Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-27-2017, 03:44 PM   #1

Jayco and Camping World parting ways?

The last I checked, our local Camping World had a large inventory of new Jayco towables. Now their web site shows lots of trailers (this is a BIG dealership) but not a single Jayco. What is going on?

They have never dealt in Jayco motorized RV's.

The Camping World 80 miles west of here doesn't have any Jayco towables, either, but does have three new Class C's in inventory.

Hmmm . . .
chasfenwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 03:50 PM   #2

Ours seems to have plenty left in stock. They are all flagged "last chance RV clearance" but I think they always do that.

2016 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax
2017 Jayco Eagle 325bhqs
sean.harp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 04:04 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean.harp View Post
Ours seems to have plenty left in stock. They are all flagged "last chance RV clearance" but I think they always do that.

2016 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax
2017 Jayco Eagle 325bhqs
Another wrinkle in this story is that, just recently, an independent RV dealer in our area has started to advertise that they are the EXCLUSIVE Jayco dealer for this area.
chasfenwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 04:33 PM   #4

Burton Campers is our area's exclusive Jayco dealer. Our Camping Worlds (x2) do not carry them nor does anyone else that I can find. The nearest place to find a Jayco apart from Burton is a 2-3 hour drive from Birmingham, Atlanta is the obvious nearest alternative for a good selection of Jaycos for us.
FeatherFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 08:57 PM   #5

The camping world near me doesn't sell Jayco. Every time I have asked them about a part (even mounding) they tell me it's a 'dealer item'.

And after the CEO went political and said basically said that if you don't agree with him (or against Trump) should shop elsewhere I won't be going back.

ROOF REPLACEMENT

PARTIAL FLOOR REPLACEMENT
Scott91370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 10:14 PM   #6

The Camping World in Oakwood Ga has a ton of Jayco inventory. Yes, they are all marked as "Last Chance RV Inventory" but so is every other brand on the website. So that's just a marketing gimick.

Jayco's (and all other RV's) are selling really fast and the factory can't keep up - it's possible that some dealerships are literally running out of inventory.
Ford 2016 F150 Lariat, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
Max Tow Pkg, 36gal tank
Reese Sidewinder and Reese Titan 16k hitch
BuddyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 07:08 AM   #7

Our local CW added Jayco towables about 9 months ago but never had motorized. That is supplied at a smaller dealer, where I bought my Alante. Btw, my dealer does not have Jayco towables.
Old 08-29-2017, 12:34 PM   #8
dee

Good. After shopping multiple CW and dealing with them, I drove 3 hours to buy from an independent dealer. Some of the most dishonest people as a whole, I have ever seen. Their CEO sealed the deal for me. Never a dime, will I spend with them, ever.....
dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 02:24 PM   #9

When the CEO of Camping World chooses to alienate a significant portion of the population this is what you end up with.

Camping World will never see another dime of my money.
Old 08-29-2017, 02:33 PM   #10

I think a lot of companies will be pulling out of Camping World!
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/16/marc...-business.html
MccBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 02:45 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustysocket View Post
When the CEO of Camping World chooses to alienate a significant portion of the population this is what you end up with.

As far as Campers go make sure your dealer no matter what their name is not part of CW. We looked at a new Camper at RV World and when I gave them my email address he knew my address. So I asked how he knew my address and he told me they were bought out by CW like a year earlier but are continuing to use the RV World name. I asked if it was because of the bad service reputation CW is known for and he didn't answer that but said they had a excellent service team and more than double the service bays as the CW about 10 miles away. I am not sure if this is common practice in other areas or not.
2016 Ford Focus set up to flat tow
Pfflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 09:31 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeatherFam View Post
Burton Campers is our area's exclusive Jayco dealer. Our Camping Worlds (x2) do not carry them nor does anyone else that I can find. The nearest place to find a Jayco apart from Burton is a 2-3 hour drive from Birmingham, Atlanta is the obvious nearest alternative for a good selection of Jaycos for us.
I've been to Burton, looking, they had excellent inventory. Why would you go to Atlanta vs. Burton?
javankrona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 05:15 AM   #13

Here in the Richmond suburbs, There were two dealers that CW bought at nearly the same time. One is McGeorge's Rolling Hills RV. The other was Reines whose main store is in Manassas, VA, and their second store here in Hanover, Co, It and McGeorge's are about 5 miles apart.

I expected CW to close the Reines location here in Hanover, since they didn't need two locations 5 miles apart. Initially I thought I was right, since the 2nd Reines store became RV World. Turns out they are sister locations.

What's interesting is the McGeorge's Rolling Hills RV keep that name. Underneath that name, CW added "by Camping World" in smaller letters.

Of course I was never enamored with McGeorge's. I'm even less so now. And McGeorge's never had Jayco towables. Can't speak to motor homes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfflyer View Post
As far as Campers go make sure your dealer no matter what their name is not part of CW. We looked at a new Camper at RV World and when I gave them my email address he knew my address. So I asked how he knew my address and he told me they were bought out by CW like a year earlier but are continuing to use the RV World name. I asked if it was because of the bad service reputation CW is known for and he didn't answer that but said they had a excellent service team and more than double the service bays as the CW about 10 miles away. I am not sure if this is common practice in other areas or not.

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 06:43 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MccBob View Post
I think a lot of companies will be pulling out of Camping World!
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/16/marc...-business.html
I won't shop at camping world. Marcus has helped a lot of small business by buying them but that will crumble now.
2015 Silverado 2500
rodro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 08:20 AM   #15

I'm with Dee, Rusty & Bob above 100%. Not just buyer beware, buyer no go there!
Old 08-30-2017, 09:13 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustysocket View Post

I'm with you, Rusty. No more buying from CW after the CEO's comments.
Canceling my thoughts about upgrading to a 5er from CW. Other places not as convenient but CW can now kiss my grits!!!

Happy RVing,
Jeff
Best friend wife, Di, and dog Cooper. RETIRED
havnfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 09:38 AM   #17

2017 inventory on the way out and 2018 inventory coming in (slowly)????

The one in Canton/Woodstock (GA) is full of Jaycos.............

We were looking for a 2018 284BHS (a new model as far as I am aware) with the TV mounted on the side directly across from the couch. We just wanted to look. The one in Oakwood (GA) did not have one but the ones in Macon and Pooler did.

Apparently, the change over from one year to another, is rather slow.
thompsondd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 06:48 PM   #18

Most everything you would buy (including an RV) is available elsewhere and often online. I have done my share of shopping at CW in the past but no more for me!
Jack
Old 08-31-2017, 04:01 AM   #19

I would not think CW would voluntarily give up Jayco lines of RV's, especially the towables. Most CW locations started as independant stores. Except for a very few occasions, I suspect CW just keep the franchise agreements in place for TT's that were originally there.

I would doubt CW would give up such a good selling brand if they already had it. And on the flip side, I doubt Jayco would would voluntarily cast off such a powerful dealer as CW.

Keep us posted on whether the Jayco inventory slowly builds up at your locat CW location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasfenwick View Post
The last I checked, our local Camping World had a large inventory of new Jayco towables. Now their web site shows lots of trailers (this is a BIG dealership) but not a single Jayco. What is going on?

They have never dealt in Jayco motorized RV's.

The Camping World 80 miles west of here doesn't have any Jayco towables, either, but does have three new Class C's in inventory.

Hmmm . . .

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote