Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-25-2018, 06:37 AM   #1

Jayco build/wiring schematics, Jayco giving me a hard time

So, my family has had 4 Jayco trailers, currently we just purchased a 2018 33RBTS, waiting for spring to arrive here in Northern, Ohio so it is currently still sitting at the dealer. After finding this site, I was thrilled to know I can obtain the build schematics and wiring schematics from Jayco. I want them for further understanding of where things are located that I can't see.

I emailed Jayco all my info, VIN # etc. After 5-6 emails back and forth with the "Customer Service" rep I have yet to receive anything but grief about why I want them and that there are too many to send, they only send them out under certain conditions and they can't be emailed, blah blah blah.

I call this crap. I have seen many schematics posted in pdf form on this site from Jayco and read about others having success getting their schematics.

Thoughts?????
33RBTSFAMILY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 06:44 AM   #2

JAYCO's policy is "No schematics to the customer during the warranty period".

With that said some customer service people will bend the rule and send them. You will find many posts where people here got them and many posts where people were told no.

And if you're asking for all at one time that is probably one reason you're having trouble as well.
Old 03-25-2018, 07:11 AM   #3

not wanting to share schematics

because n two builds are the same?

Jayco c.s. is b.s.! c.s. is a foreign word almost everywhere & not unique to Jayco. I got tired of the lack of meaningful response & attitude! my current Jayco will be the last Jayco in my driveway!
kneeslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 08:01 AM   #4

You want complete build/wiring schematics?

That seems a little unreasonable to me. I can understand needing schematics for a wall where you want to mount a TV, or around a non-powered vent where you want to add a powered fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33RBTSFAMILY View Post
So, my family has had 4 Jayco trailers, currently we just purchased a 2018 33RBTS, waiting for spring to arrive here in Northern, Ohio so it is currently still sitting at the dealer. After finding this site, I was thrilled to know I can obtain the build schematics and wiring schematics from Jayco. I want them for further understanding of where things are located that I can't see.

I emailed Jayco all my info, VIN # etc. After 5-6 emails back and forth with the "Customer Service" rep I have yet to receive anything but grief about why I want them and that there are too many to send, they only send them out under certain conditions and they can't be emailed, blah blah blah.

I call this crap. I have seen many schematics posted in pdf form on this site from Jayco and read about others having success getting their schematics.

Thoughts?????

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 08:49 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
I have to wonder why, since it seems almost impossible to get them to even answer questions about warranty. The only answer I ever get from them is "don't do that it, it will void the warranty"

The terms "Jayco" and "customer service" seem to be mutually exclusive.

Jay Feather 19XUD, pushing a Jeep Grand Cherokee
WeRJuliian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 08:57 AM   #6

History repeat its self least we learn from it... Facts show owners alter their coach and then want warranty to repair. So......

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 09:02 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneeslider View Post
Jayco c.s. is b.s.!
I have had nothing but great experiences over 17 years with JAYCO, but then again I also had a great dealer.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 09:12 AM   #8

Quote:
I have had nothing but great experiences over 17 years with JAYCO, but then again I also had a great dealer.
Not as many years as Grumpy, but also great experience with Jayco and especially our dealer.

I contacted CS about schematics too and they weren't willing to send during the warranty period, but were more than happy to answer specific questions I may have had about the placement of something.
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 09:24 AM   #9

Quote:
You hit the nail on the head Grumpy...its the after sales service that's ultimately going to sway the decision to buy the product again.
I made that clear to our salesman...he made the first sale for Jayco, the product itself and the service will decide if we make another Jayco purchase.
Its the same in my industry...the salesmen get the first job with the new client and the field staff get the following jobs by performing to high standards.

Comment to the OP..They cannot be expected to send full schematics to everyone but they should help you out with specific areas of your concern.

Cheers
Watsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 09:33 AM   #10

It may be Jayco policy but they do bend the rules. I emailed Jayco a month after purchase asking for electrical drawings so I could install a fan in the static opening and needed to locate a power source close by, within a few hours they sent a PDF of all the electrical drawings. Maybe try not asking for so many drawings, and tell them why you need them.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 10:03 AM   #11

I have all the blueprints for my Jayco...which I asked for and received after the warranty period. During the warranty period Jayco could not of been more responsive...we have received parts directly from Jayco with no issues. Purchasing from an out of state dealer RV Express we never went back to them. We did go to Little Dealer Little Prices in Phoenix and had excellent service from them and Jayco. We could not be happier with Jayco and how they have handled any questions/warranty issues we had.

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 10:51 AM   #12

Emailed customer service before I even had the trailer all I had was the vin from the dealer . Sent me everything I asked for no questions asked ! Granted I only requested electrical & plumbing.
o2silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 11:03 AM   #13

I asked JUST for the wall where the tv mount was supposed to be mounted in the living room since there was no sticker like in the bedroom and was told no.

2018 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 212QBW TT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 03-25-2018, 12:29 PM   #14

Quote:

With that said some customer service people will bend the rule and send them. You will find many posts where people here got them and many posts where people were told no.

And if you're asking for all at one time that is probably one reason you're having trouble as well.
Just bought my Trailer last nov and Jayco sent the 12 volt and 120 volt schematics to me 3 days after requesting. If that was Jayco’s policy before, it does not appear to be now.
Old 03-25-2018, 01:18 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_Trailer_Newbe View Post
Just bought my Trailer last nov and Jayco sent the 12 volt and 120 volt schematics to me 3 days after requesting. If that was Jayco’s policy before, it does not appear to be now.
As I said some cust serv people will, some won't. It's just who you get on the phone or who get's your "e" mail.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 01:32 PM   #16

Schematics

I called Jayco custom service and told her our problem. She sent me to Forrest Mendelsohn, the retail tech. He emailed me all the wiring diagrams for our 2017 Seneca without any hesitation. We wanted to know about a 2nd inverter. We talked and the phone and email too.
jrwldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 01:40 PM   #17

Jayco build/wiring schematics, Jayco giving me a hard time

Prior to ordering my rig, called and asked for detailed dimensions as I needed them for my seasonal site. I got what I needed right away without hesitation.
They’ve also been very responsive to my warranty issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-25-2018, 02:29 PM   #18

Had both responses, only one No and several Yes. I may be lucky but I think they are good. One issue in particular, psi rating of one wheel, they were very responsive. Not sure what team answers the email, but I got lucky, have top to bottom and wiring.
Old 03-29-2018, 02:47 PM   #19

Jayco Policy

Quote:

Maybe a class action suit is called for. As an owner of their product we are entitled to all information related to their product upon request or at the time of delivery. We also do not want to hear any "proprietary" crap either.
kneeslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 03:00 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneeslider View Post
Maybe a class action suit is called for. As an owner of their product we are entitled to all information related to their product upon request or at the time of delivery. We also do not want to hear any "proprietary" crap either.
Who told you that, I have to laugh every time someone says maybe a class action lawsuit is needed, do you have any idea what it takes to get one going, it has to be something big enough to get attorneys interested in making millions. Jayco doesn't have to supply us with anything more than whats in the owners package. Try contacting Apple and request all drawings for the iPhone you own, or maybe ask GM for all electrical drawings for a truck, not going to happen.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote