Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-29-2018, 03:06 PM   #21

I doubt any manufacturer would send a full set of schematics for a current production unit without a really good reason. How do they know you don't work for another manufacturer and are just phishing for all their intellectual property?

It takes a fair bit of engineering time to design one of these and 90% of that IP is in those prints. You don't just give that away to the first person who asks for it!

"Hey Henry Ford, this is Ransom E. Olds calling. Would you mind sending over a complete set of blueprints for that snazzy new F-150 you just released? I'd really like to get a look at that!"
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 03:31 PM   #22

Well if you own a product & have legal proof of..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankr63 View Post
I doubt any manufacturer would send a full set of schematics for a current production unit without a really good reason. How do they know you don't work for another manufacturer and are just phishing for all their intellectual property?

It takes a fair bit of engineering time to design one of these and 90% of that IP is in those prints. You don't just give that away to the first person who asks for it!

"Hey Henry Ford, this is Ransom E. Olds calling. Would you mind sending over a complete set of blueprints for that snazzy new F-150 you just released? I'd really like to get a look at that!"

ownership & ask for all information related to the unit you bought then you should be entitled to said documents.

The class action suit remark was young in cheek, but yes I do know how to file & purse a class action suit & have benefited from several.

Frankly I don't see the comparison stated above & the request for the construction details of your rv or trailer.

But enough of this crap.
kneeslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 03:48 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneeslider View Post
ownership & ask for all information related to the unit you bought then you should be entitled to said documents.

The class action suit remark was young in cheek, but yes I do know how to file & purse a class action suit & have benefited from several.

Frankly I don't see the comparison stated above & the request for the construction details of your rv or trailer.

But enough of this crap.
We are entitled to nothing in life. I will email Ford next week and see what they send me, not going to hold my breath

Oh yes everyone knows how to file, hire an attorney
And what you got a settlement for the Cheerios box that was an ounce short.

You made the statement, now when called out on it its CRAP. LOL
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 03:54 PM   #24

Quote:

But enough of this crap.
So you buy a track home and you expect the builder to send you blue prints, engineering reports etc ? Really ?

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 04:09 PM   #25

Thumbs down Jayco's response to my request for drawings

XXXXX we would not send out all schematics if you are working on a particular area in the unit we can provide those but there are hundreds of prints and each wall, slide out, floor are all separate. I will need a specific location that you need a print on. As for the electrical we have 12v & 120 and then locations these are just references as they may not be in the exact spot on the unit they just display general location. Here are the basics, that I can send

Description: Jayco Logo - 3D COLOR - TAG LINE

I am not surprised. I bet they welcomed my money for their product. don't tell them but they'll only get me once!
kneeslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 04:28 PM   #26

Quote:
XXXXX we would not send out all schematics if you are working on a particular area in the unit we can provide those but there are hundreds of prints and each wall, slide out, floor are all separate. I will need a specific location that you need a print on. As for the electrical we have 12v & 120 and then locations these are just references as they may not be in the exact spot on the unit they just display general location. Here are the basics, that I can send

I am not surprised. I bet they welcomed my money for their product. don't tell them but they'll only get me once!
GM, FORD or CHRYSLER will send you that info for around $300.00, plus shipping. So they get even more of your money.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 04:32 PM   #27

Quote:

Don't buy a Forest River next time then, I read on their forums that they don't send out any drawings period.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 08:33 PM   #28

Just can't make some people happy. lol
2018 Jayco Jayfeather 27 RL, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2020 Buick Encore Hers, Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Parcany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 08:47 PM   #29

I've asked for and received:

Frame blueprints (curbside, driver side, rear wall, roof)

Wiring diagrams (AC and DC)

Plumbing diagrams

Heating and AC ducting diagrams

All I did was call, give them the VIN and they were emailed within the hour.

I also asked for information on the OEM rims. While the CS didn't have the answer, she gave me the contact information of the supplier who answered all my questions.

Probably how you ask.
ifallsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 06:20 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifallsguy View Post
Probably how you ask.
And who gets your "e" mail or phone call.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 06:45 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
And who gets your "e" mail or phone call.
Call Jayco and ask for support for your unit. Transferred and spoke to CSR. They asked for the VIN and an email address to send .pdf files to. I did get a call from the CSR to verify the files had arrived.

I've always found Jayco customer service friendly and helpful. Never have received any emails from Jayco that weren't expected and only follow up calls have been to make sure everything was received, completed (follow up on a warranty issue) or with answers after research.

Better than the multiple calls from Lowes when I have had a delivery (last time 3 different people called to see if it had arrived on time). And they all work in the same small office, about 4 feet apart. And the calls all came within about 12 minutes.
ifallsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 06:55 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifallsguy View Post
Call Jayco and ask for support for your unit. Transferred and spoke to CSR. They asked for the VIN and an email address to send .pdf files to. I did get a call from the CSR to verify the files had arrived.

I've always found Jayco customer service friendly and helpful. Never have received any emails from Jayco that weren't expected and only follow up calls have been to make sure everything was received, completed (follow up on a warranty issue) or with answers after research.

Same here. Jayco lways sent me everything I asked for after giving them my VIN #
They were always good to work with.

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 09:24 PM   #33

I'm confused. Why do you think Jayco should send to you the complete build schematics, including framing, wiring, etc?

Many others have testified that they get the design and schematics of a particular area they are working on.

Quote:

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 05:20 AM   #34

How to get drawings

I have had good response from Jayco on my requests for drawings. I fill out the form at the link below and in a day or 2 they email them to me. You do need to make a specific request like electrical diagrams or plumbing diagrams. I have gotten push back a couple of times because my Jayco is still under warranty. I just submit the request again and it goes to a different customer service rep who sends them. I wish they would just provide or sell me a complete set but I understand their reluctance.

https://www.jayco.com/site/contact/service/
dartwest is offline   Reply With Quote