Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-04-2013, 09:06 AM   #1

Jacks on 2013 Melbourne

We are planning on getting the 29D this year. Do I need to get the jack system or is it stable enough to save the extra money$
LayneB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:33 AM   #2

Hello, we have the 2011 29d and we do not have the jack system. It has been stable enough for us, and we have been to a few place not too level, even at the beach! We do have the orange blocks to level it, no problem. Hope you enjoy the melbourne as much as we do. Keep us posted. Happy camping!

Jodi
mcnurlen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:45 AM   #3

Just had the Big Foot system installed, stopped most of the movement. But really liked not having to use the leveling blocks, never could get it level and centered on the little orange things the first or second time.......or the forth tome......or. Much cheaper to get the system installed at the factory. After a long day of driving its is a snap to be level by pushing a bottom.
Jim
The Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:31 PM   #4

If you're not bothered by the costs, I believe leveling jacks are a good idea. We just traded a 31' class-C Coachman for a new 31SS and got one with the jacks. Most the time with what little rocking won't be an issue, but a rock solid floor is nice as I had them on our first RV (TT). They also make things easier than driving on and off and onto leveling blocks as mentioned above. On the flip side, coaches that size tend to be fairly stable without the jack. I'm picking mine up 2 states and at least two days away and I'm looking forward to testing out the new rig... I'm sure you'll be thrilled with your Melbourne.