Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-26-2011, 02:10 PM   #1

Jayco Folding Table Option?

Does anyone have this or has seen it in person? I cannot seem to locate much information on the web other than:

"Jay Feather Sport Folding Table w/Bench $57.00
You can always use more surface area add Jayco's folding table with bench seat - play games, eat, prep area, etc…"

We just purchased the x18d and since it has the wide bench (and we have alot of kids in the family) I was thinking this would be a nice addon to have for the money to extend our inside eating area.

Here is the floorplan of the model showing the table option in place:

Thanks in advance for any feedback/input.
mudmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:48 PM   #2

I think it would be $57 very well spent.
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 04:35 PM   #3

Extra table room is nice. We don't have that model, but 2 adults and 2 kids seated at our table is tight. Our tt will sleep 7 comfortably, but the extra 3 people have to sit on the couch without a table. It sounds like the added table may be the way to go
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 05:05 PM   #4

I've Google'd about everything I can think of and can't find a picture of anything of this setup. Based on the wording, I expect there is a freestanding table that has an attached bench that folds out on one side. That way I can use the bench that extends the front width of the camper and have the table "provide" the other bench part. I see that there are folding table options for various models, but I'm wondering if this one is unique to the x18d (or other small trailers).
Old 04-26-2011, 08:01 PM   #5

Have you contacted a Jayco dealer about the dinette? Who knows, they might have a unit on the lot with one that you could take a look at.
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 06:36 AM   #6

I just bought my x18d from my local dealer so I know it's the only one they had. I've searched and looked at many pictures of other x18d's listed online and can't find one that has a photo of the extra table in it. It seems like it may be a very specialized part that may only work in a limited number of the TTs. There are quite a few with the U shaped dinette with a different folding table, but it's not this particular one.

For the $57 I may just have my dealer order it anyway. I could be the first person to actually see one and get any info posted on the Internet about it.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:20 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudmutt View Post
I just bought my x18d from my local dealer so I know it's the only one they had. I've searched and looked at many pictures of other x18d's listed online and can't find one that has a photo of the extra table in it. It seems like it may be a very specialized part that may only work in a limited number of the TTs. There are quite a few with the U shaped dinette with a different folding table, but it's not this particular one.

For the $57 I may just have my dealer order it anyway. I could be the first person to actually see one and get any info posted on the Internet about it.
Did you get this table? I've been trying to locate pics as well.
geoffdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 02:46 PM   #8

I have not yet. I was able to get more information from my dealer on the table. Unfortunately it's a $57 option when the trailer is ordered *new* but more expensive to purchase from the dealer after the fact. I think that's a bunch of crap, but it is what it is. if anyone has a lead on Jayco parts where they can be purchased direct and cheaper, please let me know.

This is the response I received from my dealer:

Quote:
I received the info on the optional table from Jayco this morning. All together the table will run you $135 plus tax. Unfortunately it will not come with all the pieces attached (legs, stiffeners). If you would like us to assemble the parts it would run you $55. I would figure 3-4 week lead time once ordered to receive the parts. If you would like me to order this for you just let me know.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:45 PM   #9

Our X20E cam with the table. Quite sturdy, and we know we are going to use it.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:44 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudmutt View Post
I have not yet. I was able to get more information from my dealer on the table. Unfortunately it's a $57 option when the trailer is ordered *new* but more expensive to purchase from the dealer after the fact. I think that's a bunch of crap, but it is what it is. if anyone has a lead on Jayco parts where they can be purchased direct and cheaper, please let me know.

This is the response I received from my dealer:
Yeah, that's what I figured. It really doesn't bother me too bad since we got such a great deal on the camper to begin with, and it's got every other option besides, but I understand where you're coming from. I actually called Jayco up directly yesterday to find out what in fact the part is. The sales rep I talked to said it is simply a folding table with a formica top to match the other countertops/dinette table. He even went so far as to steer me toward a trip to Wal-Mart to buy a folding table since it's not that special.

I think in our case that's the route we'll take. We're more concerned about having a table/tables for outside. I did see a coleman set of two tables that you can join together in different configs for the same price as the option price.
geoffdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote