Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

View Poll Results: Initial quality poll as delivered.
Quality level 1 (Terrible) 24 3.70%
Quality level 2 20 3.08%
Quality level 3 31 4.78%
Quality level 4 33 5.08%
Quality level 5 67 10.32%
Quality level 6 30 4.62%
Quality level 7 107 16.49%
Quality level 8 173 26.66%
Quality level 9 124 19.11%
Quality level 10 (Outstanding) 40 6.16%
Voters: 649. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-31-2018, 07:41 PM   #121

This is my first new RV had a MH before this 5th wheel had at least 6 new boats in the past that were of the same higher standard as this unit.
Since we have just got it and are on our first trip I’m to say the least some what disappointed in the construction quality. Found heat duct to bedroom and washroom was never connected to main duct, kitchen slide is binding and trim has started to come apart, lights on outside only work with remote and not switches, screws coming loose everywhere inside and out. Don’t know if this is as some have suggested as new ownership or workers just being rushed too much. This being said I can’t rate higher than a 7.
Old 01-01-2019, 09:18 AM   #122

My first TT and its a middle of the line model. A 2018 Jay Flight 264BHW. Nothing fancy and I'm primarily going to use it to live in while I do a barn conversion into a home.

8 seems about right. Nice folks at Camping World of Denver once I said no to all their attempts at weatherproofing and extended insurance.
Old 01-01-2019, 11:58 AM   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercman View Post
My first TT and its a middle of the line model. A 2018 Jay Flight 264BHW. Nothing fancy and I'm primarily going to use it to live in while I do a barn conversion into a home.

8 seems about right. Nice folks at Camping World of Denver once I said no to all their attempts at weatherproofing and extended insurance.
I've seen a few barn conversions around here and they look great! Maybe someday I'll find one of those projects I can talk the wife in to. We'd have to get a bigger TT to live in, the 195RB could be a little tight for a long period.

Back to the thread topic:
The quality of our 2018 195RB was pretty good. Only a couple things I could see might need some improvement, as some have said the staples around the outside either missed their mark or were not fully seated, easy fix took care of it myself. The next is the window AC unit mounted in the sidewall should have a little more tilt to make sure the condensation drains outside, I had a problem with it running inside but now I make sure the opposite side of the TT is a little higher.

Overall we are happy with our TT and dealer, we are going to the KC RV Show this month and may consider getting the 212QB to add a little more seating inside when the weather turns bad.
mharrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 03:38 PM   #124

Rated a 7 on original delivery. After about a month I would lower it somewhat for fit and finish and final factory inspection off the assembly line. Any problems so far has been taken care of by Jayco thru warranty. But how do you ask for warranty on fit and finish when it would require some compete tear down in some areas. (such as screws coming thru ceiling into cabinets an breaking thru the wood face) As a customer you just don’t notice those things at first. Otherwise it works well and we are generally happy with the unit.
Bowana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 04:52 PM   #125

3k trouble free miles on 2019 24rbs

Wife and I have embarked in our F150 and 2019 24rbs from our Canton GA home on multiple trouble free trips with destinations in Myrtle Beach, St Augustine FL, Fall Creek Falls TN, and of course the Smokies National State Park. Since November 2018 we have logged just over 3k miles on the trailer.

Our Jayco 24rbs, all appliances, and 2018 F150, have performed with flawlessly.

Thanks Team Jayco
Dmrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 08:02 AM   #126

In the first 3 months we've had numerous manufacturers oversights in our 2019 class c. Bottom bunk caved in because they didn't put any support under it, living room slide was jammed because there was an unopened bottle of beer caught under the sofa (was not mine), hot water heater connections hardly hand tightened and leaked all over, same thing behind the toilet, fridge stopped working for a few days but now works again, kitchen backsplash fell off, soundstream in dash nav has no working nav. All these things were minor or I was able to fix myself. I still love it and will keep it a long time I think. I don't want to get it all fixed up and start over on a new one. From what I hear poor quality control is the industry standard.
rndsommer40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 02:03 PM   #127

New owner here and i've posted a few other places with some of the issues. Here we go.

2020 175 SLX Baja.

1. Broken rail on kitchen cabinet.
2. Bathroom door isn't plumb. - probably no fix since it is a flexy TT after all.
3. On delivery, left tail light shorted out my TV circuit. Dealer fixed - loose/unconnected wire.
4. Low spot on roof to front cap joint. It is sealed, but will need shoring up to avoid pooling water.
5. Cabinet latch screws stripped out of the particle board. Replaced with longer screws.
6. Queen bed plywood is separating from the 2x2 support wood. Will reinforce.
7. Left trailer brake has a bare wire from the loom. Looks like it was stripped back on accident. Easy to tape and i'll be using split loom to protect the run.
8. Wire resting on leaf spring. Will be shortening and split looming.
9. Wire nuts used to connect brakes to harness. They are taped, but seriously? I'll be replacing with soldered butt connectors.
10. Wood and metal bits all over the place inside cabinets. Not a manufacturing issue or a safety issue, but in general shows poor pride in workmanship.
11. General poor quality of cabinetry. It is OSB with a wood grain sticker. Not even a veneer! As I mentioned in another thread, I secretly hope that the staples holding these things together rattle loose so I can justify replacing the cabinets with proper tongue/groove and glue and screw.

I gave it a 4 based on the above. Average would be 5 and anything above that would be exceptional. Some of these things are safety issues and should never have passed QC.

With the bad out of the way, I will say the things I like:

Love the general appearance. Nice silver/gray colors and aluminum sides. It is thin, but no worries about mystery materials like used on R-Pods and others.

Love the internal layout - mostly. I think the bathroom is a bit over sized for the width of the rig, but it didn't stop us from buying.

Love that the interior paneling is all backed with 1/8 ply. Serioulsy. Not plastic paneling, but real wood. Yes, it can get wet and rot, but it should not as long as the seals are kept up. It can be scrwed, which means anything hanging from it should not come loose as long as it is attached correctly.

It is comfortable. Lounging in the dinette is nice. The bed is decent.

It was cheap. We paid about 66% of list (or 63% of full sticker price, OR, only 81% of the manufacturers actual suggested retail). Had I paid full retail I don't think I'd be too pleased with the general lack of quality or attention to detail.

Being cheap in price, overall i'm not too bent on the items above (except the wiring issues). I'm a handy DIY guy and will have no problem addressing issues as they come up - and I'm sure there will be more.
PoulsboJohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 06:44 PM   #128

I have a new 2019 248RSBW TT.

This is my 2nd trailer (first was a '07 Keystone 179RD sold before we used it)so I really can't compare workmanship/quality to others.

However on my new one I have found lots of material debris inside of cabinets and secluded areas.

The bath fan is a mess with the plastic housings not matching up and warped.
Upon removal for inspection the wood framing for the fan is not square,one top outside vent screw is at an angle and missed the stud, and a portion of insulation is missing in the roof.

Some of the paneling has touch marks over the nails.

I guess for the lower cost you get what you pay for but we are happy.
mokurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 10:03 AM   #129

Another few items to add to the initial quality fail:

Bed Supports. Poorly screwed and i had one that was separated from the plywood. Reinforced with 6 screws per rail.

Front Cap.
Just wow. While mapping out all the plumbing, I was looking at the low point drains on the outside. Then I noticed staples sticking out at the end of the "diamond plate." The entire trailing edge where it attaches under the trailer is fastened by staples. Yep, I'm pretty sure that will hold up well to 60MPH for hours at a time. I'll be replacing with screws and sealing up any leftover staple holes. Details details.

I wonder about the build techniques on these trailers and the cost for repairs that a local dealer forwards on to the manufacturer. The margin on these must be so high that the cost of fixing isn't an issue. Or, things like staples hold long enough for a year or two and then it is the owner's responsibility.
PoulsboJohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 07:14 AM   #130

2020 Precept 31UL
We had it out ~4 weeks now, from A/C weather to heater weather to boondocking, trying to use all the different systems while we're under warranty. No real big issues. Just a few small issues that our dealer has taken care.

I recently learned from a Jayco rep that all 2020 Class A's are getting a PDI at the factory.
Old 01-02-2020, 09:01 PM   #131
Site Team

Update: 74% receiving a rating of 7 or better.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 01:15 AM   #132

We bought a dealer close out 2018 Seismic 4116. Payed costs, dealer still repaired all that we found during pdi or sent me the parts to fix it.
Still after over 180 nights and more than 5000 miles we still love it!
Sure we replaced the mattress, and added a few things and basically made it ours.
We rated it at a 9+ to 10.

Thanks crabman for another great poll.
Desertman
Attached Thumbnails
image_20190624_154414_1564711579750.jpg  
Destrtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 08:36 PM   #133

We have had our rig for 5mounts now, the alignment was bad called Jayco and I was able to take it to North Bay Trucking, In Fairfield Ca. They fixed the alignment and Jayco covered all cost, now the rig drives great. Don't have to fight to keep it straight. Jayco reimbursement was very fast. 3 weeks.
MB56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 02:55 PM   #134

If your asking about initial quality then here is my posting. I have owned 3 Jayco products over the past few years and recently purchased a 2020 Jayco HT 5th wheel and have never been so disappointed and disgusted with a camper.* The quality control at Jayco seems to be non existent.* I have owned the trailer for less than 3 months and have had over 20 issues with the unit from unconnected wires (from the factory) to several slide failures, awning malfunctions, battery cables flying off, bathroom fan fell out of roof, stereo unoperable and so on.* In reviewing recent BBB ratings I see a 1 star generous rating over the past few years and nothing but complaint after complaint.* In contacting Jayco customer service nothing but lip service and even that is bad.

A not proud Jayco or should I say Junko owner (probably not for long)
Roodna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 01:08 PM   #135

Traded in our 24 rbs travel trailer on a 2018 27.5 rlts fifth wheel. Never have we been more disappointed. Have had the trailer for 1 year. Eight different water leaks all plumping related. Furrion audio system not working. End cap faded. Wall at head of bed separated from frame. Fabric on two of the chairs coming apart. Slide had to be adjusted 3 times. Trim on outside corners of fifth wheel separated 3 times. Jaycos reaction is basically "oh well".
Phil2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 02:13 PM   #136

Thumbs down Junkco update.

Our woes with the 2020 eagle HT continue...now up to issue 25+..
In addition to slide issues, decals peeling, corroded hardware, splits in wood trim, cabinet doors falling off, cracked tv frame, screws falling out, battery cables falling off, stereo system quitting, interior lights no working, bathroom fan falling out, awning stuck open, sewer tank leaking, now we have wood paneling peeling, another cabinet door falling off, the carpet seam fraying, glass stove top shattering, toilet valve leaking, shower door handle fell off, and the fridge door handle cracking. Not bad for a 4 month old camper. Our dealer has been great and is helping as much as is needed but contacting Jayco (Junkco) they are as is said in the previous post “oh well”. No matter my concerns or comments I get the same pat answer. “If it’s deemed a warrantable repair, Jayco will attempt to rectify the problem to the customers satisfaction within the 2 years from the date of sale,”. And I asked what about all these issues that keep reoccuring and gues what the answer was....”If it’s deemed a warrantable.....and so on.
Roodna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 03:14 PM   #137

I have a different story. Our Pinnacle has been close to flawless after 4 months of ownership, about 40 nights spent in it and towing about 3k miles. There was a bad ac with a locked compressor from about day 3 but it was replaced immediately. On our first trip we had a leaking fitting on the toilet that just required hand tightening. Fit and finish has exceeded my expectations, which was not very high as our previous fifth wheel was an Excel, which was noted for their quality. Heating and cooling has not been an issue on a 97 degree day and a 20 degree night. The Equalizer auto level is rock solid.

It may fall apart tomorrow but so far I couldn't be happier with it. I would give it a 9, only because I did have to tighten the toilet fitting. The a/c was not a Jayco issue.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 10:11 AM   #138

I've over looked several small flaws with our 2020 Jayco 24RBS, but as of this morning I finally feel like I can't be quiet any longer. After spending weeks shopping trailers in our price range we finally landed on Jayco because their build quality appeared to be higher than other manufacturers.

We were using the trailer the first time for a week long stay at a state campground and my wife noticed back up through the shower drain even though we had been checking our sensors pretty regularly. When we got home I pulled the corrugated plastic sheeting down (huge pain) and found that our slide motor had grabbed the poorly wired sensor wires and spun them up. Aggravating but not the end of the world. Sense I already had the plastic down I decided to just rewire the sensors. Boom all sensors are working.

While fixing the wiring I also happened to notice all four of the nuts bolting the slide to the slide mechanisms were at the end of their threads. Not a big deal because I caught it in time, and tightened them up.

A few days later I'm walking around the front of our trailer and notice that the diamond plate fascia on the front has popped out. Ok time to contact Jayco, after emailing back and forth with them trying to get a repair I get fed up and just decide to fix it myself. Some butyl rubber tape, self tapping black screws, and some clear silicon, Boom fascia back in place.

Well I came into work this morning and my wife sent me a picture of our water heater cover, it is black with soot. It appears a small fire took place in the cabinet while she was doing the dishes last night.

I am beyond livid, I could over look the other small issues, but this fire could have easily gotten out of control and cost my wife and I our lives. I'm sick to my stomach with regret after purchasing a $25k+ trailer and just finding issue after issue with it.
Jakey Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 01:18 PM   #139

Jakey Poo. Our previous trailer was a 2017 24 rbs. Had a loose water fitting on the outside kitchen. That was it.Traded it last year for a 2018 27.5 rlts fifth wheel. Had nothing but problems with it. Jayco quality sucks big time.
Phil2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 06:46 PM   #140

I gave it an 8. 1) Our interior lights were intermittent. I pulled the light near the entrance door and found the red wire not properly inserted into the connector. I fixed that and lights work. 2) The A/C cycled on 2-3 times before the compressor kicked in. My dealer Camping World fixed that as something was disconnected and it cools well now. 3) Overall, I can't believe how cheap they make these trailers. But my Jayco 264BH runs well and if I'm gentle as hell I hope not to break it.
"Use it or loose it."
SkipperD is offline   Reply With Quote