Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-22-2016, 09:37 AM   #1

Jayco Like Family

I would just like to share my experience at the jayco factory on Monday Sept. 19th. My wife and I had an appointment to get a few repairs done on our 2016 jayco precept UL. When we arrived we were greeted by Scott Simerman the assistant manager factory service. We were told that all our work would be done in one day and when we left we would be very satisfied. That was an understatement. Scott personally came to our coach and looked at all our concerns but also added a few of his own. He said other precept owners had some issues and he would correct them on mine before they too became an issue. My wife and I then went to visit Bill Isley who is our customer service rep. He has helped us out on numerous occasions. He came out to meet us and arranged a personal tour of the factory. Paul Martin another customer rep took us on a tour and I might add a tour that I am sure no one else gets. We were met by Mark Ulitz who is the plant manager who accompanied us on the tour. Not only were we able to see the units being made we were able to go up close and personal with them. I was able to see where things were added and asked questions on how they operated and who better to ask than the boss. When the tour was over we were told of some of the wonderful things to see around the area. When we returned our coach was finished and ready to go. At this point I really didn't to start a long journey so I was set up in their special parking lot with water and electric and a dump station if I needed it. After a good night sleep we said goodbye to all the great people at the Jayco Plant. We even got shirts at their little gift shop. I really would like to thank the wonderful employees at Jayco.
Djtommysr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 10:39 AM   #2

Nice to hear about a positive experience for a change!

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 12:23 PM   #3

We had a similar experience in May when we picked up our 35UN, we had a leaking main slide, a few minor issues and I had a modification done, replaced the accordion door with a solid sliding door, The team at Jayco did a fantastic job of modifying the coach, It came out spectacular! Because of all the issues I had with my dealer regarding the door, Jayco gave me an oil change and genny service. They paid all expenses NJ to Indy and back, twice ( I dropped off the coach in February). We too had a factory tour, except the factory was already closed (Friday) so they opened the factory, turned on the lights and we got up close and personal with the units, Cody our guide was fantastic, Everyone at the Service Center was great! I cannot say enough about the Jayco Team, glad to hear you got the same treatment! seems to be a pattern when getting work done at Jayco.
Attached Thumbnails
36UN at CS.jpg  
nma33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 09:48 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to jaycojay Send a message via MSN to jaycojay
Way back in 2000, i had a water leak issue with my '99 LiteHawk. I contacted Jayco Customer Service regarding the problem. The dealer i had the trailer at (not my selling dealer) was going to do a patch up repair. My selling dealer, who was over 2hrs away, advised me to not allow them t, and to contact Jayco. I called Jayco, and talked to a gentleman named John Macdonald. Sound familier? Yes, he is the same guy who does the youtube video about building a Jayco that so many have negative comments about. Anyways, he arranged to have my trailer picked up in Ontario, and taken back to the plant to be repaired. When it was done, i went to pick it up, got a tour of the huge service facility, tour of the plant, and a brought back to new condition LiteHawk. That was in February, in the Spring that year, i noticed stress cracks in the fiberglass, on the door side, along the bottom. Called John Macdonald, yes, that same guy..... he figured they must have tightened the body down to tight when they replaced thefloor. He was going to order a new complete door side wall, arrange to have my trailer picked up at home and back to the plant. Wow ...... thats impressive. While waiting for the wall to come in, i started thinking, is it ever going to be right? Back on the phone to John, and i told him my concerns..... he would get back to me. That afternoon, i recv'd a call from a lady who was head of Customer Relations. We discussed by back..... she asked me to let Jayco fix the problem, and she promised not to stop, till i was completely satisfied. I told that woman that day, with that kind of commitment from Jayco, that i would never buy any other brand of trailer in the future. Not sure ifshe would have kept her end of the bargain, because i traded itin before it went back for repairs. I have kept mine though, and 14 or so Jaycos later..... i'm still a part of the Jayco Family with my 2016 Jayflight SLX
jaycojay is offline   Reply With Quote