Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-08-2018, 10:03 PM   #1

Jayco Warranty

How long does a Jayco have a warranty for? And do you have to take it to Jayco specifically or will camping world work?
B.D.keathley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 10:25 PM   #2

Jayco warranty is two years. I’ve always taken my unit to the Jayco dealer service center where I purchased it for warranty work. I’ve had very good luck with the Jayco warranty on all Jayco units I have owned, though with my current unit I have not had to used it much. I think Camping World is an authorized dealer and service center in some locations. I would make sure a service center is an authrorized Jayco service center before having them do any warranty work.
Old 01-09-2018, 05:28 AM   #3

BD,

As Mmwhit said, Jayco warranty is for two years. If you take it to a non-Jayco service center they probably won't work on it (unless you pay for it yourself). Try this link:

https://www.jayco.com/tools/dealer-l...duct_category=

John from Central Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 05:32 AM   #4

Jayco Warranty

The Jayco warranty is good for two years to the original owner. It doesn’t transfer to the second owner if the unit was sold/bought in the first two years...

Neither of my two Jayco’s have needed warranty work. But from what I’ve read on here, Jayco may approve warranty work at a non-Jayco repair shop. You would have to contact Jayco first for approval I believe...
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 07:46 AM   #5

Might want to stay away from CW
che57vy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 08:22 AM   #6

Why? The CW I bought mine at is a good one. Every one is different. Just as easy to get a bad CW than it is any other RV service center.
Maggie, Old English Sheepdog
vcbice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 08:32 AM   #7

your lucky read forums no luck with them myself
che57vy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 09:33 AM   #8

CW used to be great in years past... until they started selling RV's. IMHO, they are now more concentrated on selling than service.

Jayco has always bent over backwards to get us fixed up... the would express ship us the parts, authorize service at a local RV shop of our choice, send out a mobile repair unit, etc.

We've been to the Factory Service Center several times, and they have been beyond great to us.
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 11:16 AM   #9

Our CW isn't very good unless you are spending $$...
But you are correct to say it could happen at any RV service center.

ROOF REPLACEMENT

PARTIAL FLOOR REPLACEMENT
Scott91370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 12:56 PM   #10

Warranty

Jayco has a two year warranty, does not mean the work will be completed in two years.Little Dealer Little Prices in Phoenix Arizona has a clause in there check in paper work.Where they can charge you for looking at a non warranted items! I would ask that question on check in!
Attached Thumbnails
Camper Mtn.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 10:26 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcbice View Post
Why? The CW I bought mine at is a good one. Every one is different. Just as easy to get a bad CW than it is any other RV service center.
Wait till you take it in for "service".
GRUU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 07:54 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUU View Post
Wait till you take it in for "service".
Which CW are you referring to? All of them?

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 07:25 AM   #13

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry G. View Post
Which CW are you referring to? All of them?
All you need to do is read the posts about camping world on this and any other forum and you will soon discover it is indeed alll of them. If you want to bet your time and money on finding a good one, please sir, feel free to do so. I assure you, you will be in the minority.
GRUU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 08:03 AM   #14

Camping World threatens "send level" service

When the sales manager of the Camping World here in Albuquerque found out that I was going to buy my TT from a Camping World dealer over in Oklahoma, he threatened me with what he called "second level" service meaning that customers that bought their unit here would always have preference in service scheduling. I'm contacting Jayco to determine if they are aware of and allow this type of discrimination from Camping World.
Fyouberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 08:36 AM   #15

As a general rule I try to avoid big box stores for service. Instead, over the years I've found several mom & pop type rv centers (one or two stores only - no big chain) that are able to get me in and out faster. I think the bottom line, however, is to take your RV to the dealership where you feel most comfortable.

John from Central Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 08:42 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyouberg View Post
When the sales manager of the Camping World here in Albuquerque found out that I was going to buy my TT from a Camping World dealer over in Oklahoma, he threatened me with what he called "second level" service meaning that customers that bought their unit here would always have preference in service scheduling. I'm contacting Jayco to determine if they are aware of and allow this type of discrimination from Camping World.
Don't feel bad, I think that EVERYONE gets second level service at CW! 😀
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 11:01 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyouberg View Post
I am sure Jayco knows all about it. The issue arises from the fact that unlike "franchised" auto dealers, who must abide by manufacturers service practices, the vast majority of RV dealers are independent outlets and the RV manufacturers really have no say in how they run their business.

All Jayco can do is "grin and bear it". They are not going to start pulling their product from dealers for this type of business practice because there are dozens of other RV manufacturers out there to take their place.

Best you can hope for is Jayco authorizing you to go elsewhere, ship the parts so you can do it yourself, or bring you back to their own factory service center for work.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:37 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by che57vy View Post
Might want to stay away from CW
Gotcha! Ill try the Jayco link.
Old 01-13-2018, 03:13 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by blujay40 View Post
I am sure Jayco knows all about it. The issue arises from the fact that unlike "franchised" auto dealers, who must abide by manufacturers service practices, the vast majority of RV dealers are independent outlets and the RV manufacturers really have no say in how they run their business.

All Jayco can do is "grin and bear it". They are not going to start pulling their product from dealers for this type of business practice because there are dozens of other RV manufacturers out there to take their place.

Best you can hope for is Jayco authorizing you to go elsewhere, ship the parts so you can do it yourself, or bring you back to their own factory service center for work.
I believe Jayco goal is to move product,once you drive the rig of the lot. What warranty were you referring to? Keep in mind we have a 16 Eagle 27 months into ownership still waiting on final warranty repairs.
Attached Thumbnails
AJ NEW YRS.jpeg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 04:16 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
I believe Jayco goal is to move product,once you drive the rig of the lot. What warranty were you referring to? Keep in mind we have a 16 Eagle 27 months into ownership still waiting on final warranty repairs.
What does that mean? Are you saying you have had your eagle in for service for 27 months. Are you saying not to take it in? Are there more than one type of warranty? How long has your eagle been in there?