Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-22-2018, 08:12 AM   #1

Jayco needs to pick up their socks

Just got back from the Toronto RV show, and was disappointed with the 2018 Jayco lineup. Nothing exciting, in fact pretty boring. I don't think they've changed anything because decor and options look the same as my 2012. Even the wallpaper used is the same. Other brands have caught on and have updated, but not Jayco. Here's a couple items I look for if/when I make my next purchase. No more plastic toilets !! Even the cheaper makes now use china/porcelain toilets. Another thing I can't stand is those built in, uncomfortable benches. I want separate chairs and a free standing table. There's a few other things others have improved on that hopefully Jayco will take notice. Thankfully I'm not in the market for a new TT.

Danno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 08:26 AM   #2

Nothing new is a let down, The table and chairs is what we have and don't care for them at all. They are crammed in so tight you have to slide across the first chair to get to the inside one. No storage under a chair with rungs. I would love to switch out out table and chairs FOR a bench set up. I get some time this spring I was thinking about pulling 2 chairs on side by the wall and build a bench. If it works I'll do the other side later. Hopefully they will look at some of these posts and LEARN something. A lot of the mods SHOULD be done at the factory as standard. Rase the par jayco!

Signmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 08:41 AM   #3

So what model RV do you currently own?

Your 'profiles' show nothing!!

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 09:02 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signmoney View Post
Nothing new is a let down, The table and chairs is what we have and don't care for them at all. They are crammed in so tight you have to slide across the first chair to get to the inside one. No storage under a chair with rungs. I would love to switch out out table and chairs FOR a bench set up. I get some time this spring I was thinking about pulling 2 chairs on side by the wall and build a bench. If it works I'll do the other side later. Hopefully they will look at some of these posts and LEARN something. A lot of the mods SHOULD be done at the factory as standard. Rase the par jayco!
X2 on the chairs. My current unit has the bench style dining seats and I prefer them. I had a unit that had the chairs and it was too tight of a fit and cramped. Also, I can make a bed if needed from the bench type of dining seating. I normally purchase a new unit every two years. Iíve been satisfied with the changes in the Jayco RV line up. Maybe Iím old thinking but I am satisfied with the offering from Jayco. I also note that if someone comes up with a new idea that catches on then it doesít take long before the other manufactures are doing the same thing.
Old 01-22-2018, 09:04 AM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno View Post
Just got back from the Toronto RV show, and was disappointed with the 2018 Jayco lineup. Nothing exciting, in fact pretty boring. I don't think they've changed anything because decor and options look the same as my 2012. Even the wallpaper used is the same. Other brands have caught on and have updated, but not Jayco. Here's a couple items I look for if/when I make my next purchase. No more plastic toilets !! Even the cheaper makes now use china/porcelain toilets. Another thing I can't stand is those built in, uncomfortable benches. I want separate chairs and a free standing table. There's a few other things others have improved on that hopefully Jayco will take notice. Thankfully I'm not in the market for a new TT.
Porcelain head is standard in Jayflights, Tab!e and chairs is available on most couples trailers but not most bunkhouses.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 09:31 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
Porcelain head is standard in Jayflights, Tab!e and chairs is available on most couples trailers but not most bunkhouses.
I was going to say, porcelain toilets are standard on most models and the table and chairs are available on many models.

I'm trying to understand what earth shattering features other manufacturers have that Jayco doesn't. I'd like to hear more examples other than toilets and table/chairs, which they have. Don't expect all variations to be available in ALL models. No one offers that.
Old 01-22-2018, 09:31 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry g. View Post
so what model rv do you currently own?

Your 'profiles' show nothing!!
2012 x213
Old 01-22-2018, 09:32 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
I'm just going with what they had at the show.
Old 01-22-2018, 09:40 AM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Probably the SLX models which have less features.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 09:52 AM   #10

Quote:

Every show Iíve been to have very few models. I wouldnít judge Jaycos whole lineup on one show...

SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote