Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-21-2017, 01:39 AM   #1

Jayco Jayflight slx 267BHSW newbie

Hi, I really need help! I bought a Jay flight slx 267 BHSW and am out in it for the first time. I can't figure out how to start the water heater or the heater! It's pretty cold where we are at right now so heat would be really nice, along with some hot water!!! Any help would be appreciated. I looked under the control panel below the stove and everything looked fine there, but nothing for the heat or hot water.
Sueb92595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 03:16 AM   #2

Is it a new camper or used? Are you hooked up to electric or using battery? Were they working before and stopped?

Sorry if these questions seem obvious, but just running down the checklist to make sure...

Do you have the propane tank turned on?
Can you ignite the stove burner?
Did you check all the breakers in panel?
Do you have the thermostat switched to "heat" and temp set to around 70°?

Do you have the hot water heater filled up with water?
Is the switch for the hot water heater turned on for gas or electric if your hooked up to power? It might take a little bit to heat up the water at first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2015 RAM 3500HD Cummins Turbo Diesel, Tradesman Crew Cab 4WD
Duke_26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 04:06 AM   #3

Turn your propane on at the cylinder.

Furnace thermostat is on the wall by the table. Move the little tab on the top to the on position and set the temp.

Fill your hot water tank. I usually just run the hot water tap until no air comes out. The heater switch is on the little pad that shows the water and battery levels. It is labeled heater, turn it on. You can hear it turn on from the vent outside by the rear storage. It may take a few attempts.

As the previous poster said, you can verify propane is on by lighting a burner on the stove.
Old 03-24-2017, 01:50 AM   #4

Thank you for the systematic help! I had done everything except turn the propane on. I thought when I was on full hook-ups it went in electric mode. Turning that on made a world of difference! We are now warm with warm water

Sorry it took so long to reply, I was able to read it on my phone, but couldn't reply. First time I've had internet access again.
Old 03-24-2017, 04:10 AM   #5

Glad to hear you were able to get it figured out from the suggestions above.

Do you know for sure if your hot water heater has the electric option? Last I knew (Jayco does change things) the SLX models only had a propane water heater, not both propane and electric. Though maybe there was an option for it on the SLX.

Enjoy the new rig!!!

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

WDH SET UP. HOW A WDH WORKS. CAT SCALE HOW TO.
need-a-vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 10:32 AM   #6

No, I'm going to stop by a Camping World (where I bought it) on the way home and ask. In all the literature I have I can't find the info. In the mean time, we are now warm and toasty with propane, it is working great! There was so much info verbally when I bought it I could be wrong and it was just the refrigerator that was both. Thanks for the help!
Old 02-02-2018, 11:27 AM   #7

I'd like to ask you 2018 267 bhsw (mine is Rocky Mountain pkg, not sure if that makes a difference) owners if you have a second switch in your dinette on the wall? One switch controls the light over dinette, the wall sconce, and the puck light over couch. The other? No idea. Anyone know?

Retired:
Forest River Shamrock 21SS Hybrid (Roo clone)
Coleman Santa Fe PUP
2007 Crewmax Toyota Tundra 5.7L V8
ColoJayco is offline   Reply With Quote