Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-22-2018, 09:12 AM   #1
Lost in the Woods

Jayco needs to pick up their socks

Just got back from the Toronto RV show, and was disappointed with the 2018 Jayco lineup. Nothing exciting, in fact pretty boring. I don't think they've changed anything because decor and options look the same as my 2012. Even the wallpaper used is the same. Other brands have caught on and have updated, but not Jayco. Here's a couple items I look for if/when I make my next purchase. No more plastic toilets !! Even the cheaper makes now use china/porcelain toilets. Another thing I can't stand is those built in, uncomfortable benches. I want separate chairs and a free standing table. There's a few other things others have improved on that hopefully Jayco will take notice. Thankfully I'm not in the market for a new TT.
Danno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 09:26 AM   #2

Nothing new is a let down, The table and chairs is what we have and don't care for them at all. They are crammed in so tight you have to slide across the first chair to get to the inside one. No storage under a chair with rungs. I would love to switch out out table and chairs FOR a bench set up. I get some time this spring I was thinking about pulling 2 chairs on side by the wall and build a bench. If it works I'll do the other side later. Hopefully they will look at some of these posts and LEARN something. A lot of the mods SHOULD be done at the factory as standard. Rase the par jayco!
Signmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 09:41 AM   #3

So what model RV do you currently own?

Your 'profiles' show nothing!!

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 10:02 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signmoney View Post
Nothing new is a let down, The table and chairs is what we have and don't care for them at all. They are crammed in so tight you have to slide across the first chair to get to the inside one. No storage under a chair with rungs. I would love to switch out out table and chairs FOR a bench set up. I get some time this spring I was thinking about pulling 2 chairs on side by the wall and build a bench. If it works I'll do the other side later. Hopefully they will look at some of these posts and LEARN something. A lot of the mods SHOULD be done at the factory as standard. Rase the par jayco!
X2 on the chairs. My current unit has the bench style dining seats and I prefer them. I had a unit that had the chairs and it was too tight of a fit and cramped. Also, I can make a bed if needed from the bench type of dining seating. I normally purchase a new unit every two years. I’ve been satisfied with the changes in the Jayco RV line up. Maybe I’m old thinking but I am satisfied with the offering from Jayco. I also note that if someone comes up with a new idea that catches on then it does’t take long before the other manufactures are doing the same thing.
Old 01-22-2018, 10:04 AM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno View Post
Just got back from the Toronto RV show, and was disappointed with the 2018 Jayco lineup. Nothing exciting, in fact pretty boring. I don't think they've changed anything because decor and options look the same as my 2012. Even the wallpaper used is the same. Other brands have caught on and have updated, but not Jayco. Here's a couple items I look for if/when I make my next purchase. No more plastic toilets !! Even the cheaper makes now use china/porcelain toilets. Another thing I can't stand is those built in, uncomfortable benches. I want separate chairs and a free standing table. There's a few other things others have improved on that hopefully Jayco will take notice. Thankfully I'm not in the market for a new TT.
Porcelain head is standard in Jayflights, Tab!e and chairs is available on most couples trailers but not most bunkhouses.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 10:31 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
Porcelain head is standard in Jayflights, Tab!e and chairs is available on most couples trailers but not most bunkhouses.
I was going to say, porcelain toilets are standard on most models and the table and chairs are available on many models.

I'm trying to understand what earth shattering features other manufacturers have that Jayco doesn't. I'd like to hear more examples other than toilets and table/chairs, which they have. Don't expect all variations to be available in ALL models. No one offers that.
Old 01-22-2018, 10:31 AM   #7
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry g. View Post
so what model rv do you currently own?

Your 'profiles' show nothing!!
2012 x213
Old 01-22-2018, 10:32 AM   #8
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
I'm just going with what they had at the show.
Old 01-22-2018, 10:40 AM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Probably the SLX models which have less features.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 10:52 AM   #10

Quote:

Every show I’ve been to have very few models. I wouldn’t judge Jaycos whole lineup on one show...
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 11:01 AM   #11

Quote:
Was the Jayco display at the show provided by a local dealer? Or was it a Jayco corporate display?
Dealers will bring what they have in stock which may be limited on features and options, while a corporate display should have many more feature offerings on display.
Old 01-22-2018, 12:11 PM   #12
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCo View Post
Every show I’ve been to have very few models. I wouldn’t judge Jaycos whole lineup on one show...
The problem is I live in Canada. We don't have the selection you Americans have whether it's selection of RVs or the selections you have in your grocery stores. (I'm sure Canadians reading this will know what I mean).
I have one Jayco dealer that's local, and they don't have much selection. Other that brochures, my only other option is these shows unfortunately.
Old 01-22-2018, 12:25 PM   #13

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
Manufacturers can't play in on every wish from customers. To much diversity. If you really wish something; create if yourself.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 12:51 PM   #14

What is interesting is how poorly some of the manufacturers represent in Toronto. As North America's 4th largest city (12th largest agglomeration), you'd think that manufacturers would invest more effort than just sending local dealer stock.

Of course our sleepy RV show hasn't seen a Jayco at all in the last decade. We are 31st on the cities list, and it is the same 5 local dealers every year. Some do bring in the manufacturer reps. Still fun to go kick the tires though.
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 12:59 PM   #15

Quote:
The problem is I live in Canada. We don't have the selection you Americans have whether it's selection of RVs or the selections you have in your grocery stores. (I'm sure Canadians reading this will know what I mean).
I have one Jayco dealer that's local, and they don't have much selection. Other that brochures, my only other option is these shows unfortunately.
I understand. Dealers are kind of far and few between here in New England also.
When I was shopping for a 38FDDS, Jayco corporate office told me that the closest one in stock was at a dealer 7/8 hours away in Buffalo NY. I was adamant about seeing one in person before ordering from my local dealer (an hour away). Then I saw that Orlando RV had one on their lot. I actually took a day out of my vacation in Orlando to look at it. They also own Buffalo RV, so naturally they tried to sell me the one at their Buffalo store stating that they'd deliver to Massachusetts. Long story short is that I got to see one in person. Based on that, I ordered one with the options I wanted when I got home from Orlando.
Old 01-22-2018, 01:52 PM   #16

Yep, we don't see full up RV shows either. Have to go to one of the big cities like Phoenix.

When shopping we spent probably a hundred hours online looking at floor plans and pictures before we went to a dealer. Then we picked a few dealers to see what they looked like in the flesh. Then narrowed it down to three. Went and looked and chose the one we have now.

FWWIW, uur 'low end' Jayco has a porcelain toilet and we also prefer bench dinnette. We like the extra storage space and no chairs to fall over. But, we did replace the sofa/bed with dual recliners.

NO carpet would be my choice for any RV. At least our current one only has about 20 sq ft of it (around the bed). I love the wood grain vinyl flooring. Durable and hides dirt well.
Maggie, Old English Sheepdog
vcbice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 06:37 PM   #17

Quote:
you have to remember, the dealer pays a lot per sq ft to be at those shows, it would be unrealistic to expect the full lineup

Here in Montreal, we have a few dealers, only one is a Jayco. there is no way you can do a back-to-back comparison of different floor plans.

at the Toronto show, Sicard RV was representing Jaycos lineup. they have LOTS of models at the dealership. we were able to compare 264slx, 26bh and 26bhs at the same time.

best thing to do is look at the dealer's online inventory, and look at google satellite view to see what size the dealer really is.

Paul
(full disclosure we bought our 26bh from Sicard RV)
pgartner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 07:59 PM   #18

I always wait and go to the Toronto RV Show in March at the International Centre. It is bigger than the one you were at The Congress Centre in Jan. Figure the Jan one in Toronto they don't want to pull all there inventory through the snow and ice and most likely haven't got all there new stock yet.
Old 01-22-2018, 08:05 PM   #19

Forgot to mention that at the Toronto Show last year I was looking at my nearest dealer for a model I know they have but didn't have at the show. They told me that the dealers get together and decide each year who will bring what models so as not to have duplicates at the show and to make sure a bigger selection available to look at. So i had to wander over to another dealer to look at the model I was interested in.
Old 01-22-2018, 08:22 PM   #20

No porcelain toilet in my weigh conscious Jayflight SLX

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote