Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2018, 10:15 PM   #101

This is another reason we’re seasonal. Same great adult neighbors every weekend. Noisy dogs not tolerated there either.
Old 07-15-2018, 06:40 AM   #102

We've camped for some years - tent, pop-up and TT (you see the pattern emerging here :-) - and we must have been very lucky, because we have never had any "bad" neighbours. The biggest noise problem we ever experienced was the CG folks winding up the leaf blowers during breakfast :-)

It may be a function of the kind of CG.. if all the pitches are close together, with no screening, then the potential for friction is greater, and if you camp at a "family-friendly" location, then you have to expect excitable kids.

We mostly camp in state parks or private CGs, with more room to spread out,,, and the one time we had occasion to speak to anyone about encroaching on "our" space, turned out to be hugely embarrassing... it was the campground owner, checking on a wasp nest that somebody had pointed out to him. Awkward moment, but he forgave us ...

There have been a couple of instances where the neighbours just didn't speak... but perhaps they were there for the peace and quiet.

We've also seen a number of examples where campers have rallied round to offer assistance - for example, a tree fell on somebody's truck in the middle of the night, and quite a crowd turned out to assist.

I've got to say, I find it unsettling that the responses have turned to "displaying weapons" and "calling Border Patrol" (as a resident alien myself, I'm sensitive about that one), but I think that's more a reflection of the way this whole society is going, sadly.

Jay Feather 19XUD, pushing a Jeep Grand Cherokee
Old 07-15-2018, 06:47 AM   #103

Kids make a joyful noise, that's never been a problem. Let 'em play!

2019 Whitehawk 28RL
2018 Ford F150 3.5 Ecoboost w/3.55

Dennis, Cindy, Philip, and Sarah
Old 07-15-2018, 10:38 AM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE MEEKER View Post
Like many of you, I just returned from a week of camping during this past 4th of July week at a state park about 200 miles away. We golfed and fished much of the time and had a very enjoyable vacation, until we get back to the campsite.

I am getting very discouraged at the attitude, manners, disrespect and ignorance of more and more campers these days (mostly newbies I am guessing.) Trespassing on other campsites to take shortcuts to restrooms, campstores and/or rec areas. Loud music and loud voices well past quiet time. Burning plastic and garbage. Kids out of control. Dogs left alone barking for hours on end.

Friday night as I am sitting under my awning enjoying an adult beverage, 3 adults in their 30’s attempted to cut through my campsite to get to the bathroom and just about walked under my awning to get by. I told them that this was not a public walkway and directed them to a path just a few feet away for them to use. Of course, I got the middle finger salute accompanied with verbal comments as well. It did not end well…for them.

It was never ever like this before, even just a few years ago. How so many people got so ignorant on camping etiquette baffles me.
Luckily we have had excellent experience so far (we started full-time camping in April of 2018 - Western States). We have found a number of newbies to be great neighbors, being courteous and wanting to know more about proper camping to include the dos and don'ts in the RV park. Hopefully, in our further travels, we will continue to enjoy our neighbors in the RV parks.

2018 Jayco White Hawk
Closed Thread