Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-22-2018, 08:53 PM   #21
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALJO View Post
Manufacturers can't play in on every wish from customers. To much diversity. If you really wish something; create if yourself.
That is something I've wanted to do for years. Problem with building a trailer is that you will lose big time on resale and be lucky to get 20 cents back on the dollar. Another problem is to build it properly, it will weigh a ton. I've always wanted to buy an Airstream shell and design my own interior, but give myself a smack on the side of the head. Yes, I've built trailers before, but on a much smaller scale. Here's the last one I built from scratch. Aluminum skinned with hand laid fiberglass fenders to match the tow vehicle.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC01026.jpg   DSC01030.jpg  
Danno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 06:27 AM   #22

The place to go to look at RVs and TTs is the Hershey RV Show in Hershey, PA every September, (https://www.prvca.org/rv-show/consumer-info).

They have everything there.

They even have camping available.

Plan on spending 2 days if you are looking to buy.

However, I would not recommend buying there. The Internet and the phone is a great tool for getting the best price. When I bought my Seneca I called every dealer in Ohio and ended up getting $30K more for my trade by driving 2 1/2 hours than if I would have purchased from the closest dealer 30 minutes away.
Bob, Marge and Whitney (German Shepard Dog)
Rafstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 06:30 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Gass View Post
No porcelain toilet in my weigh conscious Jayflight SLX
My SLX doesn't have one either and I figure it works the exact same. However if I found that I was spending more time on the toilet then I was spending outside I would probably change it out to porcelain.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 01-23-2018, 08:47 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno View Post
Just got back from the Toronto RV show, and was disappointed with the 2018 Jayco lineup. Nothing exciting, in fact pretty boring. I don't think they've changed anything because decor and options look the same as my 2012. Even the wallpaper used is the same. Other brands have caught on and have updated, but not Jayco. Here's a couple items I look for if/when I make my next purchase. No more plastic toilets !! Even the cheaper makes now use china/porcelain toilets. Another thing I can't stand is those built in, uncomfortable benches. I want separate chairs and a free standing table. There's a few other things others have improved on that hopefully Jayco will take notice. Thankfully I'm not in the market for a new TT.
We ordered a 2018 HT 27.5rkds. Jayco was switching to standard table and chairs vs booth setup. Our 34’ Puma had table and chairs and we hated them. Not enough room to use them comfortably. We optioned the booth set up and are very happy with it, also can be used as a bed if our granddaughter camps with us. Before getting table and chairs, look at the trailer and verify the space is large enough to be comfortable sitting. I should add we have a porcelain toilet.

2018 Eagle HT 27.5 RKDS
Ruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 09:48 AM   #25

Hmmm...My 2017 23MRB has a porcelain toilet and a free standing table that doubles as a bed support. They also supplied an additional 4" plastic table for outdoors. In addition, there are significant changes and upgrades on the MRB so I just wonder if you are looking at models with lower unit sales that are not worth upgrading.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 01:29 PM   #26

No complaints here on Jayco updates.

We have a great show in Denver at the Colorado Convention Center. It was just a couple of weeks ago.

We really liked the small coat closet in the Columbus line of 5ers. I hope Jayco has that when we're ready to upgrade. I have not seen it in any others.

The "Step Above" type of RV steps were showing up on lots of units - that's a great update, too. Here's a link for a demo:
Empty nesters - traded bunk beds for recliners

States camped in:
https://www.jaycoowners.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic50318_3.gif
Tom51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 01:47 PM   #27

FWIW, the higher end models got serious facelifts/updates for 2018. Everything from countertops to flooring, to light fixtures, to furniture fabrics, to the MORryde steps (mentioned above).

In fact, with the facelifts, I think they may be leading the pack as far as design and features in that price segment.
Lowmiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 01:49 PM   #28

Quote:
Just got back from the Toronto RV show, and was disappointed with the 2018 Jayco lineup. Nothing exciting, in fact pretty boring. I don't think they've changed anything because decor and options look the same as my 2012. Even the wallpaper used is the same. Other brands have caught on and have updated, but not Jayco. Here's a couple items I look for if/when I make my next purchase. No more plastic toilets !! Even the cheaper makes now use china/porcelain toilets. Another thing I can't stand is those built in, uncomfortable benches. I want separate chairs and a free standing table. There's a few other things others have improved on that hopefully Jayco will take notice. Thankfully I'm not in the market for a new TT.
Everything you listed is either standard or optional on my 2018 Jayco Whitehawk 28RL. Same on my previously owned Whitehawk 24RKS. I've never seen a plastic toilet in a Jayco, but as my title says I'm a newbe. Overall floor plans for Jayco in 2018 are not as good as 2017 (IMO).
Scott_Trailer_Newbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 02:16 PM   #29
Site Team

Quote:
The problem is I live in Canada. We don't have the selection you Americans have whether it's selection of RVs or the selections you have in your grocery stores. (I'm sure Canadians reading this will know what I mean).
I have one Jayco dealer that's local, and they don't have much selection. Other that brochures, my only other option is these shows unfortunately.
The 3rd week in January 2019, hook up that x213 and come-on down to Florida. Tampa has the biggest RV show in the South West. The temperatures were a little on the COOL side (60F-75F), but it probably beat your temperatures by30F+degrees.

Don

My Registry

RVing with SOLAR
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 05:21 PM   #30

X 2 on the Hershey RV Show, advertised as the largest in America. Jayco had a huge display there with 2 local Jayco dealers competing for your business. I disagree on not purchasing there; be an educated consumer, ignore that show price sticker, don`t appear too anxious to buy, and simply make an offer you feel is a great deal and be prepared to walk away if not accepted. With multiple selling dealers, we were able to blow away that show sticker price and purchased our 2018 Eagle HT 324BHTS at the show. And by the way, it had a porcelain toilet and a bench dinnette which we preferred over the table/chairs option! Lolol
2015 EZ-GO TXT Golf Cart
South Jersey
K9Nardu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 10:31 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmwhit View Post
X2 on the chairs. My current unit has the bench style dining seats and I prefer them. I had a unit that had the chairs and it was too tight of a fit and cramped. Also, I can make a bed if needed from the bench type of dining seating. I normally purchase a new unit every two years. I’ve been satisfied with the changes in the Jayco RV line up. Maybe I’m old thinking but I am satisfied with the offering from Jayco. I also note that if someone comes up with a new idea that catches on then it does’t take long before the other manufactures are doing the same thing.
I just went to the Tampa RV show and if you can't find what you want at a show this size you won't find it at all. I have a 2018 Greyhawk that I bought in May of 2017. I looked at the Jayco models they had at the show, only one small Greyhawk a number of redhawks and several class A models. If you have an older model Greyhawk cherish it because the newer models up and down the product line look much cheaper. Even my early 2018 Greyhawk still had the nice cabinets. The "Thor" influence is evident already. A lot of cost reduction is evident in the interior fit and finish. For goodness sake Jayco your units look like a Coachman. I plan to have mine for a while, but if and when I replace it, i probably won't go with Jayco again. They look cheap inside.
rodpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 07:32 AM   #32

Despite what I wrote earlier about upgraded finishes and fabrics on the 2018 fifth wheels, I have to admit I was shocked when looking at the Jayco Class Cs at this year’s NJ RV show. I agree that the interiors came across as cheap and thrown together.

Thor acquisition was late 2015 so it’s strange that as time goes on they seem to moving in opposite directions across their own categories.
Lowmiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 04:31 AM   #33

Send a message via AIM to jaycojay Send a message via MSN to jaycojay
Plastic toilets have been around for ever .... and from what i can recall, have been doing the "job" quite well. At least they now have the foot flush! Our new Jayflight has the porcelain toilet ..... we mostly joke about it.... eewwww, luxurious living, a porcelain toilet, we're moving on up (LOL).

I have to agree, living in Windsor and a stones throw from Detroit, i have seen both Canadian and American RV shows .....actually, not allowed to go to them anymore
The Detroit shows are so much better, because the dealers in Michigan stock so much more, so they can bring more of a variety. They can bring as much as they want, if the manufacturers aren't changing, it could be the same old thing. I go mainly to see floorplans. I'm sure there are subtle changes, but unlike a auto manufacturer, it's hard to change the design of a front grille from one year to the next.

Living in or near Toronto, i would go to Sicards in Niagara Falls before wasting money going to the trailer show, especially if you were like me and only look at Jaycos. They have one of the largest inventories around, and are great people to deal with. I have driven from Windsor to Niagara falls for my last 4, well last 3, they delivered the current one to my driveway. You may want to wait about another month though, because i'm not sure if you have been in your current trailer lately, but it is damn cold in ours .....c'mon Spring in Ontario!