Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-12-2015, 06:33 PM   #1

Jayco Loves Their Owners

I read all over the internet that Jayco loves their owners. I bought a Jayco trailer because it was Jayco. I loved looking at the Rockwood dealer but in the end it wasn't a Jayco. I have had an absolutely miserable experience dealing with RV Canada. I have read reviews telling me that if I regret having purchased a Jayco trailer that Jayco Customer Service would want to talk to me.

I tried e-mailing them. No answer.

I have tried phoning about three times. The closest I got to anyone caring was that on a Friday in late October or early November they put me through to the voice mail of whoever manages their relationship with RV Canada. He was traveling in Europe and would return home that weekend. They told me he would want to talk to me Monday or Tuesday.

The next time I tried calling was late November and their customer service department was closed for Thanksgiving.

I think in the end Jayco are out for a buck like anyone else and I question if they really care about their owners.

The Rockwood dealer in my city would have been so much nicer to take delivery from.
johnsonr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 06:38 PM   #2

so I guess my question is do you have the unit and why aren't you happy with it that you would need to talk to jayco and not the dealer where you purchased it
Old 03-12-2015, 06:44 PM   #3

i have had a Jayco for 11 years and just purchased a new one. I received great customer service. I am NOT in Canada though.
mhuntington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 07:13 PM   #4

To answer your question I do have the unit. I picked it up in May 2014. I am still trying to get it to a new condition. The dealer told me they were ordering parts from Jayco last July.

From July until November I checked back with them on the parts roughly every two weeks and they told me they would call Jayco and call me back. No calls back.

I put the deposit down in May and they told me I would have the trailer in two weeks. Nobody called to schedule delivery. I called 4 times to discuss delivery but nobody returned my calls. In the end I raised my voice with the salesman and he had the trailer deliver a week late.

Ultimately I hear people on this forum and elsewhere talk about how awesome Jayco is. I selected a Jayco trailer over a Rockwood in large part due to that (at least) perception. The Rockwood trailer had more goodies, was $1500 less and was being sold by an 80 year old proprietor with an A+ BBB rating. I bought the Jayco because it was Jayco.
johnsonr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 07:26 PM   #5

Wow, sorry you are having such a rough time. Maybe someone from Jayco will read your posts and respond. Good luck
fielro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 07:32 PM   #6

Sure sounds like you have a dealer issue not a JAYCO issue.
Old 03-12-2015, 08:26 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Grumpy nailed it.
fielro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 08:26 PM   #8

I don't send e-mails. I want to talk to someone direct.

I must admit though, your thread title was/is a little mis-leading as I expected to read something else.....
Gerard
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 08:36 PM   #9

I have only contacted Jayco twice and both times they got back to me in a timely manor.
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 10:43 PM   #10

I don't have any issues with RV Canada or Jayco. Although the employees at RV Canada are somewhat laid back and perhaps not too quick to jump, they have always taken care of me and my concerns. I've bought both trailers I've owned from RV Canada, been patient with them and always left with what I want or need.

I've emailed Jayco in the past and they responded within a day.

When I bought my popup from them, My DW and I signed the papers for a New Jayco 2009 8ft Pop-up. We were told it had electric brakes because we planned to tow it with our 2009 Rondo which had a 2000lbs limit. (LOL) that didn't happen as I soon realized the TV would not suffice with a 1500Lbs Pop UP. That's when I got my Tacoma.

However when we went to pick up the PUP we noticed during the walk through that there were no electric Brakes on the 8ft PUP.. RV Can admitted the fault was theirs and offered to order a new axle with the Electric brakes from Dexter. After waiting just over 2 weeks, I went in and said we had plans and sites booked and we needed a trailer. That's when they stepped up and gave us a brand new 2012 Sport 10 PUP straight up which was worth 3k more than we paid for the 8ft.

So they are not really that bad, just sounds like you and RV Can have a disjoint of some sort.

Just last weekend I went in to look at a couple of 2015 TT's and an X23B for fun and I left with a FREE 6x9 RV Mat just for stopping by. DW wants to use it to place under her new Hammock.
Equalizer 10k WD, Prodigy P3 Controller, TST TPMS

2012 - Jayco Sport 10 Popup - Traded
Dagwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 11:16 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonr View Post
I selected a Jayco trailer over a Rockwood in large part due to that (at least) perception. The Rockwood trailer had more goodies, was $1500 less and was being sold by an 80 year old proprietor with an A+ BBB rating. I bought the Jayco because it was Jayco.
Forgive me, but I'm always leery of a someone complaining about a product in a forum filled with aficionados of that particular brand, who drops the name of a competitor's product (twice on the same thread), lists the disadvantages of that brand in great detail when it has absolutely nothing to do with the issue, is vague about the issue, and only has a history of 3 posts.

Competitors pay trolls to do exactly what you are doing. Email me offline and I will give you the email address of someone at Jayco who can address your issues. If you don't, and/or I don't hear back from my contact at Jayco, then I guess we will know I'm right.
Old 03-13-2015, 09:55 AM   #12

I had a horrible time with the Dealer. They hardly even knew anything about the rig. However, when calling and emailing Jayco (motor division) I have gotten great response.
Why do so many RV dealer stink? I would not want jerks and poorly prepaired people selling my stuff...
TX_Arvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 10:09 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Klassy View Post
Forgive me, but I'm always leery of a someone complaining about a product in a forum filled with aficionados of that particular brand, who drops the name of a competitor's product (twice on the same thread), lists the disadvantages of that brand in great detail when it has absolutely nothing to do with the issue, is vague about the issue, and only has a history of 3 posts.

Competitors pay trolls to do exactly what you are doing. Email me offline and I will give you the email address of someone at Jayco who can address your issues. If you don't, and/or I don't hear back from my contact at Jayco, then I guess we will know I'm right.
Nailed it Todd - The approach and wording sure reads like a TROLL - 3 posts ever and almost a year of ownership - The stated issues and no posts here for advice?

A join date of May 2014 and the 3 posts made seem to be in the same TROLL thread -

so to johnsonr: if your not a TROLL and really are looking for some help/advice, you have provided a perfect example of how NOT to ask an enthusiast community. Maybe Try again...

2015 Jayco 38FLSA - Loaded -

B&W Companion 20K slider hitch
KC_GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 10:17 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_Arvee View Post
I had a horrible time with the Dealer. They hardly even knew anything about the rig. However, when calling and emailing Jayco (motor division) I have gotten great response.
Why do so many RV dealer stink? I would not want jerks and poorly prepaired people selling my stuff...
Don't think JAYCO can get much info about a dealer before they start selling the products. I think they still have a 50 mile exclusivity sales area too.
Old 03-13-2015, 12:18 PM   #15

And hence the reason I chirped up to state the Dealer here in Ottawa may not be the best, but they sure as heck stepped up without much fuss for me when I had an issue.

I mean how many dealerships upgrade you from a 2009 8ft PUP to 2012 10ft PUP for no additional cost?
Equalizer 10k WD, Prodigy P3 Controller, TST TPMS

2012 - Jayco Sport 10 Popup - Traded
Dagwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 04:23 PM   #16

If you post your complaint on Facebook (jayco), You will get a response within 48 hrs. I did.....

Any man can treat a lady right for one night, but it takes a great man to treat her right for the rest of her life.
GrayHawk51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 05:41 PM   #17

I don't think johnsonr is a troll. His first post was in May 2014 asking about how to fit a bike rack. I think that the quality of Jayco units and dealers is variable, he got a unit and a dealer that are not of excellent quality.

johnsonr got some good replies about the best way to contact Jayco to insure a response, and to me those replies are helpful but some others are not. As I understand it, the purpose of this forum is to help Jayco owners with problems, not to call them negative names such as "troll". I hope that that will cease.
There's lots of advice and information in forums... sometimes it is correct. For example, all of my posts are made by a political appointee who got the job as a reward for contributions to my diesel bill.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2021 Chevy Duramax; Pullrite Superglide Hitch

RVhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 05:44 PM   #18

x3 on Grumpy's comment.
I think most of us find that we like Jayco products.
But that doesn't mean that all of the dealers that sell Jayco products are angels.
I really like my travel trailer, but I will NEVER go back to the dealership where I bought it.
dewey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 05:50 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
I would say you are 100% right.
Old 03-13-2015, 06:34 PM   #20

I've been wanting to put another roof vent in the bedroom area of my 5er so I emailed jayco yesterday requesting the roof truss schematic. I had a reply, with the attached drawing within 1/2 hour...seems like Jayco loves THIS owner .

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote