Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-23-2014, 03:53 PM   #1

Jayco as a Full Timer?

Are you living full time, or nearly, in a Premier or Pinnacle? If so, would you recommend it, or would you spend more next time for a fiver rated for full time?
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 04:26 PM   #2

We have been living on our Jayco Pinnacle for the past 2 1/2 years fulltime.

It has been a good solid unit and has held up well to fulltime use, we think we made a good choice.

I have met a number of people fulltime living in Jayco Eagles and Pinnacles, they are doing well.

I would put our Jayco up against any mass produced 5th Wheel on the market today.

I have looked at some brands / models that say "Rated for Fulltime Use" it does not mean they are a better more reliable product than our Pinnacle, I think sometimes it just marketing.

Do not take me wrong, there are some real nice 5th Wheels out there for $120,000 to $150,000.

Since RVs are a depreciating asset, I chose not to spend the extra money and get a solid constructed, solid backed with a 2 year warranty, solid feeling 5th Wheel for less money.

Since I was paying cash (No Debt for us) I wanted to hold onto as many dollars as I could.

Based on our current experience with our Jayco, our next 5th Wheel will be a Jayco.
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 12:07 PM   #3

We are fulltiming in a Jayco Eagle 341RLQS- We have had this unit for 2 years- It replaced a Montana- We are very satisfied with the outcome- JMHO- DD
Old 02-26-2014, 05:15 AM   #4

I have been in my Designer full time since August 2010. Would I buy another Jayco for full time use? You bet, but I'm still very satisfied with my Designer so no new 5'er is in my immediate future.

I have had a few issues during the past 3 1/2 years, but Jayco has always stepped up to the plate and I have never had an issue with warranty service.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 11:32 PM   #5

We are 1/2 timing in a 13 Pinnacle 34rlts and feel the coach is well made for full time living. Some of the supplier equipment leaves some room for improvement. It seems they cheeped out on items like: the Atwood leveling system, the Estone sound system and the Sweintec [sp?] slides. The fit and trim seem good as well as the dreaded Lippert frame which I think is well engineered for this unit
If we get the supplier problem solved it should serve us well.
take care
pointrow
pointrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 04:35 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointrow View Post
We are 1/2 timing in a 13 Pinnacle 34rlts and feel the coach is well made for full time living. Some of the supplier equipment leaves some room for improvement. It seems they cheeped out on items like: the Atwood leveling system, the Estone sound system and the Sweintec [sp?] slides. The fit and trim seem good as well as the dreaded Lippert frame which I think is well engineered for this unit
If we get the supplier problem solved it should serve us well.
take care
pointrow
One thing to remember, if you are buying a "Mid Line" or "High End" 5th Wheel, most of the supplier components are the same, A/C Units, Furnaces, Water Heaters, Stoves, Microwave, Wheels and Axles and such.
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 05:02 AM   #7

Good point Rob, but don't forget the refrigerator. My Norcold died a few weeks ago after only 3 1/2 years.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote