Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-30-2018, 01:20 PM   #21

Not good news at all, we were 1800 kms from home and got through to Jayco to authorize a service call from a dealer in Nova Scotia. Would hate to have to wait for a call back.
livewire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 02:42 PM   #22

It took them about 26 hours to call back. Once they did call back I received the same courteous, excellent service and help that I have always received when talking to technical support.

In regards to having to get technical support immediately......I do not know if I had told the call center person that it was an emergency due to breaking down on the road, etc., that maybe they have a process that would get you to somebody immediately.
Andersen WDH
560 watts solar, roof mounted and portable suitcases
2000 watt PSW Inverter
OregonPerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 05:52 PM   #23

Not good for Jayco owners! Call today about my Hummingbird on going warranty work since April. "Still know results" To see if they can light a fire to get my dealer to do something! Lady said tech would get back to me in 48 hrs. Asked her why the change? over-whelm on the tech's. If they put quality control back on there products tech's wouldn't be over-whelm!
hummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 05:58 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post
Asked her why the change? over-whelm on the tech's. If they put quality control back on there products tech's wouldn't be over-whelm!
QC would help, but with the volume of units they are building and the fact many issues are with components techs would still be overwhelmed in my opinion.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 01:28 PM   #25

I’ve used 800-283-8267 with success. 8am to 5pm est M to F. I contacted parts and transfered to motor home tech. Worked slick. Good luck.
Dancingqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 02:36 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancingqueen View Post
I’ve used 800-283-8267 with success. 8am to 5pm est M to F. I contacted parts and transfered to motor home tech. Worked slick. Good luck.

Does this work from Canada? I called and got this recorded message: "Thank you for calling. If you know the extension of the person you want to reach, you may dial it now."

No company name. No hours of operation. No opportunity to leave a message. Nothing. Is this Jayco?

Thanks.
larryanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 02:54 PM   #27

This is a holiday weekend in the States. You might want to wait til Tuesday. Good luck
Dancingqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 09:15 PM   #28

NOPE! Jayco is horrible. Stuck with my 2016 29MV with multiple issues and no help from them. If it wasn't for a really good dealer, I would have taken my chances with arbitration. Never Jayco never again!!! Making the best of it though with thousands of our own money to correct shoddy work and bad design. Read the message boards before you buy any RV.
Old 09-02-2018, 02:22 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdawg View Post
I think that's a great move on the part of Jayco. I wish they would provide the same service for parts since the dealer never seems to have anything in stock.

Jim
Jim I've had issues getting parts from our Jayco dealer too. But I just left a message on the Jayco site and they got back with me and gave me the part number I needed (https://www.jayco.com/site/contact/parts/?thanks=true) Then I had the Jayco dealer order the part. Without that information I had two Jayco dealers that ordered the wrong part for me. What a bunch of incompetent people these RV dealers are.
Jeff Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 10:03 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonPerson View Post
Just an FYI,

I had a technical question about my unit and called the Jayco Technical Support phone number and was greeted by a representative who said Jayco has implemented a call center due to volume of calls.

Now when you call, a call center person takes your name, phone number, and last 8 of your VIN, asks what you want help with.....then they tell you a technician will call you back within 24-48 hours. Have to wait and see how well this is followed through with.

The immediate access and good customer and technical support has been an important reason I have been purchasing Jayco products.

What is the technical support number you called?
Jenny Darlington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 09:14 PM   #31

I use 1-800-283-8267 then select the appropriate choice from the voice menus.
Andersen WDH
560 watts solar, roof mounted and portable suitcases
2000 watt PSW Inverter
OregonPerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 05:44 PM   #32

Emergency service needed on weekend

Does it seem odd to anyone else that you can only reach Jayco customer support Monday through a Friday? Do they not know we use our RV’s more on weekends than any other time? Can’t even discuss problems or get authorization for repair on weekends! Sitting here in nowhere Oregon with no a/c & it’s hot! Is 24-48 hour callback on Monday (today is Saturday). Going to be a likelyoption? Always heard about goodJayco customer service has not been my experience to date!

2019 Jayco 26 XD our third trip out & a/c croaks! Not a happy camper!
jkkinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 05:53 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkkinder View Post
Does it seem odd to anyone else that you can only reach Jayco customer support Monday through a Friday? Do they not know we use our RV’s more on weekends than any other time? Can’t even discuss problems or get authorization for repair on weekends! Sitting here in nowhere Oregon with no a/c & it’s hot! Is 24-48 hour callback on Monday (today is Saturday). Going to be a likelyoption? Always heard about goodJayco customer service has not been my experience to date!

If there are no RV service people open or in the area what can JAYCO do anyway?
Old 07-13-2019, 07:03 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkkinder View Post

Be glad you’re not here in Florida with no A/C. Sorry to hear of your predicament. When this episode is a memory, suggest you join an RV club of your liking (e.g., FMCA, Good Sam) and get on their 24/7 service plan. Sometimes you can google ‘RV mobile repair’ and get a hit or two in your area too. Good luck staying cool!
Crossingover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 09:18 AM   #35

Tech Support Phone number

Whats the phone number leaving on a cross county trip the 30th! Thanks
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote