Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-30-2022, 07:10 AM   #21

We just purchased a Redhawk 26m. Love the layout. I think I'll go ahead and get a mattress topper before we go out tomorrow (first time). Only issue I've had is the really low clearance on the gray/black valves. I've tightened the strap to move it up now, but only 9in of clearance. I'm going to shorten the pipes to gain some more clearance. It drags on my driveway (not steep). Not good.

Maiden voyage tomorrow to Gulf Shores. Can't wait
Whitt757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2023, 02:38 PM   #22

Help request

I have a 2022 26M, we’re in the middle of a 4 months trip from Ottawa Ontario, and are currently in McAllen Texas. My retractable steps were/are acting up. Originally very badly, intermittently wouldn’t extend, wouldn’t retract, wouldn’t stay extended.

I found two wires that had been coupled together but only hanging on by a couple strands of wire, I fixed that and had improvements in operation but the stairs will still not stay extended , I have since found a third wire that was probably attached to the original two but I can’t be sure.

I’m looking for someone who will look at the wires in the battery compartment under the step on their 26M, to possibly verify my assumption. It really isn’t too technical or difficult. I’m assuming all or most of 26M’s will be wired the same.

I’ve been in contact with my dealer, jayco, I have a case number but cannot find authorized jayco remote techs in the area. All the switches and the controller have been tested and passed, it’s come down to wiring

I know it’s an odd request and understand if nobody wants to respond. If someone does, send me a message and we’ll go from there.

Thanks in advance
dsabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2023, 03:33 PM   #23

Have you asked Jayco for a wiring schematic? Their customer service is pretty quick to reply to that type of request. I, unfortunately, have traded in my 26M. Sorry.
NitLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 07:26 AM   #24

We put a topper on ours and leave it on when at our destination. It’s not very noticeable when the bed is not completely closed. When we pack up to travel, we just roll it up and put in up on the overhead.
ConnieO33 is offline   Reply With Quote