Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2021, 09:35 AM   #1
Lost in the Woods

Jayco Customer Service

So I bought a 2021 Jayco X23E at an auction. Not knowing anything about it I emailed Jayco, twice, to get some information on it. Evidently, no one at Jayco can provide any information on this trailer, they said contact my local dealer, so I did. The dealer said they can't provide information on it unless I bought it from them. I just want to know what stuff is in the camper, it can't be that difficult. How the hell does Jayco stay in business if they don't keep records on the trailers they build? This isn't my first Jayco, but it will probably be my last, I am very dissappointed in this company.

Anyway, any information on how I can identify the stuff built into my trailer would be appreciated, and no the website only offers base model info, not what is specifically in my trailer.
Old 09-17-2021, 09:53 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGNod View Post
So I bought a 2021 Jayco X23E at an auction. Not knowing anything about it I emailed Jayco, twice, to get some information on it. Evidently, no one at Jayco can provide any information on this trailer, they said contact my local dealer, so I did. The dealer said they can't provide information on it unless I bought it from them. I just want to know what stuff is in the camper, it can't be that difficult. How the hell does Jayco stay in business if they don't keep records on the trailers they build? This isn't my first Jayco, but it will probably be my last, I am very dissappointed in this company.

Anyway, any information on how I can identify the stuff built into my trailer would be appreciated, and no the website only offers base model info, not what is specifically in my trailer.

I would try contacting Jayco through their Customer Service link:
https://www.jayco.com/contact-towable-service/

By entering your VIN#, they should have a list of every item that was used to build that trailer.
2019 Jayco Jayflight 28RLS (New York)
The latest government survey finds that 3 out of 4 people account for 75% of the total population.
Old 09-17-2021, 09:58 AM   #3
Lost in the Woods

Again, I have emailed Jayco twice (through their website), provided all requested info, and got jack from them.
Old 09-17-2021, 10:06 AM   #4

Quote:
So I bought a 2021 Jayco X23E at an auction.

How the hell does Jayco stay in business if they don't keep records on the trailers they build?
If you've owned a JAYCO before you should know they do not provide support to 2nd owners. That has been their policy for decades. The VIN# and your name do not match their records on file.
Old 09-17-2021, 11:08 AM   #5
Lost in the Woods

Ok, why do they have a spot in thier owners manual to transfer the warranty, if they don't.

I tried to transfer ownership through thier, process and got no where. Also, when I contacted them about my last Jayco, they had no problems giving me info on it. So, either they screwed up then, or they are screwed up now. Either way, they are no help now, and Grumpy isn't either. Anyone else?
Old 09-17-2021, 11:32 AM   #6

Quote:
Ok, why do they have a spot in thier owners manual to transfer the warranty, if they don't.
I think you are referencing the "change of ownership" for recall purposes. and possibly a motorized unit. That form clearly states "IF APPLICABLE"

Right from the warranty documentation:

This limited warranty applies to the first consumer purchaser of a new RV only. All rights
and limitations within this warranty are applicable to the original owner of the RV only. You
may contact an independent, authorized dealer for details.
Old 09-17-2021, 11:32 AM   #7
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
If you've owned a JAYCO before you should know they do not provide support to 2nd owners. That has been their policy for decades. The VIN# and your name do not match their records on file.

When I called a year or so ago the took all of my information and changed their database to list me as the current owner.

Old 09-17-2021, 01:26 PM   #8

Quote:
Same with my last one. Evidently Grumpy made them change thier policy. Which is kinda stupid, there are a crap load of used Jayco's out there that have owner's that need that information. Way to alienate customers Jayco!! (And Grumpy)
I have absolutely nothing to do with JAYCO other than being a customer and reading the paperwork
Old 09-17-2021, 02:11 PM   #9

SSGNOD, after reading all your posts , for the life of me I can’t figure out why Jayco won’t help you. You seem to be a very polite and likable fellow!
1984 gmc k1500 4x4 s/w/b. s/b 350,700r4,373 diff,.restored and upgraded( retired - sold). 2022 Chevy Z-71 Trail Boss 4x4 crew cab s/w/b 6.2 gas a/t. 2018 hummingbird Baja 16mrb,Yamaha ef2400ishc inverter.
Old 09-17-2021, 02:30 PM   #10

If the VIN# and the owner name do not match, that will be the problem. It’s all about the Privacy Policy thing now days.
Old 09-17-2021, 05:43 PM   #11
Site Team

Thread Closed
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Closed Thread