Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-11-2016, 12:53 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Murff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Seattle area
Posts: 2,116
Is it just me...

...or is the new semi-permanent RV LIFE ad in the lower right under Recent Threads annoying? It seems to "hang" more when scrolling and viewing a page.

Murff
__________________

__________________
Murff
2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2011 F150 Non EcoBoost (5.0)
Andersen Hitch
Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 02:16 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
TWP723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Abingdon
Posts: 3,600
I know what ya mean. Fortunately, there's not enough posts on THIS thread to see it stay-while-scrolling!
__________________

__________________
2013 Jayco Eagle 328 RLTS
2013 Ford F350 6.7L 4x4 CCLB
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zerô WDH
Me, Momma and Charles (RIP buddy)
And introducing Sofie!! ;)
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 02:23 PM   #3
Site Team
 
norty1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 12,056
I have ran it up the flagpole so to speak to see if it is a problem to admin.

Thanks for pointing it out. I pretty much am immune to ads even when they are right there.
__________________
Moderator
2011 351RLTS Eagle, Mor/Ryde suspension & pin box
06 F350 Lariat PSD, SRW, LB, CC, EGR delete kit, 16K DrawTite hitch, Timbrens, TST TPMS

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 06:29 PM   #4
Site Team
 
norty1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 12,056
RV life magazine is owned by the same company that owns this forum and many others so in a sense, it keeps the light on.

I have been reading some of the articles and they have some good information on there. Thanks for pointing it out as I never had gone there until you posted the question/ statement.
__________________
Moderator
2011 351RLTS Eagle, Mor/Ryde suspension & pin box
06 F350 Lariat PSD, SRW, LB, CC, EGR delete kit, 16K DrawTite hitch, Timbrens, TST TPMS

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 05:41 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
edatlanta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Maplesville, AL - Home Base
Posts: 2,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
RV life magazine is owned by the same company that owns this forum and many others so in a sense, it keeps the light on.

I have been reading some of the articles and they have some good information on there. Thanks for pointing it out as I never had gone there until you posted the question/ statement.
I'm rather immune to ads too and had never noticed it. Maybe I'll check out an article if one looks interesting.
__________________
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 09:03 AM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Olympia
Posts: 54
How long has this company owned RV Life? Reason I ask is because my wife's uncle and his wife founded it and I knew he was talking about selling a couple years back but I haven't spoken to him in a while....
Neo1130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 09:55 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Witt74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Picayune
Posts: 978
I noticed the ad hanging to. Was kind of annoying at first, got used to it. It does have some good articles though.
__________________

Charlie & Lizzie the Mini Dachshunds
2008 Jayco Eagle Super Lite 30.5 RLS
2006 F250 XLT Xtra Cab Long Bed 6.0 Diesel
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not.
Witt74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 04:49 PM   #8
Site Team
 
Janet H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Inland Empire
Posts: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo1130 View Post
How long has this company owned RV Life? Reason I ask is because my wife's uncle and his wife founded it and I knew he was talking about selling a couple years back but I haven't spoken to him in a while....


Social Knowledge which is the little company that oversees JOF recently acquired RVlife from the original owners who have retired. The writers have stayed on and the content remains as awesome as ever and we are super excited about this.

The website for RVlife recently got a little update and the ad block that you see on the JOF page was added to help raise visibility for RV Life. Many of us read this great magazine for years and we would like it to gain some web traction (it was a print publication for most of it's life) so that it will continue for many years to come.

__________________
.
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.
.
Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 06:55 PM   #9
Site Team
 
norty1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 12,056
Thanks, I have eyed reading articles in the online version just recently. Very well done.
__________________
Moderator
2011 351RLTS Eagle, Mor/Ryde suspension & pin box
06 F350 Lariat PSD, SRW, LB, CC, EGR delete kit, 16K DrawTite hitch, Timbrens, TST TPMS

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 07:54 PM   #10
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Olympia
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
Social Knowledge which is the little company that oversees JOF recently acquired RVlife from the original owners who have retired. The writers have stayed on and the content remains as awesome as ever and we are super excited about this.

The website for RVlife recently got a little update and the ad block that you see on the JOF page was added to help raise visibility for RV Life. Many of us read this great magazine for years and we would like it to gain some web traction (it was a print publication for most of it's life) so that it will continue for many years to come.

Gotcha... Again, I haven't spoken to Diesel (Ron) in about 3 or 4 years... He's a great guy and I worked for him a few times handing out RV Life magazines at RV shows... His wife Toni is a great gal as well...
__________________

Neo1130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.