Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-07-2019, 08:05 PM   #1

Smile Jayco did good

I have a 2018 Eagle HT 306RKDS, and have towed it 6000 miles or so. After reading many stories of worn-through suspension bushings, I decided to get ahead of the game by installing wet bolts and bronze bushings. After purchasing the wet bolt kit, I took the trailer a month ago to my mechanic for installation (it's very cold here this time of year!). Imagine my surprise when he showed me the original-equipment bronze bushings, several of which had completely worn through! I messaged Jayco, describing that I had intended doing an upgrade and my surprise to discover that it should have been a warranty claim made at a Jayco dealer. I included photos of the bushings and copies of my parts and labor invoices. Today I received a check from Jayco for the full cost of parts and labor. Way to go, Jayco!

I see many posts complaining of Jayco's quality and service, and thought it appropriate to point out an instance of good service.
Yes, we have had a number of warranty issues with our trailer, but they have been taken care of by Jayco and our dealer, RCD in Pataskala OH.
JerryJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 08:10 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryJ View Post
I see many posts complaining of Jayco's quality and service, and thought it appropriate to point out an instance of good service.
Yes, we have had a number of warranty issues with our trailer, but they have been taken care of by Jayco and our dealer, RCD in Pataskala OH.
I think you will find that is the norm, not the exception especially if you have a good dealer. RCD has had a good reputation in the past too.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 10:51 PM   #3

Always good to hear a positive story. Thanks!

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 08:07 AM   #4

I also have had a good experience with Jayco. They repainted the faded front cap of my FW and corrected a few warranty issues recently. I think all manufacturers now a days have quality issues but having a good dealer to resolve problems is the key to keeping customers happy.
1carguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 04:40 PM   #5

Thanks for sharing. We have found good service at two different dealers up near Cleveland also.

2019 Whitehawk 28RL
2018 Ford F150 3.5 Ecoboost w/3.55

Dennis, Cindy, Philip, and Sarah
Ohiofinlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 08:32 PM   #6

Too bad Jayco don't just put on wet bolts in the first place since lots of folks are having their bushings wear fast.

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 09:18 PM   #7

Smile Warranty Work

I also have had a few items repaired under warranty. My dealer Johnny Walker, Las Vegas, Nv has been great. 2018, 31UL Precept
rasunrise is offline   Reply With Quote