Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-25-2018, 09:51 AM   #41

The dealer has been really good so far. The trailer is there, having the repairs done now, so with a little luck we'll be on the road in a week harassing all you good people in the campgrounds. So if you see two old people an old dog and an old cat in a Hummingbird stop in to say "HI". See ya out there ...
Jack N Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 01:42 PM   #42

JaycoBud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 01:57 PM   #43

Outstanding. Now go out there and have some fun.

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 02:51 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer330 View Post
Since its such a recent purchase and you haven't even used it I would contact the dealer and let them know of the problems. Most dealers are good at repairs and Jayco seems to really stand behind the warranty. I took care of small problems that would have been more of a hassle to drag the TT to the dealer for repairs under warranty, I had three items that the dealer had Jayco ship the parts to me. Take pictures of all the items that need attention and forward to the dealer, this may help them to order the parts needed, this is usually the slow part waiting for parts.
X2
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 02:39 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by parallax View Post
Sorry to hear about problems.
I purchased a Jayco 161 last month from an RV show locally. I took a picture of the trailer V.I.N. sticker of the trailer I was supposedly buying, I came back the next morning with a check from my bank and picked up the trailer, when I got home I realized the trailer was not the same one I was told I was buying the night before ! They had not put the V.I.N. number of the trailer they showed me I was purchasing on the paperwork, but instead it was the V.I.N. of the trailer they gave me the next day.. I inspected trailer and found the door was not installed properly, there was a 1/2" gap at the top where you can see outside, and if it rains hard, water can get into trailer. My trailer is currently at the dealership awaiting approval from Jayco to get it worked on. owned it for 2 months now, and have not enjoyed it yet.
EDIT dealership did me right,, fixxed door and a couple of other items. took a week.. all good.
parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 01:01 AM   #46

Glad to hear some people are getting issues resolved. We have a 2017 375bhfs, it has been a headache since day one. Several big issues. Was looked at by 2 dealers and now the unit is back at Jayco and has been for several months and there is no idea when we will get the unit back. It takes several days to talk to anyone when we call.
5Castles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 07:06 AM   #47

Those big dealers may have the exact model you want right on their lot, but my experience (5 RV's) has been the bigger the dealer - the poorer the service afterward.
NH_camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 07:29 AM   #48

Hummingbird is back

Our dealer did a really nice job on the repairs! No leaks, quality cabinet repairs and threw in a couple of things we didn't see. The dealer is a smaller dealer in NW Indiana and I would use them again just because of the after sale service. We're packed up and almost ready to go. See ya out there!!
Jack N Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 09:20 PM   #49

Glad everything worked out for you guys. A pat on the back to your dealer for taking care of their issues. Enjoy!!

Sent from my ASUS_P00J using Tapatalk

2019 Whitehawk 28RL
2018 Ford F150 3.5 Ecoboost w/3.55

Dennis, Cindy, Philip, and Sarah
Ohiofinlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 02:59 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaycoBud View Post
I had a chance to take a better look at the trailer today. There are several defects that are part of the problem. The handles for the bed door had broken and missing screws, and there were missing screws on the rim around top of the frame. The door can not be closed tightly. I took the cover off the space between the front inside and outside wall and saw water and warped flooring. Not sure if it's just the floor covering or the wood under it.

I am most concerned about the floor now. If the wood under the covering is warped that would seem like a huge deal to repair properly.

I put tape over the edges of the door to try to seal it and put a trap over it.
I am hoping that will at least keep most water out. I do not believe it will make it water tight. I left a message with the service manager saying I think they need to do some soon to prevent more damage. I'll see what the response to that is when I try to contact them tomorrow.

Frankly, at this point I would like them to send the camper back to the factory and get me a replacement. I don't feel that I should end up with a damaged trailer when I paid for a new one. I doubt that that will happen.

And you are right I did not get up on a latter inspect it close enough to catch the broken and missing screws. My bad.
I would agree with you 100% For a "new" TT or any item to have this many problems is unthinkable. You should get a replacement as it has not been used for the purpose intended yet and is not able to be used for it's intended purpose.
One thing I have noticed early on from any manufacturers forums all brands seem to suffer from shoddy workmanship straight from the factory or neglect from dealers inspecting and testing to make sure they are delivering a suitable product.
Too bad there isn't someway to get Government regulations and standards for RV manufacturer's to conform to. I see where new owners can go weeks and even months unable to use their new RV or have to wait for them to be scheduled in for warranty work.............what a industry!
RetiredLEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 09:49 PM   #51

There are codes for RV construction, just like autos, houses and mobile homes. That does not mean the unit will be free of defects. Heck, until the Japanese started making quality an issue, US car mfgs were pretty bad about quality.

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk
Maggie, Old English Sheepdog
vcbice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 02:07 AM   #52

Isn't that the truth! You nailed it right there. Until foreign manufacturers showed the domestic big three what quality at a value was our "domestic vehicles" were a bad buy. Maybe the Japanese and South Korean's could show RV builders what quality control is.
I would be willing to pay more for a RV that was reliable and problem free off the Dealer's lot. I see though from other forums though that currently paying a premium price doesn't guarantee a quality product.
From a newbee's observation so far it seems that customers expect there to be problems with a new unit............that just seems backwards..............a new unit should be expected to be problem free.
RetiredLEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 05:15 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Nardu View Post
Picked up our new 2018 Eagle HT 324BHTS in November, and as the season had ended in our region, parked it in my driveway till Spring. Many heavy rainfalls and snow over the winter, and so far knock on wood, no roof leaks. Have yet to use the unit yet, waiting till spring, so have only had a chance to test a few things so far (slide outs, radio, power awning, fireplace, etc.) and so far, so good. Only issue found to date was while running the heater, no heat was coming out of the vent in the rear bunkroom. I removed the wall panel to access the furnace, and found the duct tube feeding the bunkroom was never connected to the heater, it was just left lying on the floor with no sign of ever having been attached. A quick fix, but hopefully not a sign of other things to come.

Using our new 2018 Eagle 339 FLQS this weekend for the first time.... Furnace would short cycle like not getting enough air. It is obviously cold in Ohio so after calling dealer (3 hrs away) and 3 unanswered calls to Jayco and numerous additional calls to dealer they finally agreed to let me have someone look at it since it obviously would be a warranty item. Called a local RV dealer who sent a service guy to us at the campgrounds.

His findings were astonishing to me... the furnace also had a duct off, multiple tears in the foil ducts and furnace itself only mounted to frame with one screw on the very edge of the plywood shelf which had pulled out. So the furnace was actually sitting about 1.5 inches from the wall and not encompassing the inlet air duct from the exterior. After removing and reinstalling furnace correctly and fixing all the ducts furnace is functioning fine. $128.00 for a Saturday morning visit to a campground isn’t bad I guess...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sparky66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 06:11 PM   #54

Wow, it’s threads like this that scare the heck out of me. We just bought a Jayco Talon toy hauler and are trading in our 2011 Puma Unleashed. The Puma had some minor problems when we bought it but really was a good trailer.

We did not see the Talon when we committed as it was a finished unit still at the factory. The unit arrived to our dealer and we have a PDI set for April 10th. Being anxious, we went to our dealer to check out the new unit. In general, it looked pretty good but noticed some loose linoleum and carpet in the bed/bath area, a warped cabinet door and a crooked drawer. Oh, and there were dirty footsteps on the slide wall panel.... granted, the trailer was fresh on the lot and not service yet. We told the shop guys about what we found hoping it will be fixed before our PDI. Fingers crossed.
Ugeesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 06:48 PM   #55

Awe they all have issues some big some small... It is what it is just hoping Jayco settles up with us since it is under warranty and we did not get there official approval to fix the furnace because they didn’t answer the phone or call back as of yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-03-2018, 04:07 AM   #56

*Update* Jayco called me back on Monday regarding our furnace repair. After explaining the poor installation issues and subsequent inability (due to Good Friday) to get permission from them to go ahead they did agree to reimburse us for the non-Jayco dealer repairing the furnace with the exception of the “service charge”...

Other than that our shakedown trip was excellent and the Eagle performed very well!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-08-2018, 10:27 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack N Janet View Post
I purchased a 2018 Hummingbird 17FD on 1/18/18 so I've had it a month. Today it's raining so I went out to check it for leaks and water is coming in from the street side rear roof joint over the rear window. I have not used the trailer yet as I had to move the large drawer under the fridge 1/2" to the left so the slide would go in and out without hanging up on the drawer and binding the slide. The dealer winterized it and I found pink antifreeze under the sink so it has a leak there. The plywood base under the bed and dinette is warped and doesn't lay flat so it creaks when you sit or lay on it depending on which end you are on. Some of the furring strips are split from haphazard screw insertion. The kitchen counter top is short by a fraction from reaching the wall and the lower cabinets have staples blown thru them and the sides aren't flush with large gaps. The large drawer, under the fridge, has the bottom falling out of it and nothing has ever been put into it. And the list goes on. Do I try to fix all of this myself or do I take it back to the dealer and drop it off until they can make it right. How good is their warranty? Do the craftsmen at Jayco own a square? Not apparent from the carpentry. Everything is stapled not screwed and glued as they advertise. Advise would be helpful. The walk around at the dealer was inside so leaks didn't really stand out until it was outside in the weather. I could use some encouragement. Thanks

It's also a good idea to email Jayco, so everything is on file and it may speed your dealer up with the needed repairs.
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hummingbird