Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-04-2018, 07:57 PM   #1

Jayco quality

Wife & I are looking for a new Motorhome. Class A or C. Looked at the Jayco class C’s today. What is the consensus on the Jayco’s or any other makes for that matter? Thanks!
Bud&Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 08:05 PM   #2

They all suck. Jayco just sucks less. Expect a number of “challenges” with ownership as a whole. Nothing that can’t usually be remedied. Jayco and Keystone would be my top picks for long term quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-04-2018, 08:54 PM   #3

You'd do better by being wary of the dealer, specifically a CW lot. If you do buy, prepare and use the pre-inspection checklist included in the forum. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
grimeshaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 09:07 PM   #4

There will be a few adjustments that will have to be made but when you see what’s around the next corner the only adjust you’ll have to make is that smile on your face. Enjoy and share your new life just like we are doing now.
Tunce
Old 03-04-2018, 09:14 PM   #5

Most everything man made will have some problems. Even some high high dollar motorhomes. I know Jayco fixed things on our travel trailer when we had problems, under warranty,. I also fixed things that were not that bad. You will find good and bad out there, best thing to do is look at all different models and make up your mind.
2018 Jayco Jayfeather 27 RL, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2020 Buick Encore Hers, Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Parcany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 09:46 PM   #6

I compare most of the RV industry to the way the big three built cars back in the 60s-early 70s. Neither really cared about quality, just push them out and do warranty repairs as needed. I had a few minor problems with my Jayco in the first two years, most I took care of myself, bigger ticket items that required parts the dealer had Jayco ship them to me.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 09:26 AM   #7

There are pros and cons to buying new or used and a lot of owners in both camps. Set a budget and then find a floor plan you like and then start comparing different makes and models. It is helpful to have a reputable dealer but it’s more important to have a place you can go for repairs regardless of who the manufacturer is. If you buy new Jayco carries a 2 year warranty which gives you 2 full camping seasons to work out the bugs. Also, if your dealer cannot take care of any issues then a call to Jayco Motorized CS will provide you with outstanding customer support. They truly stand behind their products. If you buy used then you will have a much smaller warranty window if any at all. I have owned numerous TT’s over the years and had a class C (not Jayco) prior to my present rig and I am very happy with Jayco. Do your research and make your decision based on the best information you have which fits your lifestyle and you will have fewer regrets after you pull the trigger. Good luck and let us know what you decide.
Old 03-05-2018, 07:05 PM   #8

FWIIW, not all CW's are bad. The one in El Paso has been really good for us. It is also where we bought out trailer.
Maggie, Old English Sheepdog
vcbice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 05:23 PM   #9

Thumbs up New Greyhawk 30 XP Prestige

We just picked up our unit this week. So no long term opinions yet. But we sold our 2001 29QBH which we LOVED. Based on the quality of that TT we stayed with Jayco for our Class C. Build quality seems to be really good. No complaints. Will post under Greyhawk Prestige in Class C threads.
Jim_in_WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 05:59 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrtEmaxChvy View Post
They all suck. Jayco just sucks less. Expect a number of “challenges” with ownership as a whole. Nothing that can’t usually be remedied. Jayco and Keystone would be my top picks for long term quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha!!
Yep. Luck of the draw.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote