Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-13-2015, 07:58 PM   #21

We have only had a few "minor" issues with our TT. All were handled by our local dealer in warranty with no questions asked. Our dealer (Voyager RV) in Winfield BC has been great through sales AND service. I highly recommend them to others looking for an RV. We are very happy Jayco owners.

Andersen Hitch.
'07 Northern Lite 10-2RR Camper.
SuperSprings.
Northern Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 10:51 PM   #22

I hope JohnsonR can find the help he needs with his unit. I find it hard to believe Jayco would not respond to your request. I had my second new Jayco arrive with the wrong furniture, mine was a factory order and Jayco had decided that they would do a inline change of the furniture I ordered. I know the frustration you feel. I had reached out to Jayco online and had a reply the next day. This has taken a bit of footwork, but in the end, Jayco agreed to ship the furniture right across the country to make this deal right. I'm positive the trucking alone is what the furniture is worth at best. I will be doing the walk thru next Friday, even before the section couch shows up. I'm pleased with Jayco and my dealers response to my situation, hope you can resolve all your problems before the 2 yr warranty in up. Good luck to you.

68 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 08:05 AM   #23

I have contacted Jayco only once. Nowhere in the massive pile of manuals in our Greyhawk was anything on the keyless door lock. I emailed Jayco and very quickly received a PDF of the lock manual by email.

2014 Greyhawk 31FK
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc
NC Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 08:36 AM   #24

I have called Jayco many many times, and they always took care of my problem right away.
Old 03-14-2015, 09:04 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonr View Post
To answer your question I do have the unit. I picked it up in May 2014. I am still trying to get it to a new condition. The dealer told me they were ordering parts from Jayco last July.
Johnsonr,

I'm not trying to bash or flame you, but I'm a little confused. You still haven't told us what is the problem you are having with the trailer. What "parts" were ordered? You said you were ". . . trying to get it to a new condition". Did your purchase a new or used trailer?

If you give us a little more specific information, we may be able to give you some help/advise on the issues you are having.

Please respond.
Old 03-14-2015, 08:23 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
Johnsonr,

I'm not trying to bash or flame you, but I'm a little confused. You still haven't told us what is the problem you are having with the trailer. What "parts" were ordered? You said you were ". . . trying to get it to a new condition". Did your purchase a new or used trailer?

If you give us a little more specific information, we may be able to give you some help/advise on the issues you are having.

Please respond.
I purchased a new trailer. I had the following issues:
1) Rusty stove
2) Cracked hitch wheel
3) Protective cover over the aluminum tube to support the folded down sink was missing.
4) Missing valve stem cover
5) Scratched countertop
6) Stabalizer crank had rust and glue all over it.
7) Thumb latches in the awning pole dislodged and stuck inside the pole the first time I opened it.

1) and 2) were fixed at delivery when we kicked up a fuss.

On 3) the salesman was adamant that I had to put a cardboard box under the end of the aluminum tube to protect the flooring.

The service manager had me bring it back in late June / early July to fix 4), 6) and look at what was needed for 5) and 7). 3) was fixed. 4) and 6) were not fixed. The parts for 5) and 7) were not immediately ordered and weren't here when my trailer had to go to storage.

More generally on this thread, Todd's friend has my VIN, phone number and details of my problems. I think Todd has promised to comment on my authenticity.
johnsonr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 08:28 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayHawk51 View Post
If you post your complaint on Facebook (jayco), You will get a response within 48 hrs. I did.....
I have to chuckle. My wife has friends who worked in the Canadian Parliament and Facebook went through those circles about 3 to 6 months before it really went mainstream. When she signed up and showed it to me I told her it looked like some silly fad so I haven't been able to open an account!
Old 03-14-2015, 08:46 PM   #28

The other thing I realized. I thought I had complained about the dealer on this forum before I even took delivery of the trailer. When I look back, it was another forum.

RV Canada in Ottawa
Old 03-14-2015, 09:05 PM   #29

OP, all those are things the DEALER is supposed to handle. When you bought the trailer did you do a walkthrough with the dealer and point out issues? Did you get WRITTEN verification of the issues and a commitment to repair within X days from the dealer? If not, you aren't going to get those things repaired. Everything you mention is called "wear and tear". If Jayco has no proof that this damage occurred BEFORE you took possession, they won't authorize it to be repaired.

The stove was likely not rusty when Jayco installed it. I just sold my 17 year old trailer and we had no rust on the stove, even after 17 years of use.
I have no idea what a "hitch wheel" is.
Again... no idea what #3 is.
A valve stem? The dealer could have taken one off another rig or off an old tire that they had replaced, etc.
Scratches happen, did you mention it on your walk through and get the dealer to agree to replace it? Again... the DEALER is your go-to here, not the manufacturer.
Stabilizer cranks will get surface rust, that's the nature of the beast. You can keep them lubricated, which means they will pick up dirt and get the dirt in the mechanism. The paint won't last too many up and down cycles.
Thumb latches are another DEALER issue.

None of these issues really sound like something to get bent out of shape about. Either they were documented and the dealer has dropped the ball or they weren't documented and you dropped the ball.
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 09:26 PM   #30

Yes those are Dealer issues with the exception of the awning pole. It broke the first time I used it which makes it a warranty issue.

Jayco protects their dealers from competition on Jayco sales within the dealers markets. What does Jayco want in return?

If Jayco's customers all stopped buying Jayco's products because the dealers treated the customers like crap, Jayco would be out of business.

When I try to e-mail Jyco, the autoreply I get says

"Your inquiry has been forwarded to the appropriate Jayco Customer Service team member who will contact you directly."...
"At Jayco, we promise to provide you the best service possible - before, during and after the sale"

It does not say you will be contacted unless you are e-mailing about a dealer problem. Does Jayco really care about what their customers think of purchasing a Jayco?