Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-26-2021, 09:07 AM   #1

Jayco customer service

We purchased a 2019 Jayco Eagle 330RSTS used. We have been having trouble with the Xantex Inverter recognizing shore power. We contacted Xantrex and they walked us through a systems check. They believe the problem to be a malfunction with the inverter. The Inverter is less than two years old, they are willing to send us a new one but want a confirmation of the date of first in service from Jayco. Jayco is refusing to give us documentation because we are second owner and they said in their letter to us that all systems in the TT are void of their warranty even if they are not made by Jayco because we are the second owners. Has anyone else had a problem like this with customer service.
Carter87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 09:15 AM   #2
RPR

Get back with Xantex and let them know what Jayco said. Have the sn of the inverter to give them and see what they can do to help you out. Also post problem on Facebook if you do Facebook and it might catch someone’s eye at Jayco.
RPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 09:49 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPR View Post
Get back with Xantex and let them know what Jayco said. Have the sn of the inverter to give them and see what they can do to help you out.
But then they may not cover it since their standard warranty is only 1 year, they go 2 years for JAYCO and may even cost share with them.
Old 04-26-2021, 10:00 AM   #4

We did speak with Xantrex. They understood we were the second owners, and were the ones who told us to reach out to Jayco.
Old 04-26-2021, 10:02 AM   #5

To clarify the last message they told us to reach out to Jayco for the first owners original in service date, abd if we coulcc do provide proof that it was in Xantrex two year warranty period they would replace it.
Old 04-26-2021, 10:14 AM   #6
RPR

To bad there is not a rebuilt service. Like many things now with labor cost would cost more to rebuild than new. If they think it’s a part failure in the unit not software and there is a trade school near you with a electronics class they may be able to check components in it. Before retirement worked for company that sold and serviced electric forklift batteries and chargers. Some old chargers that had control boards go out and not made anymore they were able to check components and sometimes fix. Gave them some real world experience.
RPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 10:18 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter87 View Post
To clarify the last message they told us to reach out to Jayco for the first owners original in service date, abd if we coulcc do provide proof that it was in Xantrex two year warranty period they would replace it.
Did you get it from a dealer or individual? Either should be able to provide the date of original sale. Does your state put that info on the title?

Also I would try JAYCO again many times one rep will be hard fast and another will bend their rules.
Old 04-26-2021, 10:26 AM   #8

We have contacted the dealer we purchased it from, I will check the title. Thanks for the input.
Old 04-27-2021, 05:35 PM   #9

We contacted the dealer we purchased it from, and he said to send him the model number of the xantrex and he would replace it. We will install it because we are a 3 hour drive from him, but it appears to be a pretty easy install since it will be an exact replacement.
Old 04-27-2021, 05:49 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter87 View Post
We contacted the dealer we purchased it from, and he said to send him the model number of the xantrex and he would replace it. We will install it because we are a 3 hour drive from him, but it appears to be a pretty easy install since it will be an exact replacement.
You have a great dealer....too bad they are not all like that.
Old 04-27-2021, 05:51 PM   #11

Agreed!
Old 04-27-2021, 06:08 PM   #12

I have always found Jayco to be responsive, but in a few occasions I had to reach out to Management. In this case I would start my email with...I am the 2nd owner of...and this is not a Jayco warranty issue. Your supplier has agreed to help me solve the problem if I can get the the date when this was placed into service.
Your second option is to contact the Seller and ask them for a copy of the invoice if they still have it.
Finally, not sure what State you live in but you may be able to request the "first date of registration from you Department of Motor Vehicles.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote