After working with it to get it back in ok it appears the whole slide shifts to the right when going in.

When we got home I took it to Camping World (closest Jayco Service Dealer to us) and asked them to look at it. They just got back to me and said the slide has to be removed and that there is a bow in the wall where the slide goes. They are going to try to fix it I guess once they get approval from Jayco. So after this was brought to my attention I would have to change my quality score to 3 or 4. Any suggestions on what we should do please share. I am NOT a HAPPY CAMPER YET....
pahu3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 05:23 PM   #57

I rated ours a 3.. This is not a full list...

Delivery - April 2015

April/May 2015:
  • Black water tank valve stuck causing a major black water leak. This happened on our maiden voyage and ruined our first vacation for the year. Valve and insulation panels had to be replaced. Stayed in repair for over 3 weeks.
August/September 2015:
  • Thermostat went out on the AC unit during a hot july vacation. spent the entire week without AC. Had to bring it in to get it replaced. Stayed in repair for over 3 weeks.
  • Also shelf below kitchen sink was not finished. Missing the shelf!. - they fixed this
  • told them about the awning sticking. Never addressed. Still sticking and rolling up improperly
  • Door to the bathroom was sticking. they fixed this
Current issues that have to go in for warranty repair:
  • Lights above the dinette table do not function THey just stopped working one day.
  • Molding came lose in kitchen and needs to be stapled back to the slide
  • Countertops are warping in the bathroom and outside kitchen (No excessive water exposure). Seems maybe the edge molding wasn't sealed or something.
  • GFCI outlet Was not functioning/resetting causing all GFCI outlets and the refrigerators to not function(I fixed this myself by replacing the outlet)
  • Rear access panel for refrigerator is not closing properly causing water to collect.
  • Multiple missing screws in the slides
  • TV swivel mount was not mounted correctly causing deep scratch in the cheap laminate wood panel.
  • Awning is not mounted correctly causing it to stick when putting it out and also causes it to not roll up properly so it is wrinkled/ This is def going to cause it to age prematurely.
  • Power jack keeps blowing its fuse. I had to put a larger one in there which is probably going to cause the motor to go bad.
  • No Molding was installed in the rear closet.. At all...
  • Kitchen table is loose and wobbly even for RV standards.
Old 06-02-2016, 05:42 PM   #58

And your point is ?

just kidding,

according to some all that is happening because its not an high end product that you bought, thats normal or almost normal when you buy a new RV ......give yourself a couple of years than you will be able to enjoy your new ..2 years old new trailer

good luck !

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaldwellOne View Post
I rated ours a 3.. This is not a full list...

Delivery - April 2015

April/May 2015:
  • Black water tank valve stuck causing a major black water leak. This happened on our maiden voyage and ruined our first vacation for the year. Valve and insulation panels had to be replaced. Stayed in repair for over 3 weeks.
August/September 2015:
  • Thermostat went out on the AC unit during a hot july vacation. spent the entire week without AC. Had to bring it in to get it replaced. Stayed in repair for over 3 weeks.
  • Also shelf below kitchen sink was not finished. Missing the shelf!. - they fixed this
  • told them about the awning sticking. Never addressed. Still sticking and rolling up improperly
  • Door to the bathroom was sticking. they fixed this
Current issues that have to go in for warranty repair:
  • Lights above the dinette table do not function THey just stopped working one day.
  • Molding came lose in kitchen and needs to be stapled back to the slide
  • Countertops are warping in the bathroom and outside kitchen (No excessive water exposure). Seems maybe the edge molding wasn't sealed or something.
  • GFCI outlet Was not functioning/resetting causing all GFCI outlets and the refrigerators to not function(I fixed this myself by replacing the outlet)
  • Rear access panel for refrigerator is not closing properly causing water to collect.
  • Multiple missing screws in the slides
  • TV swivel mount was not mounted correctly causing deep scratch in the cheap laminate wood panel.
  • Awning is not mounted correctly causing it to stick when putting it out and also causes it to not roll up properly so it is wrinkled/ This is def going to cause it to age prematurely.
  • Power jack keeps blowing its fuse. I had to put a larger one in there which is probably going to cause the motor to go bad.
  • No Molding was installed in the rear closet.. At all...
  • Kitchen table is loose and wobbly even for RV standards.

Ford F 150 Ecoboost Tow Max 3.73 2014

Equalizer hitch 1000/10000
homer1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 08:11 PM   #59

Only big problem in first month was that the air conditioner wouldn't cool down. But that's not Jayco's fault, Coleman goofed. Otherwise we love our Starcraft.
secal48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 09:45 PM   #60

Required minor adjustments to the slide - all else has been excellent so far (2 months and 2 camping trips).
Ford 2016 F150 Lariat, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
Max Tow Pkg, 36gal tank
Reese Sidewinder and Reese Titan 16k hitch
BuddyRay is offline   Reply With Quote