Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-22-2021, 01:25 PM   #41

Progressive

I live in New Jersey where everything is high but not my Jayco 2018 30.5 Ckts
fifth wheel's insurance through Progressive. Only $575 if paid over 4 monthly payments or pay the lump sum and they knock of $40. Also had a tree fall on the roof last Aug. during a hurricane and they took care of everything and I had a check in hand for over $11,000 in two weeks.
Old 06-26-2021, 10:54 AM   #42

Try Geico and Farmers

I recently found that Farmers Insurance likes MotorHomes. Give them a call.
billbeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 11:35 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonBecky View Post
Northpoint 361 REQS 2016,
Farm Bureau, $360/6 mos
So far satisfied w claims.
But on last claim they depreciated "fabric" slide cover awning by 30% because of age. I grunted a bit about that, but hit a roadblock.
Still, satisfied w service. We have home & auto multi discount.
Similar to Damon and Becky, I went with Farm Bureau (FB) as they had the best value (imo). I have USAA for most of my insurance needs but they didn't have a motorhome insurance option for me in Texas, and Progressive which I have heard lots of good reports about was almost double what Farm Bureau costs.

I will add a point to share and I am not sure how common or what insurance companies offer this rider, I purchased my RV for about half of what the current market price was at the time due to having a good relationship with the seller, and most of the insurance companies I spoke with told me that if I encountered a total loss that they would pay my purchase price minus depreciation, however when I explained to FB that my purchase price was a lot lower than the replacement cost they offered me a rider for a "declared value" which means that I was able to insure my RV with them and specify the RV's value that would be paid out in case of a total loss which in my case is more than the purchase price. I didn't ask a lot of details and I doubt they (or any ins co) would allow the declared price to be higher than the book value, but in my case I wanted to at least be able to replace mine if the need occured... now that mine is ~11 years old I may go back to just liability insurance, not sure yet and would only do so if I could save enough to justify the risks I would be taking on. I haven't had any need for any claims and have owned it for ~7 years now. ~CA