Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-22-2018, 07:01 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack N Janet View Post
I agree! The small dealer I purchased from pulled the trailer in, plugged it in and had all systems up and running. The roof leaks i have could not have been seen until it was out in the weather but at least they are willing to get it in and fix it. I agree on having the front bed replaced!
Sorry to hear the you're having so many issues, I guess we must have gotten lucky with ours.

When you say roof leak, are you referring to the rear window leaking at the seal, or is there more than one leak? I was upset when we received ours because it didn't have the rear window as shown in the brochure. When I contacted the factory about it they said that they quit putting rear windows in because they were afraid that there would be leaks due to the curved surface.....then I see newer one's than ours coming out this year with rear windows again......

I would definitely take it back to the dealership, a new TT should be weatherproof at the very least, I don't care what price point we're talking about.

I reworked a cabinet under our cook top and added bracing because the upper shelf was sagging, I couldn't go to Lowe's and buy as light weight crap as they used for the shelf, screws run right through it, it's basically very cheap paneling for a shelf with no support. I fixed that myself so it would be correct.

Having said that, I can say that Jayco has been very good to us regarding any warranty work, so I can not complain any there.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ome-41831.html
01tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 07:10 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlee View Post
Don't think it was the case here. We were there early, right after it opened, and didn't see any kids. School had not let out yet around here.

Not to say kids had not used it as a trampoline at the dealer. Still, why would a dealer bring something like that. I'd have it fixed before bringing it.
Like I said I didn't know that to be the case. But I agree if it did it shouldn't have been displayed like that. I'd send that pic to Jayco and tell them the story. They may be interested in seeing that

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 02-22-2018, 09:07 AM   #23

Good morning Tundra!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01tundra View Post
Sorry to hear the you're having so many issues, I guess we must have gotten lucky with ours.

When you say roof leak, are you referring to the rear window leaking at the seal, or is there more than one leak? I was upset when we received ours because it didn't have the rear window as shown in the brochure. When I contacted the factory about it they said that they quit putting rear windows in because they were afraid that there would be leaks due to the curved surface.....then I see newer one's than ours coming out this year with rear windows again......

I would definitely take it back to the dealership, a new TT should be weatherproof at the very least, I don't care what price point we're talking about.

I reworked a cabinet under our cook top and added bracing because the upper shelf was sagging, I couldn't go to Lowe's and buy as light weight crap as they used for the shelf, screws run right through it, it's basically very cheap paneling for a shelf with no support. I fixed that myself so it would be correct.

Having said that, I can say that Jayco has been very good to us regarding any warranty work, so I can not complain any there.
Thanks for your response! The leak is in the roof joint to the side wall over the rear street side window. Could be right about where the two black corner moldings come together above the rear window. Water trickles down the wall from the inner roof joint cover, finds its way around the window and soaks the plywood for the bed frame against the wall. From there it puddles up on the floor between the furnace and hot water heater. I had no leak until we were hit with 5" of rain in 24 hours so it took quite a bit of water for the leak to show up. I've had conversations with the salesman and am on my way to the dealership this morning to make an appointment to get it in for repairs. I also read about the rear window problems but have not had any leaks to it so far. I hope I have the same kind of luck with the warranty work as you have had!
Jack N Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 10:31 AM   #24

Sorry for your problems. Good Luck with getting it resolved.
I hope that it gets taken properly and quickly.
I have thought that Jayco was a good company. I guess we will see how well they are at taking care of their mistakes.
JaycoBud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 10:50 AM   #25

WE would go back to the dealer with warranty list.Then call Jayco to make sure the dealer turned in all your warranty.Our experience is some dealers only turn in the work they want to do!We are now 29 months into owner ship of our 2016 Eagle.Still waiting on axles, furniture, gel coat replacement!
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 11:48 AM   #26

Sorry to hear about problems.
I purchased a Jayco 161 last month from an RV show locally. I took a picture of the trailer V.I.N. sticker of the trailer I was supposedly buying, I came back the next morning with a check from my bank and picked up the trailer, when I got home I realized the trailer was not the same one I was told I was buying the night before ! They had not put the V.I.N. number of the trailer they showed me I was purchasing on the paperwork, but instead it was the V.I.N. of the trailer they gave me the next day.. I inspected trailer and found the door was not installed properly, there was a 1/2" gap at the top where you can see outside, and if it rains hard, water can get into trailer. My trailer is currently at the dealership awaiting approval from Jayco to get it worked on. owned it for 2 months now, and have not enjoyed it yet.
parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 12:08 PM   #27

That's what they do, cannot be nice to those people. Warranty work they make the least amount of money on. In Phoenix there are RV dealer ships we have been in. They will have a 100 or more units waiting on repair.Out of warranty work brings a higher bounty! Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
100_0357.1584.jpg  
Old 02-22-2018, 07:30 PM   #28

I went to the dealer today to set up an appointment for our 2018 Hummingbird 17FD. The dealer could not have been nicer. I gave them a list of what I had found and I will drop it off tomorrow morning for the repairs. I have also sent the list to Jayco with the last 8 of the VIN to "put in my file". So far so good! Thanks for all your help!
Jack and Janet
Old 02-23-2018, 09:44 AM   #29

Sounds like you have had a positive response so far. Here's hoping that everything goes well for you.

It's very hard to spend that kind of money to get a new camper and then run into a bunch of issues and end up with a repaired unit.

Good Luck
Old 02-23-2018, 12:18 PM   #30

Picked up our new 2018 Eagle HT 324BHTS in November, and as the season had ended in our region, parked it in my driveway till Spring. Many heavy rainfalls and snow over the winter, and so far knock on wood, no roof leaks. Have yet to use the unit yet, waiting till spring, so have only had a chance to test a few things so far (slide outs, radio, power awning, fireplace, etc.) and so far, so good. Only issue found to date was while running the heater, no heat was coming out of the vent in the rear bunkroom. I removed the wall panel to access the furnace, and found the duct tube feeding the bunkroom was never connected to the heater, it was just left lying on the floor with no sign of ever having been attached. A quick fix, but hopefully not a sign of other things to come.
2015 EZ-GO TXT Golf Cart
South Jersey
K9Nardu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 12:26 PM   #31

Amazing isn't it?
Old 02-23-2018, 01:33 PM   #32

Amazing? It should be but it seems to be the norm.

I really can't understand how they can do so poorly on quality control. Most people seem to accept this as a normal thing What other business makes a product with so many just dumb workmanship mistakes? I know some people say there is a similar "break in period" with houses, but not to the extent that it seems to be occurring with RVs.

I choose Jayco because I sincerely believe that they use better quality materials than other Forest River builds, but with both of my new Jaycos there have been numerous construction flaws, some minor, some major. Like others we fix what we can and only return to dealers when absolutely necessary.

Summer will be here soon, I wish everyone happy camping
Old 02-23-2018, 01:47 PM   #33

Forest River is a large umbrella. That's like calling Jayco a Thor. Some lines are built better then others under the same umbrella.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 04:19 PM   #34

Thanks Bud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaycoBud View Post
Sounds like you have had a positive response so far. Here's hoping that everything goes well for you.

It's very hard to spend that kind of money to get a new camper and then run into a bunch of issues and end up with a repaired unit.

Good Luck
So far so good! It was a positive experience at the dealer!
Old 02-23-2018, 06:36 PM   #35

Send a message via AIM to jaycojay Send a message via MSN to jaycojay
Quote:There is also customer responsibility... Do the PDI early in the morning, wear old clothes and be prepared to crawl all thru and under the unit with a flashlight. Expect to find leaks under the sinks, and make sure that EVERYTHING works. If something isn't right, make sure the dealer fixes it before you leave the lot... that's why you got there early.Quote

I have never had to do this .... guess, maybe i've been lucky. BTW .... a PDI is done long before you buy the rv, the dealer performs the PDI when the trailer hits the lot.
Old 02-23-2018, 08:00 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycojay View Post
I have never had to do this .... guess, maybe i've been lucky. BTW .... a PDI is done long before you buy the rv, the dealer performs the PDI when the trailer hits the lot.

I believe even the best dealer will not inspect as well as the owner will. They have less profit than you have investment. If they spend too many hours it eats into the margins. I expect the pre-customer PDI to catch big stuff. The customer PDI to catch things that are more cosmetic. And the warranty and support to catch the details. I’m more than happy with the job my dealer did but I still have a list of have a dozen things I’m waiting on access to the trailer to be able to address.

I’ve been lucky enough to not have major issues just get passed off to me. But my dealer has been extremely accommodating any time I have reached out to them post sale. If I had issues with the dealer I would document it and call the manufacturer.

Both manufacturers and dealers know they turn things out too fast to be problem free. If you’re reasonable and calm when calling then they tend to want to keep you happy. (Assuming you did the research on both manufacturers and dealers first. A bad company is always the exception. )
Old 02-23-2018, 09:49 PM   #37

I’ll echo what others have said about the dealers being accommodating. My dealer told me to make a list of everything I found and drop the trailer off to be fixed to my satisfaction. For me, it’s not worth towing it 2hours for things I can fix myself. Our first trip isn’t until the first week of May, so I have time to get my TT in service. It is frustrating however to buy a brand new TT and have to do work on it. That is why we didn’t buy a used one.
Old 02-24-2018, 05:58 AM   #38
Site Team

My dealer had done his PDI before I got there. The rig was sitting in his lot connected to power, water, tv up and on and ac running and ready for us to go thru it along with a dealer rep. We did and found several minor things wrong that were adjusted before we pulled off the lot. We were told to keep a list of anything that came up and we did. Next trip back they fixed all on the list.

I had previously purchased a new rig and knew the drill. I climbed up on the roof and went thru everything. Even with that, I missed a couple of small things that were fixed on my first visit.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 08:49 PM   #39

I know people that bought a $365,000.00 Tiffin and they had a lot of problems. So the problems are in every Rv made out there. I do understand why people get mad but things will work out. These things are towed down the road, over bumps, and stuff happens. Talk to the dealer and Jayco and they will fix it. Anything man made will have problems.
2018 Jayco Jayfeather 27 RL, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2020 Buick Encore Hers, Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Parcany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 09:01 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parcany View Post
I know people that bought a $365,000.00 Tiffin and they had a lot of problems. So the problems are in every Rv made out there. I do understand why people get mad but things will work. These things are towed down the road, over bumps, and stuff happens. Talk to the dealer and Jayco and they will fix it. Anything man made will have problems.
Oh say it ain't so LOL

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Tags
hummingbird