Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-14-2011, 01:56 PM   #1

Jayco Dealer Recommendation - NY, NJ, CT Area

Can anyone provide a recommendation for a Jayco dealer in the NY, NJ, CT area? I'm not looking so much for the lowest price but someone that has a good reputation for honesty, is knowledgeable about the product and provides excellent customer service.

Chime in please if you've had a good experience with a dealer in this area.
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 02:44 PM   #2

I can't recomend one in those states but I just bought a trailer from City Auto RV in Newport, NH and they have been great to deal with so far.
Curt Discovery Brake Controller

Previous Trailer:
2008 Viking 1906UD Tent Trailer (2009-2011)
bender031177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:19 PM   #3

We bought ours at Campers Barn in kingston NY..right off the thruway, easy to get to. I was very pleased with the purchase price as well as the trade offer. I really found everyone quite helpful and friendly. Though I have never needed service, I'm hoping the service is as good as the sales....
ACA6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:51 AM   #4

I can recommend Kadco Camping Center in Robbinsville, NJ....

Joe
SMI Stay-IN-Play DUO
JaycoJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:30 AM   #5

ACA6151 and JaycoJoe, Kingston, NY and Robbinsville, NJ are only a couple hours drive from me so I will have to check them out.

Bender031177, while NH isn't just down the road it's one of my favorite places. I spent a week traveling with my wife throught the White Mountains and Lakes regions. Beautiful country and our kind of place, except in the winter .

I've got a Jayco dealer about a half hour from me (W.E.S. Trailer Sales) but couldn't find any reviews on them. At some point I'll take a ride out to visit with them but knowing where a few other dealers are located, ones that come with a good recommendatiion, gives me some options if the closest guy doesn't work out.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:56 AM   #6

Got mine at Campers Barn as well, no complaints so far.
nylyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:15 AM   #7

We were at Kadco a few months ago and have bought from them before, great family owned dealer, but not much in inventory last time we were there. You might want to check out Whitehorse RV in Williamstown, NJ (South Jersey) about an hour down further from Kadco if you're looking for more inventory. Bought our Eagle Superlite 314 BDS from Al there, great experience, bigger dealer than Kadco. We originally bought our Jayco 1207 PUP from Kadco and another great experience.

www.whitehorserv.com is the site.

Good luck!
rschwarzwalder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:19 PM   #8

I took a trip out to W.E.S. Trailer Sales in Wading River (about 30 miles from me). They have about 30 ~ 40 units of various sizes on the lot. I meet a salesperson that gave me a brief walk around/through a Jayco Swift 184BH they had on the lot. He answered a few questions, we discussed tow requirements, registration and insurance cost, training they provide to first time owners, he gave me a brochure, his business cared and then left me alone to explore the unit. No high powered sales pitch and when I was done we talk rv parks, camping and motorcycles.

I was very pleased with my first contact.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:40 PM   #9

I got mine at Campers Barn in Kingston NY also. Only had one issue when my house battery went dead after about 3 months. Brought it back and they swapped it out no problem.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:34 AM   #10

2edgesworld. We made the journey to Albany RV (RVdirect). You can get an online quote built to your specs in minutes for comparison shopping and some leverage in your deal. We wound up buying from them and the experience was pleasant.

I have not required factory service so I cannot say what the experience would be if I do from any dealer. Worst cast is that I exercise my ext warranty for the $100.00 ded. and let them come to me if it's something I can't handle.

Good luck in your search.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:03 AM   #11

W.E.S. Trailers in Wading River. I bought mine from a private sale, but everyone I knew who had a trailer recommened them. I go there for parts & service and they know there stuff. I had gone to them to see the same model trailer I bought first to see if I liked it because I purchased mine from upstate NY.
cpa0912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 06:54 AM   #12

a note on albany rv..a customer at our repair shop brought his 2011 class A $82,000 motor home in this week, that he bought at albany RV. He WAS leaving on vacation on monday but his electrical system is shutting down. if he's lucky enough to get the slides out, they wont retract, jack will lower and then overextend, and wont retract and steps will not retract without manual assistance. Albany will not see him till middle of August. Not quite certain how I would handle that, but pretty sure, I would be done with albany RV!
ACA6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:09 PM   #13

More happy buyers who purchased their trailers from Whitehorse RV in Williamstown, N.J. The office people, parts people, and shop people go out of their way to satisfy you. Rick Whitney ( Sales Manager ) Bill ( Parts Dept. ) Penny & Mike ( Service Dept. ) are super people to work with. My brother who lives on Long Island, N.Y. purchased a left over 2010 - 30.5 RLS - 5th wheel in 11/2010. My wife and I also live on Long Island, N.Y. and purchased a left over 2010 - 29.5 RKS - 5 th wheel in 3/2011. This dealer is 320 miles round trip for both of us, but has made us happy to have made the choice to travel this distance for our purchases.

Disclaimer: Neither my brother, my wife or I have any affiliation with this dealer. We are just happy customers.
The Way Life Should Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:59 PM   #14

Thanks for the recommendatiions folks!
Old 07-26-2011, 03:31 PM   #15

We purchased a 2011 Greyhawk 31 ds in May from White Horse Rv. They went above and beyond to make sure we got what we were looking for. I would highly recommend them!
psw757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:15 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2edgesword View Post
I took a trip out to W.E.S. Trailer Sales in Wading River (about 30 miles from me). They have about 30 ~ 40 units of various sizes on the lot. I meet a salesperson that gave me a brief walk around/through a Jayco Swift 184BH they had on the lot. He answered a few questions, we discussed tow requirements, registration and insurance cost, training they provide to first time owners, he gave me a brochure, his business cared and then left me alone to explore the unit. No high powered sales pitch and when I was done we talk rv parks, camping and motorcycles.

I was very pleased with my first contact.

We just bought our Swift from WES this month, our sailesman was KENNY, young guy, very nice, no pushing us into somethung we didnt want. They gave us a GREAT deal, everything went super well! I highly recomend them!

https://blog.graywriterrv.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/rv-dump-icon.jpg
CampRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:58 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampRock View Post
We just bought our Swift from WES this month, our sailesman was KENNY, young guy, very nice, no pushing us into somethung we didnt want. They gave us a GREAT deal, everything went super well! I highly recomend them!
Camprock, is this your first RV purchase? How thorough was the show and tell (going over systems, maintenance, towing procedure, etc.)?
Old 08-04-2011, 04:56 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2edgesword View Post
Camprock, is this your first RV purchase? How thorough was the show and tell (going over systems, maintenance, towing procedure, etc.)?
This is our second RV purchase, the first was Eddies in Medford, I do NOT recommend them...terrible.

Our new Swift is with WES and they got it delivered to us within 2 weeks and the walk through was very thorough. They saw we did not have a hitch with the correct height, they gave us a new one, no charge, we did not have a sway bar, they hooked us up with one, no charge, they were excellent, I have no complaints so far. We left knowing where everything was and how to use it.

https://blog.graywriterrv.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/rv-dump-icon.jpg
CampRock is offline   Reply With Quote