Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

View Poll Results: Initial quality poll as delivered.
Quality level 1 (Terrible) 24 3.70%
Quality level 2 20 3.09%
Quality level 3 31 4.78%
Quality level 4 33 5.09%
Quality level 5 66 10.19%
Quality level 6 30 4.63%
Quality level 7 107 16.51%
Quality level 8 173 26.70%
Quality level 9 124 19.14%
Quality level 10 (Outstanding) 40 6.17%
Voters: 648. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-29-2021, 06:18 AM   #161

not to mention at 60 days in the shop in the last 12 months.
conch02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 09:24 AM   #162

Initial assessment

We all know that where the rubber hits the road is at the dealer as well as the service department. They have been great as well as the Ford service people. As far as the Quality of the 2022 Alante, it's been far above expectations so far. We did our shake down trips, shore and boondocking and got our list of issues and the motorhome turned to the dealer for the warranty repairs. There were some ford issues, the dealer transported and worked with the Ford dealership, which is where we picked up our baby at. Outstanding service from both parties and all issues were addressed. Typical issues, drawers opening while driving, 1 drawer hitting the S bend on the kitchen drain, shower door leaking, chassis had a sensor out on the brakes which caused the haul mode and the cruise control to not work, minor issues and all fixed. There was one major issue, the onan generator was missing the exhaust. On the boondocking shake down the co2 alarm went off, we immediately shut everything down and opened windows and turned on fans. Trouble shot the co2 detector using the manual, working perfectly. Did a walk around, even the dealer missed it, no generator exhaust. My initial walk around at purchase, I couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong, lol. Fixed now and we are getting ready to do another trip. Overall I'm very happy, Comparable units from other manufacturers cost more and didn't include the wardrobe in the rear. Thanks Jayco and of course our Jayco Dealer and Ford. Though the price and quality was great, the Ford chassis is stock, what happened to the JRIDE?
Old 12-27-2021, 10:39 AM   #163

Voted 8. The main electric plug cover will not latch (noticed that at the dealer) same with the cable cover. Battery indicator reads full charge even with the battery isolated. Question the cable feed to the bunkhouse. Initial camping trip was late this year and the campground was “semi” closed so it could have been the campground. Fireplace has a noisy bang every 2 seconds. Levels indicators in the tanks seemed off. Our old camper had smaller tanks, but these seemed to take forever to read. If it was summer, I would check the calibration myself. Front trim in the cupboard coming off. I will redo this with a more secure design. Have an appointment in March to address. No major issues except maybe the battery indicator.
2012 Jayco 32 BHDS: Long Gone
2007 R-Vision 25: Long Long Gone
1965 Frolic Cabover: My First RV
Bugzilla46310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 04:42 PM   #164

2022 Swift 20T LI

Trying to be patient with the dealer but patience is running thin.
Supposed to be a new RV fresh off the assembly line but looks like it was on the trade show circuit before it got to me.
Dealer was unprepared and never trained on the operation. RV was filthy and never prepped for my delivery.
Side sliding window broken
Battery never charged. Whole process to that which nobody knew. Manuals are vague and poorly written. Too many gotchas that will cost the end users a lot of money if not properly operated.
Heater vent broken.
Air conditioning doesn’t work and the privacy blind is coming loose.
Fresh water drain clogged.
New RV? Where is quality control at Jayco?? How was something like this allowed to ship?
What is the real story here??
Now all that being said…
Great concept and design. I can’t wait to get this all behind me and start having fun.
Note to Jayco, please send your factory rep to train your end users. Especially on your cutting edge tech. I know you guys read these reviews
Harmsway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 04:55 PM   #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmsway View Post
Trying to be patient with the dealer but patience is running thin.
Supposed to be a new RV fresh off the assembly line but looks like it was on the trade show circuit before it got to me.
Dealer was unprepared and never trained on the operation. RV was filthy and never prepped for my delivery.
Side sliding window broken
Battery never charged. Whole process to that which nobody knew. Manuals are vague and poorly written. Too many gotchas that will cost the end users a lot of money if not properly operated.
Heater vent broken.
Air conditioning doesn’t work and the privacy blind is coming loose.
Fresh water drain clogged.
New RV? Where is quality control at Jayco?? How was something like this allowed to ship?
What is the real story here??
Now all that being said…
Great concept and design. I can’t wait to get this all behind me and start having fun.
Note to Jayco, please send your factory rep to train your end users. Especially on your cutting edge tech. I know you guys read these reviews
I'm still battling with the dealer over work they can't fix right for 3 years. Poorly made and the dealers are unable to fix properly. My wife loves the RV because I handle all the problems. I'm starting to despise it. It takes the fun out of what should be an enjoyable experience.
rndsommer40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 08:08 PM   #166

I've dubbed our camper the "covid camper" Here's the list I sent to Jayco
1. Front wall leaked on to bed, the inside wall is blistered from water leaking, no sealant on the roof/wall lap
2. Refrigerator door seals leak causing water to pool inside and onto the floor. when set to “AUTO” doesn’t always switch to Gas when the power goes out.
3. Range vent cover When we towed it home, it was held on by threads of silicone.
4. Underbelly cover doesn’t lay flat and is laying on the axels.
5. Table, one of the legs collapsed because there were only 3 out of the 6 screws used to mount them.
6. Folding couch/bed The self-taping screws used to hold the folding couch/bed frame have torn the fabric from standard use.
7. Porch surround is missing rivet to hold the fabric. Also, the assembly holes were miss aligned making it difficult to setup. It seems a dull drill bit was used, and some the holes are out of round and have jagged edges.
8. Patio side fabric guards are unusable due to the threads falling out the retaining clips
9. Paint chip in hitch top
10. Exterior Damage Large indentation on the front just left of center, three ribs below the bottom the logo decal
11. Rear corners are bowed out, the salesman tried to puh them in. It also appears that there are screws pushing on the aluminum.
12. Grease cup Front Axel Left-Hand side, grease cup damaged from factory
13. Bedroom Sliding window is difficult to operate, sticks, squeals, a plastic thing fell out of the top track.
14. Outside Door is hard to close without slamming.
15. Awning seam Rain Leaks from seam
16. The toilet didn’t flush properly, the water line was kinked from being too long.
17. Water leaking from under the bathroom sink, a clamp was loose.
18. Bedroom Sliding window is difficult to operate, sticks, squeals, a plastic thing fell out of the top track.
19. Bathroom Door Trim, Latch side inside the bathroom, the top screw is not holding.
20. Bedroom Door must be forced closed because the exterior wall bows inward

This is my forth TT and it been a bad forth experience.
Explorer Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 06:58 PM   #167

Wow, I don't know where to start with the shortcomings of our 154HB Jayco unit. Some items are pointed at the dealer and some at the factory. The wiring for the 7 pole connector was hanging so low I was afraid to tow the trailer. Some of the gas lines were nearly on the ground. Creating a disaster if towed any distance. The screws that mount the rear stabilizers were started but not tightened. The dinette table was so warped it wouldn't pass any inspection. The cabinet in the front of the unit was about to fall off being only attached with small staples. The furnace thermostat was falling off the wall. The propane tank on the tongue of the unit wabbled so bad I was afraid it would break off. The battery box had no attachment to the tongue whatsoever. I mentioned several of these items to the dealer and nothing was done during pre-delivery. All they did was put a tire cover on the spare tire for their advertising and spray some tire shine on the tires. The young man that did our walk through didn't know how to light the stove or the fridge. I have spent countless hours re-building the dinette table, fixing the hanging wires and gas lines, and rebuilding the about to fall cabinets. What a disaster. I should have rejected this unit and purchased a different brand. All this dealer was interested in was selling me an additional $7500 in warranty products for a less than $20K trailer!!! I'll Never go back to this dealer and probably never buy another Jayco. Totally Disappointed. BTY, this is my 8th RV Purchase. And the absolute WORST!
Idaho Rd Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 07:43 PM   #168

you should have walked away!

2017 Ram Cummins 3500, 4x4, Dually Aisin, 3.73
B&W hitch
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 08:47 PM   #169

Considering these units get towed down a hiway you would think there should be some government oversight in the construction of these units.Like I mentioned earlier…our grey water tank bracket was held on by two small light weight screws that sheared off. When I noticed water leaking from under the belly I cut a hole and noticed the tank was just being held up buy the plastic belly liner. Good thing we always travel with an empty tank or it would be on the hiway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho Rd Rider View Post
Wow, I don't know where to start with the shortcomings of our 154HB Jayco unit. Some items are pointed at the dealer and some at the factory. The wiring for the 7 pole connector was hanging so low I was afraid to tow the trailer. Some of the gas lines were nearly on the ground. Creating a disaster if towed any distance. The screws that mount the rear stabilizers were started but not tightened. The dinette table was so warped it wouldn't pass any inspection. The cabinet in the front of the unit was about to fall off being only attached with small staples. The furnace thermostat was falling off the wall. The propane tank on the tongue of the unit wabbled so bad I was afraid it would break off. The battery box had no attachment to the tongue whatsoever. I mentioned several of these items to the dealer and nothing was done during pre-delivery. All they did was put a tire cover on the spare tire for their advertising and spray some tire shine on the tires. The young man that did our walk through didn't know how to light the stove or the fridge. I have spent countless hours re-building the dinette table, fixing the hanging wires and gas lines, and rebuilding the about to fall cabinets. What a disaster. I should have rejected this unit and purchased a different brand. All this dealer was interested in was selling me an additional $7500 in warranty products for a less than $20K trailer!!! I'll Never go back to this dealer and probably never buy another Jayco. Totally Disappointed. BTY, this is my 8th RV Purchase. And the absolute WORST!
Beachbum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 12:28 PM   #170

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndsommer40 View Post
I'm still battling with the dealer over work they can't fix right for 3 years. Poorly made and the dealers are unable to fix properly. My wife loves the RV because I handle all the problems. I'm starting to despise it. It takes the fun out of what should be an enjoyable experience.
Maybe we should plan road-trips to their big RV shows where they sold us their inferior product. Show their prospective customers what they can expect to experience if they buy Jayco.
Print t-shirts and wear them while walking around the show. “Ask me about my JAYCO”.
All kinds of ideas are popping into my head. Billboards…vehicle wraps…walking around their booth asking them questions in front of prospective customers. Uncomfortable questions. Especially warranty questions.
Old 08-15-2022, 12:32 PM   #171

How about sending a unit from the factory with a cabin air conditioning unit that never worked. Wired incorrectly. No cold air!!
How does that happen? All that work to install and wire and you don’t turn it on to see if it blows cold air?
Plus the sliding screen window came apart twice so far. Was in pieces from the factory?
Where is QA?
Old 08-15-2022, 12:33 PM   #172

Ok. Rant over.
Old 08-15-2022, 12:39 PM   #173

They sure love to sell worthless warranty packages.
Old 08-15-2022, 07:54 PM   #174

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer Rich View Post
I've dubbed our camper the "covid camper" Here's the list I sent to Jayco
1. Front wall leaked on to bed, the inside wall is blistered from water leaking, no sealant on the roof/wall lap
2. Refrigerator door seals leak causing water to pool inside and onto the floor. when set to “AUTO” doesn’t always switch to Gas when the power goes out.
3. Range vent cover When we towed it home, it was held on by threads of silicone.
4. Underbelly cover doesn’t lay flat and is laying on the axels.
5. Table, one of the legs collapsed because there were only 3 out of the 6 screws used to mount them.
6. Folding couch/bed The self-taping screws used to hold the folding couch/bed frame have torn the fabric from standard use.
7. Porch surround is missing rivet to hold the fabric. Also, the assembly holes were miss aligned making it difficult to setup. It seems a dull drill bit was used, and some the holes are out of round and have jagged edges.
8. Patio side fabric guards are unusable due to the threads falling out the retaining clips
9. Paint chip in hitch top
10. Exterior Damage Large indentation on the front just left of center, three ribs below the bottom the logo decal
11. Rear corners are bowed out, the salesman tried to puh them in. It also appears that there are screws pushing on the aluminum.
12. Grease cup Front Axel Left-Hand side, grease cup damaged from factory
13. Bedroom Sliding window is difficult to operate, sticks, squeals, a plastic thing fell out of the top track.
14. Outside Door is hard to close without slamming.
15. Awning seam Rain Leaks from seam
16. The toilet didn’t flush properly, the water line was kinked from being too long.
17. Water leaking from under the bathroom sink, a clamp was loose.
18. Bedroom Sliding window is difficult to operate, sticks, squeals, a plastic thing fell out of the top track.
19. Bathroom Door Trim, Latch side inside the bathroom, the top screw is not holding.
20. Bedroom Door must be forced closed because the exterior wall bows inward

This is my forth TT and it been a bad forth experience.
Straight forward question - Why did you accept delivery?? Many of the items on your list should have been brutally obvious on your PDI...
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 08:09 PM   #175
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
They sure love to sell worthless warranty packages.
The backend is where the dealer makes a fortune. That's why that man or woman doing the closing is usually the dealers best salesperson.
Onyrlef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 10:32 PM   #176

True. I’ve seen too many broken down rv’s along the road. Tried to play it safe. Really should have a lawyer examine the fine print. Too many loopholes to let them slide out of any warranty.
Old 08-15-2022, 10:36 PM   #177

Walkthrough was a joke. Every time we started we found something that required service to intervene. It would be still sitting there on the lot being fixed. Tried another walkthrough and same thing. I can be persistent and a thorn in their side. They fixed the a/c after 2 months. Needed the rig for other things. Meanwhile paying for something that is sitting in their lot. I tried to be patient but patience ran out.
Old 08-15-2022, 10:38 PM   #178

Yes, I made a lot of mistakes and I know now that they will bite me in the ass down the road. Never should have done a lot of things.
Old 08-16-2022, 04:52 AM   #179

Quote:
Walkthrough was a joke. Every time we started we found something that required service to intervene. It would be still sitting there on the lot being fixed. Tried another walkthrough and same thing. I can be persistent and a thorn in their side. They fixed the a/c after 2 months. Needed the rig for other things. Meanwhile paying for something that is sitting in their lot. I tried to be patient but patience ran out.
Same question I asked the other member - Why did you accept delivery? I mean no disrespect to anyone but if you had a laundry list of issues found during your PDI you should not have accepted the unit. Visiting a product specific forum and complaining about something you bought with known issues / defects seems counter productive.
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 05:16 AM   #180
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcm157 View Post
Same question I asked the other member - Why did you accept delivery? I mean no disrespect to anyone but if you had a laundry list of issues found during your PDI you should not have accepted the unit. Visiting a product specific forum and complaining about something you bought with known issues / defects seems counter productive.
Speaking of shoulds, what should have happened is Jayco never let a product with those kind of issues go to a dealer and the dealer should have never accepted an RV with those kind of issues, much less, sold one. Blaming the victim and whataboutism doesn't absolve Jayco of responsibility for what they build or the dealer for what they sell. Carrying water for the Jayco brand by mobbing up on anyone who complains about product quality isn't necessarily productive either.
Onyrlef is offline   Reply With Quote