Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-18-2017, 07:14 PM   #21

I'm on my 2nd MH and made it a Jayco after having owned TT's for 30+ years. Did lots of research and as others have said Jayco provides a lot of bang for the buck. I have one major issue and it's going back to the factory for repairs in early 2018. Is it disappointing? Absolutely, but Jayco has been just fantastic to work with. I don't live anywhere near a dealer and Jayco has been very understanding and wants to make it right. Just go on some of the other forums and you can read lots of horror stories. One OP on the Tiffin RV network who has owned several Allegro models was complaining about the lack of quality on the new 2018 Phaeton which is in the $350k range. So build issues are not unique to Jayco. I can't speak for others. I can only speak for me. And for me Jayco CS has stepped up to the plate every time I have called.
Old 11-19-2017, 06:01 AM   #22

We have a 2017 330RSTS and absolutely love it! We have had a few cosmetic issues that most any RV will incur, but none of them have kept us from using our unit. We just had our dealer write up the work orders, order parts where needed, and then brought our unit back when we were not using it. There were 2 instances where we had what some might consider a major issue when our tankless water heater malfunctioned and our LR television needed replacement. Both times, Jayco and/or the manufacturer (Girard, Furrion), quickly took ownership of the issues we had, even authorized a remote repair service to fix the issues on our seasonal site, and our issues were resolved in a matter of a day or two instead of weeks. I would definitely purchase a Jayco again.
Old 11-19-2017, 07:35 AM   #23

I have my 3rd Jayco on order. In my opinion, Jayco provides the most bang for the buck. That being said, you're going to have a few problems, just like you will with any trailer bouncing down the road, hitting pot holes and most likely sitting outside during all sorts of weather.

If I think back on all my RV problems, I would have to say I've had more electrical connection issues than all other problems put together. Carrying a VOM and knowing how to use it is part of RV'ing.
retiredtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 07:42 AM   #24

We have a Jay Flight 23RB now. Got it brand new in June of this year. Didn't have a chance to use it a lot during the summer, but have put nearly 4750 miles on it since September.

So far it has done well for us. We have had a balky exterior door almost since we bought it. We did have a leak where the hot water goes through the rear wall to the outside shower. There was a deformed cone washer. I bought some new ones, and replaced it. Since then, I have had no problems with leaks, (knock on wood).

I will say it has provided a lot of "bang for the buck" so far. It is about 3 feet longer than my previous trailer, but it provides a dinette which we wanted along with a sofa. Our old trailer was shorter, but had a small slide with a sofa on it, but not dinette. Our 23RB doesn't have a slide, but it still provides us with enough room inside. Coming from a Class B background, we've never needed a huge amount of room.

One thing we have noticed though. Our old Koala 21CS, which had Azdel sides and foam insulation, was better insulated. Jayco can talk all they want about the insulation they put in their "stick and tin" trailers, but it does not keep the trailer cooler in hot temperatures and warmer in cooler temperatures. In other words, the heater must run more to keep it warm, and the AC must run more to keep it cooler.

But overall, we like what we have, and as long as it holds together like the Jayco reputation says it will, this trailer will probably be our last RV ever. At 70, I do RVing on a year to year basis.

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 07:46 AM   #25
Site Team

Hey, look up. I'm 75 and we do our camping on a trip to basis.

We are in great health but still have FIL and MIL still kicking at 87.

Enjoy each trip like it might be your last one!
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote